Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? Empty
PostSubject: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 2:51 am

I know that I shouldnt have went to that other website and looked at some of the updated posts. I did for some odd reason, because I know there are bullies there. So I did go there and behold bully has struck again griping because people are pissing and moaning about the costs of the Suboxone generic. Why is it so wrong for people to gripe and moan about something that we were told was going to be low cost?
I mean there should be nothing but frustration that comes out of this, its ridiculous to come out and say the medication is going to be cheaper and bold faced lie about it. I was shocked to find out that its 10 percent cheaper and nothing else. I basically told this bully to back off and let people vent and release stress, that there is nothing wrong with it.
Alot of people find it therapeutic to do this, I know it is for me anyways. If I can take thirty minutes and just relieve some stress whether it be bitching or pounding a pillow, that helps me and keeps me from doing something stupid like relapsing. How can this be frowned upon? I guess its just the bully mind set. If I say anything towards this person about back off and let this person vent, I am going to be yelled at but I am to the point that I dont honestly care.
There is no reasoning behind telling someone that if they dont like the costs to stop taking it and find something else to do. That is not solid sound advice to me.
Sorry for venting myself, but I just dont understand what makes the human mind do something like this to another person.
Thanks for listening to me as always fellars and ladies,
April
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 9:40 pm

I have a feeling your bully's initials are "O.M." perhaps ??? Am I right Question Question Question

I think you have a point in saying you can't keep things that are bothering you bottled up inside.
It's not healthy.
It has every right to be a part of recovery. It's YOUR recovery. Everyone is healing different.

Why is it, all those members that NO LONGER TAKE Suboxone has something negative to say about that whole thing? And it's all the old timers???

"Just stop taking it, no one is forcing you...." Blah blah blah.
Easy for someone that's no longer on it, or better yet was NEVER ON IT TO BEGIN WITH !!!! Evil or Very Mad

April, vent all you want girl !!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 11:32 pm

What a bully!
I see no problem in expressing how you feel!
Like Blue said, it's better than keeping it bottled up!

Hope you are doing well April. You told Blue.

I'm alright.

Have a nice night ladies.

Much love.

I love you Jazz

Xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? EmptyThu 14 Mar 2013, 9:51 pm

My gosh you are right. How in the world did you know that? You are psychic and reading my pea brain. I finally got to tell him that I thought he needed to seek council for being a bully, but I got laughed at for saying that. We also got our posts moved to a thread because we were "stealing" someone's post.
I just cant sit by and see someone who is just wanting to relieve some stress get fussed at for doing so. I am still just floored that you knew who I was talking about without saying really anything about O.M.
He is getting worse on this site and they back him up or say nothing to him about whatever he trolls on about. I dont know if they just realize there is nothing that they can say to stop it although, they could block him from posting but we had a knock down drag out about a month or so ago and the admin DID NOTHING.
I even sent a email to the admin begging her to do something and she wouldnt even budge. Shes not even a recovering addict, not saying that you have to be to run a website like this but it might help a little. THe other forum that I occasionally read is ran by an actual Suboxone Doctor, that is helpful if you need to ask some medical questions or something. This one is ran by a person that was/is recovering from opiates. I just think it helps to have surrounding support of people that are going to listen to you vent/ let you lean on them if you need to and not fuss at you for needing to gripe about the cost of Suboxone. Everytime that we mention how RB runs their company, he is first in line to back them up. Hes just weird.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013, 2:29 pm

It's a small world in the forum community when it comes to support forums for Suboxone. Once you describe a situation it's not too hard to figure out where that forum is. Most of us have had the same experiences with some of the same people.
When you talk about a forum where the admin hasn't been in active addiction but gives out advice like it is candy I can pretty much tell you who that person is.

Just like with Blue, you mention a few things and she knows who you are talking about. That same person has talked down to a lot of people and he needs to remember what it was like when he was taking Suboxone. Kine of like the ex smoker giving advice to the now smoker. I"m sure he was once in our shoes.

I'm sure we are all grateful to RB for coming out with Suboxone in the first place. It has saved many lives and will continue to do so. But that doesn't mean that everyone can afford it. So if you need to vent then do so.

I read in the post on the other forum where it was said that venting can be counter productive in recovery. Just because you complain about the price of a medication doesn't mean that you don't have some positive experiences. I think there are a lot of people that want to control other people in what they say. And it is wrong. As long as you are not hurting someone, vent away
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013, 6:16 pm

Like Dee said, it wasn't to hard to find the thread you were talking about.
And "OM" has even been bad-mouthed publicly on a different forum (Not any of the one's we have mentioned)
It was quite a few years ago but its there.

I just mean to point out, he's made enemies along the way. He's a bully !!!

Like Dee said, I agree, I don't see how venting could be counter productive in recovery.
If anything, it could hinder your recovery. What if you were keeping all your problems
bottled up ? How can that be healthy?? It's not.

So Vent away !!!!
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 6:56 pm

Someone on that other website just posted and told me that they thought I would never agree with this guy that I had argued with, apparently you arent allowed to agree with someone once you see what they mean after they explain their views. I should have never went back there, there was a couple of people that I was wanting to check up on and I should have just let them be.
They think that just because you agree with someone after you fussed with them, its just a travesty. I just got told that I should work on my own recovery and take the sub and stop bitching about it. I wasnt bitching about it, I was upset because the price of the generic was higher than what I figured should be. Cant someone vent a little bit? If yall want to see this rant and rave and know the website that I speak of, you are more than welcome. I am asouth32 there.
I cant even explain the mess of emotions that I am going through right now. I cant stop crying, I have been crying all day long. If you even begin to post emotions there, you get told to grow up and get over it.I know that I might should do that, but there is something wrong mentally and i was just trying to check up on people over there and apologize if I did offend people but apparently there are a few shit stirrers there.
I am completely done with them, I cant keep going back over there. They do nothing but sit and think about how they can upset someone or how they can bring them down. And I cant come up with something quick enough to explain myself without getting upset and sound like I am bitching or whining. Im just going to keep my distance, they arent worth my time or trouble.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 8:08 pm

Ok, so let me see if I understand. OM explained his point of view, and you understood what he meant, and that's being frowned upon??? Seriously ???
Has the thread been moved yet, that's another one of their tricks on that forum.

I'm going to go see what happened.
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013, 1:27 am

The thread wasnt moved, there was posts on another thread that was picked through and placed in another thread that had nothing to do with the OP topic. We were talking about the price of generics and how me and a couple of others were upset about the price being higher than what we expected. This time it wasnt OM, it was someone else who chimed in.
The admin moved a bunch of posts to another thread where the OP was upset because his insurance screwed him over and we had gotten into it previously because he was dogging Suboxone and things like that. I didnt realize how the company actually was at the time and I did get into an argument with him. After time passed, I seen how the company was monopolizing the market and I went back to apologize.
This apparently was not what I was supposed to do, someone else comes back at me and goes off because I am now agreeing with what he had said.She goes on for a couple of paragraphs how I am basically bitching in every post, which I wasnt. There are quite a few posts that I was giving information and explaining situations that happened to me that were similar to others.
I flew like glass and basically called her nothing but a shit stirrer. I know that this is really none of yalls concern, I am sure that yall dont care to hear this but I just wondered myself why its so terrible to agree with someone that you once argued with? They are supposed to be a site for recovery, oh yeah i got told to basically shut up and take my Sub and stop griping about it. I wasnt griping, but even if I was who is this person to judge me in my recovery status? I might have gotten a bit snippy at the end, but I am just getting so tired of them flying at me when this subject was over and done with months ago. Me and the guy who isnt OM had came to terms with everything that happened, I apologized and so did he and we left it at that. This person who sniped back at me previously agreed with me when I was jumping down this dude's throat, but when i agree with him its terrible?
How is this site even considered therapeutic? It is supposedly sponsored by naabt.org and when you contact them for their packet of info, they send you a card with the site on it. This other site is not something that I would send anyone to for recovery information especially being that the admin is not even a previous addict. How can you give medical advice if you ha vent even taken the drug?
My doctor told me that it was perfectly fine to take my Suboxone as many times during the day as I wanted, that alot of his patients do that and they find that it helps. She said it was not supposed to be done this way because its considered addictive behavior.....So if you are taking sinus medication, are you only supposed to take tha tonce a day as well? I mean I can see a site like this where the admins and helpers are previous/or in recovery and can give medical advice or information towards the drug because yall have been there or are still there.
I also do apologize however if bringing this up here is upsetting to anyone, or seems completely off the wall.
My husband came home tonight and I was just a mess of tears, not because of them but because I cant stop crying at times. I got this really bad thought before he came home, and he was a few minutes late and I went to crying. I was imaging the worst, and it took me about a hour to get calmed down. Bless his heart, he wanted to watch Desperate Housewives with me. He said once you get settled down, we will turn it on and get all this stuff off your mind.
But yeah I might be in the wrong on some of the posts because I mgiht should have let it go in one ear and out the other, but seriously why do they feel the need to bring up topics that are long over and done with? Why do they think that fussing about the generic price isnt therapeutic but fussing at someone for agreeing with them after they see this person views are? Thanks for listening to me guys, I am really having some trouble right now dealing with some strong emotions and really love that yall are here to listen to me. Thanks so much, I can never say that enough.
I do have the link for this site, ,and imagine OM has posted to this as well. He has to throw his two cents in there when its not even wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?   Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is it not ok for people to release frustrations?
Page 1 of 1