Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Particular

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date : 2009-02-24

The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed Empty
PostSubject: The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed   The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 12:12 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you something interesting. Sometimes the mind works out puzzles while we sleep, or questions that we couldn't find an answer to during our waking hours.

During my sleep last night, my mind decoded Beinok's true name. First of all let me explain. When I first saw the name Beinok, I said, wow that's an unusual name, it must be Asian, or perhaps Chec, or hrrmmmmmm, I just don't know.

So when I was sleeping my mind tells me, wow that's interesting, that spells
Be In Ok
what a cool name. Doh! Doh! Doh!

I'm such a dork sometimes, and I really do get caught up in not being able to see the forest through the trees Smile

Your Partner in Recovery,
~Particular...
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed   The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 12:33 pm

Well particular I must say, having you explain it to me the way that you just did, makes it a whole lot easier for me to say the name when I type it. I am one of those people that have to say the word as I type. I can't just see the letters, I have to be able to say the words. That is how my mind works. Strange as it may be.

And by the way... Your not a dork, just particular.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Beinok

Beinok

Female
Number of posts : 16
Humor : Great sense of humor
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed   The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 4:39 pm

Particular wrote:
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you something interesting. Sometimes the mind works out puzzles while we sleep, or questions that we couldn't find an answer to during our waking hours.

During my sleep last night, my mind decoded Beinok's true name. First of all let me explain. When I first saw the name Beinok, I said, wow that's an unusual name, it must be Asian, or perhaps Chec, or hrrmmmmmm, I just don't know.

So when I was sleeping my mind tells me, wow that's interesting, that spells
Be In Ok
what a cool name. Doh! Doh! Doh!

I'm such a dork sometimes, and I really do get caught up in not being able to see the forest through the trees Smile

Your Partner in Recovery
~Particular...

Hi Particular,
I have used the name for many years. It came to me one day when I was praying that one day I could truly say that I am "bein' ok." Not exactly grammatically correct, but you get the gist. Very few people have a clue what it means, nor do they care for that matter, but it has always meant something to me. My sister 'stole' some of it by using "beinoktoo!" That's fine by me because I always want her to be OK as well. I'm happy that you put some thought into it. I, too look at different names people use and wonder what the story is behind it - I'm sure it's interesting. "Particular" was an interesting name to go with your set of circumstances for example!
Have a great day!
Beinok
Back to top Go down
Particular

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed   The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 9:08 pm

Hello Beinok,

Mines pretty simple really. I couldn't decide on what to use, and I have one of those names that is very rare so I wanted to ensure my privacy and couldn't use my real name. The only thing I could think of was how frustrating it was because I couldn't find anyone that went to suboxone for opium addiction. I then decided well Particular fits, since I can't find anyone that uses my *particular* drug and has gone on *Suboxone*, so Particular is was. I have to admit the name has grown on me now, and I'm sure I'll always associate it with the day my life changed, the day I got a new shot at happiness. Thanks for sharing the story of your name, it was really interesting. I hope more people do what you suggested and do the same Smile

Your Partner in Recovery,
~Particular...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed   The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed Empty

Back to top Go down

The mind works in strange ways - Beinok Mystery Revealed
Page 1 of 1