Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to all of this old ways almost killed me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kimbo

kimbo

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Strange but there
Registration date : 2009-09-30

New to all of this old ways almost killed me Empty
PostSubject: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 1:03 am

Will share my story down the road .Pretty much the same as all addicts.Right now have a vic habit tomorrow I go see the Dr . at 2 pm. Am truly scared that it wont work. Have therapy set up also once to twice week..Working on getting friends around me to support me .Girlfriend is afraid to trust me wow no wonder Em a junkie I have stolen from her lied to her and the list goes on ..I feel like the little boy that cried wolf..
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 4:15 pm

Hello Kimbo
Yes, I have been where you are today. Your right, we all have You are not alone in this. This will work for you. Your appointment is at 2:00 p.m. is that right?
Please do not use anything today. You need to be in mild to moderate withdrawal when you go in for your induction appointment. If you use before hand, you will go into precipitated withdrawal from the Naloxone that is in the Suboxone.
What if anything has your doctor told you to expect at your first appointment?
Please know that we are here if you have any questions. I will be here off and on all night if you want me to, so that I can talk you through this.
As for your friend, yes, she does not trust you now.
But in time she will. It may take awhile for you to show her that you have changed, but don't give up. She will most likely have to give you that trust back in baby steps. The thing to remember is that it probably took you a long time to loose her trust so it may take awhile to get it back.
You will have to make your recovery your first and top priority. But yes, you can do it!
Addiction is a disease, it is not something that we ask for but it is something that with help we can manage.
You sound like your on the right track with the counseling. I applaud you for that.
let me know how you are. I look forward to talking with you.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
kimbo

kimbo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 7:23 pm

Can not believe how God works in my life . Finding the Dr. having
Sunday to detox off the vics starting Sub on Monday he even sent
me home with 4 8 mg to start out on told me how to it and when to
take it and to call him by 9am on Monday morning .All I can say
is WOW.Will keep u posted through out the weekend..
Thank you,
Kim
Back to top Go down
kimbo

kimbo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 7:31 pm

By finding this site gave me so much information on how to the why fors and the support even the Dr. was surprised on how much I knew .He has been doing research on Suboxone for over 4 yrs now with goverment grants..
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 9:38 pm

Hi Kim,
I'm so glad for you and wanted you to know we are here for you for support. Have a restfull and happy weekend. I'm Barbara and will be off and on to check everyone out.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 8:01 pm

HI Kim, this is Dee, I have already posted to you under you other topic. Starting Suboxone will be a life changing experience for you and I am so happy for you. Be proud of yourself. We are.
Your doctor gave you 4 8mg tablets to take for your induction. Does he have you taking all four tablets on the first day? Please Kim if this is what he has told you, let me know what his other instructions are for you
I am in no way a doctor. But I can speak from experience and what others have shared with me. I too have been researching Suboxone.
Since I am a Suboxone Patient I feel it is most important to know everything that I can about the medications that I take.
According to protocol, if you were taking a short acting opiate such a Vicodin, your first dose of Suboxone should be 4mg. And no more than 8mg on the first day of your induction. Please see: Suboxone Treatment Protocol < (click here)
I don't mean to sound nosey but I do care about you. Please let me know what your doctor has told you about Suboxone. I only want you to have a positive first day on the startof your new journey.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
kimbo

kimbo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 8:24 pm

Having tough day today no vics since 9 pm last night .Lots of things that I have stuffed are coming to surface now in the way of feeling having used vics for over 3 years to mask them .What can I say There all there right on the surface ready to come out nothing covered by the pain meds .Waiting hour by hour to start the suboxone ..I know this time is worth all that Im going through..I know in the end I wont have lie steal or cheat to get my drugs ..I know those problems will be there only drug free now... What to say to partner about the feeling that have been stuffed that's the question at hand in my eyes???
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 9:12 pm

New to all of this old ways almost killed me God_on10

(AND TOMORROW!!)
Hi Kimbo,
It really sounds as if you are struggling today. I hate to even imagine what you are going through right now because I have been there before as well. (too many times) If possible, try to keep in your mind that this is the very last time that you will have to endure this "dope sickness" as you begin Suboxone, your life will change dramatically. You will feel so much better after your first dosage with the Suboxone, truly within minutes. It is amazing- it's almost like you feel like "normal" people should feel. You don't feel all out of it & looped up, you just do not feel sick. What time is your appointment tomorrow? I hope that it is in the AM, for your sake of not having to wait throughout the entire day. I'm glad to see that you are keeping a great perspective about it, knowing that it is worth it in the end.
About all of those emotions coming to the surface, welcome to recovery!! New to all of this old ways almost killed me Fresse But this is what you are trying to fix, right? Continue to reach out & talk about these issues with people who have walked through your shoes & understand what it is like to also "struggle" in recovery. Yet, it's still worth it. After you can talk about it, the easier it becomes to accept it, then the easier it becomes to find a solution to dealing with it. (without 20 Vicodins to mask those feelings) I've gone through the same things, as has every member here. Yet, once it's out, it's out!! It's not only your burden to carry alone any longer. You have over 200 people here who know what it's like to have to bear that weight on their shoulders for so long all alone. You are no longer alone, my friend! You are going to go to your appointment tomorrow to get feeling physically comfortable, then you can begin to tackle these other issues. New to all of this old ways almost killed me Icon_idea Throughout that time period, I strongly recommend counseling, as that seems to be the best working combination. I also encourage you to continue to come here to "vent out" those issues that are wanting to come pouring out, as they are right at the surface.
Kimbo, I have faith in you. You sound like you have the determination & desire to make this a reality! And we will be here every step of the way for you, if you would like to talk or discuss anything through, just simply say the word! I know that you feel awful right now, so these words sound so very generic, but after you have had your dosage of Suboxone, please come back & read this through again. You are not alone, not by a long shot!! I know that if I can do it, you can do it! Please keep us updated as to how your appointment goes tomorrow & how you are feeling by that point. I really look forward to hearing from you. Try to get through the night as best as possible & know that better days are ahead for you!
Sending strength & prayers your way! New to all of this old ways almost killed me Star3
Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth New to all of this old ways almost killed me Herz
Back to top Go down
kimbo

kimbo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 10:30 pm

The Dr was kind enough to send me home with 4 gave the instructions on how and when to begin has been over 24 hours.. Told me start out at 2 mg then if that didn't work to take the rest of the 8 mg tab.. Have his number ..If I didn't wait wait long enough I would be twice as sick.. Will keep you all posted and thank you for your supoort
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 11:13 pm

Hi Kim,

It's Barbara. Glad to know you got some relief and on your way to glory. Want to hear something funny? When I first went to my doctor, he gave me an eight milligram and told me to put it under my tongue. I was so out of it, I put it between my teeth and gum like a peice of tobacco. He came back in about twenty minutes later and noticed the orange all on my lips and still sick. He laughed when I told him what I did and got me another pill and showed me how to put it under my tongue. I was fine after that. Oh, plus I was so sick I showed up in my gown and housecoat. You take care and know you never have to feel sick again. You've got a long road of recovery, but you've made the biggest step.
I'd love to hear from you as you get well. Let us guide you through the way back.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
kimbo

kimbo

Male

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptyMon 05 Oct 2009, 4:00 pm

TO all of you that have set up all of the information here and the support here you are godsend .Finding the Dr. and the resources to help pay for my script along with all of great people that I have had a chance to talk to and to know they understand the path that I walk down .For sure they have walked a mile in my shoes .. Im off to nap but life is good today .,Will send more later
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptyTue 06 Oct 2009, 12:42 pm

Kimbo,
Reading your words mean so much. To know that people do appreciate what we do, makes it all worthwhile. It tells us that we are reaching people in need. And to have you here with us is great. You are most welcome. I hope that you will continue to post and stay for a long, long time.
If you have any questions or concerns please be sure to let us know. We are here for you and you don't have to go through anything alone. Not anymore.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me EmptyTue 06 Oct 2009, 9:22 pm

For sure Kim,

We are here for you and so glad you are responsive to us. We are all here for a reason and I think it's to give what has been so abundantly given to us. As Dee said, you are never alone anymore. Please feel at ease with us and know we will do all we can to walk this with you.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to all of this old ways almost killed me   New to all of this old ways almost killed me Empty

Back to top Go down

New to all of this old ways almost killed me
Page 1 of 1