Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jessica_d

jessica_d

Female
Number of posts : 34
Humor : 'every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal!"
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong! Empty
PostSubject: Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!   Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong! EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

Hi all!

Do any of the old-school members remember me? Beth? Dee? The beautiful Barbara Rue? I'm so, so sorry for disappearing. That was selfish of me. And looking at it- I am ashamed because you guys deserve so much credit for changing my life.

And to everyone else, hello! My name is Jessica. I logged on here for the first time almost 4 years ago (in 2009). And it is no exaggeration to say that the support and love that I received from the amazing, beautiful people here saved my life.

I don't want to go into gruesome detail but I was on a heavy dose of Methadone and switched to Suboxone. It was very hard. I am still on suboxone today (I was hoping to be off by now, but I am taking it one day at a time).

For those of you who do remember me here is an update---I have been sober since July of 2009 however I did relapse once in December 2009. Aside from that I have been living life to the fullest! I graduated college with 2 AA degrees (in social sciences and business) and I am transferring to a State University in the fall to pursue a b.s. in Business with a concentration in Finance. I still work for the same company but since my last time talking with you I was promoted to a supervisor. Never thought that would happen! And I am still going strong with my boyfriend, Matt (the same guy who I was with when my journey began). We will celebrate our 5 year anniversary in May and we share a beautiful home together.

Don't get me wrong, I have had my struggles. But in comparison to the misery I was living in when I first logged on here...it's night and day.

So, enough about me..how are you guys doing?!

I love you Jessica I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessicariffic
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!   Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong! EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 7:02 pm

Hello Jessica and welcome (back) to the forum,

I suppose a lot has changed here. While Dee is still here, the others you mentioned do not post much at all, and as far as me, well, I have been here for over a year (I'm Blue BTW, I'm the forum moderator) .

We have quite a few new members who are awesome !!!
We do live chats twice a week (Tues and Thurs 7:30pm EST) and are a real tight group.
I hope you stick around and meet everyone !
Congratulations on all that you have accomplished in the 4 years since you've been on Suboxone.
What dose are you on now? What dose did you start at?

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Blue
Back to top Go down
jessica_d

jessica_d

Female

PostSubject: Re: Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!   Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong! EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 8:09 pm

Hi Blue!!! So nice to meet you.

So have you heard from Beth at all in recent times? Her username was bfye I believe..

And yes! I will have to join in on a chat very soon! I've been going and going (super busy, work full time and school full time) but sometimes I need to slow down and connect with people who understand my situation and vice versa. I will try for Thursday! It's 7:30 Eastern which would mean 4:30 here..I work up until that point. How long are you guys usually on? I am home by 5:30 and could log on then..

Thanks for your reply Smile And I am on 8 mgs now (I know, sort of high after 4 years. And I actually take generic Buprenorphine..it is all that I can afford). And I started at 16 mgs (which they raised to 24 mgs when I relapsed..now I know that was almost an unnecessarily high dose).

What about you? Are you still taking the medication or have you tapered off?

Talk to you soon Razz

Jessica
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!   Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong! EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 8:27 pm

I believe Beth has posted sort of recently, search her name and look into that

I am currently on 5mg. I started on 16mg 13 months ago.

We have chat starting in 5 min. sometimes we chat for an hour and a half, it depends on the people.

But I definitely look forward to hearing more from you!!

Hugs,
Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!   Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong! EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 5:34 pm

Hey Jess, welcome back. Great to see you.
I see by your post that you are doing great and I am so happy for you. It has been a very long time.
I see you have met our moderator Blue. She's a great lady and as you can see she has done a wonderful job helping our members.

Barbara hasn't been here in such a long while. She does pop in from time to time and I get an email every now and then. As far as I know she is doing okay.
Beth also isn't here. She left some time ago to try and get back into the swing of going back to school. As Blue mentioned she did post a little while back but nothing lately.

I don't know if you saw the post or not but Deborah is also no longer here. She passed away last May from complications after surgery.
As you can see I am still here. Honestly if it weren't for having Blue here to help out as much as she does, I probably would have left as well.
Congratulations on everything! you have done so well and I for one am so proud of you. I remember back when you first got here, right after the forum opened. Now look at you. Be proud
It would be good to see you at chat on Thursday. We do start at 7:30 but like Blue said depending on how many people turn out we may run over a bit. There have been a few times that we have been chatting at 9:00 so stop by and see if anyone is still on. You would be most welcome.
It is good to have you back!
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
jessica_d

jessica_d

Female

PostSubject: Re: Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!   Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong! EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 7:52 pm

HII my lovely, amazing Dee!

I am so glad to hear from you! How have you been?!?!

The news about Deborah is very saddening. I read your reply yesterday and have been thinking about it non-stop. Poor, sweet Deb. Sad She was a beautiful woman in every way and I am grateful to her for all that she has done! I wish I could have known her more..

I hope Beth is doing okay. It's easy to assume the worse when you don't hear from people.. but I do believe in her! And have faith that she is on top of the world. Being in school is a great tool in recovery. It is uplifting and also keeps you busy. I know it has helped me tremendously.

And I was very excited to have met Blue. And grateful that she came along at the right time and gave this forum the love it needed Smile

I also wanted to let you guys know I won't be on the chat today. I am on the computer now but as soon as I clock out at 4:30 (7:30 et) I am heading home with a million things to do. My dad is getting married to his girlfriend of 8 years this coming Monday in the beautiful Lake Tahoe, CA. So it's a very busy and exciting time for the family and I!

I will shoot for next tuesday!!!

Love,
Jessica

Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!   Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong! EmptyMon 01 Apr 2013, 8:41 pm

Hi Jessica,
Just wanted to touch base with you since you haven't been around.
hope you can make it to chat this week, it would be nice for the newer members to meet someone thats been on Suboxone for a while.

You can inspire alot of people I'm sure.

How was your Dad's wedding ? Hope it went well.

Hope to hear back from you

Blue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!   Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong! Empty

Back to top Go down

Almost 4 Years..and Going Strong!
Page 1 of 1