Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where have the people gone?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Where have the people gone? Empty
PostSubject: Where have the people gone?   Where have the people gone? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013, 1:40 pm

Good morning everyone,
I have a few minutes before I start the day. Monday's are always busy days for me. Group for a few hours, getting my son off to work. I know he is old enough to do this on his own, but still I am a mom and will always be a mom. Children grow up, but moms still remain the same. Moms

At times when the forum gets slow I'm sure you ask the question, "Where have the people gone"?
They move on.
When we get a new member to the forum it is usually because they have been reading the forum for awhile learning about Suboxone, addiction and recovery. It gives them time to decided to register and join this little group.
Some of them are contemplating starting Suboxone or some of them may be family members of addicts and need the answer's to some questions.

Whatever the case may be new friendships are formed. Some of those friendships are close ones. I know that I have met some of the greatest people I know here on this forum. Sadly though, most of them have indeed moved on.
Addiction plants itself right smack dab in the middle of your life. Once you become addicted life still goes on around us but somethings are put on hold. Family, business, school etc.

With Suboxone we are able to start managing our addiction to opiates. It doesn't go away but it is managed allowing time for the things that were put on the back burner for so long. Life goes on.
People will always come, but then again they will also go.

That doesn't mean that friendships are broken, just put on the back burner. Any friendship struck will always be remembered as the one that got you through one of the most difficult times in your life.
If you experience the loss of a friend remember, it doesn't mean you are forgotten. You are a memory of someone who did get someone through. Making room for the next person who comes along and needs you.
It is hard, I know. And life goes on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

PostSubject: Re: Where have the people gone?   Where have the people gone? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013, 10:31 pm

I have asked where have the people gone.

I even experienced personally.. Getting close with a member and then having that member stop coming. You know who I'm talking about, Rae.

And she knows too! I let her know lol.

I do know that she is busy with running her business and she has been sick but I miss talking to her.

But I still have you and Ellen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Where have the people gone?   Where have the people gone? EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 8:06 pm

I know, I've experienced it too.

We have to hope that they are still doing well, and that maybe someday they might come back.
Or that they are dealing with life the best they can, and the forum wasn't what they thought they needed. Even if people get hurt by their actions.

Jasmine, your doing great in your recovery. Just remember that. And everything happens for a reason. People come into our lives for a reason. Remember we were shown the Law of Attraction.
We will always be grateful for that. Right?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have the people gone?   Where have the people gone? EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 9:06 pm

Thank you Blue! It means a lot to hear you say that I'm doing great in my recovery.

I was hurt a little when Rae stopped replying and posting. I sent her a message about it. Her and I have been talking and I know she is busy, but I have a feeling she will be here a bit more often now. Smile

You're right though I will always be grateful for everything that Rae taught me, the law of attraction and a few other things. Rae was the main reason why I posted my first post!
She had been posting for a couple weeks and I had been reading, keeping up with her story, praying for her and hoping she would be able to be strong and start we recovery. Even though I had already been on suboxone for a little while, I was shy and sort of afraid to post. But Rae and her strength and courage gave me the courage to introduce myself and post my story.
Although it took me about another week before I had the guts to post to Rae and tell her that I was reading her story and that I was proud of her.

I do believe that everything happens for a reason. And I believe that the bonds between all of us. Blue, Dee and Rae are stronger than some may think. People think that because we haven't met that we can't be close or even be good friends. Well I know from experience that they are wrong!
The bond between us grows stronger the more we post, talk to each other, and email each other. I feel like I can tell you ladies anything and I know what should stay private will stay private.

Rae may have gotten busy and left the forum for a while. But I know she hasn't forgotten any of us and never will. I like to believe that she reads to see how we are doing and just doesn't have time to post. I talked to her today and I know that she is doing ok, hanging in there.

Maybe support from this forum isn't the right kind of support that people need. Maybe some people need support face to face. And I support their decisions if that is what they choose.
I know that support from you ladies, my fiancé, my few close family member and my therapist is exactly what I need! And I love you all for being here! And I will be here as long as you need me to be!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where have the people gone?   Where have the people gone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where have the people gone?
Page 1 of 1