Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 weeks today!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy45806

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-08-06

2 weeks today!! Empty
PostSubject: 2 weeks today!!   2 weeks today!! EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012, 9:43 pm

I wanted to start a new thread. I made it to 2 weeks today!!! God does it feel good to say that. 2 whole weeks. I feel great and have done more even in the last week than I have in the last year. I am starting to feel things again. I have been to a few meetings and started the 12-step program. I feel i get so much support here. I am so excited to log in to see whos checking on me. I did quit my job at the drug store today. I have been there little over a year. I cant continue to work there and have people offer to sell me pills. I felt terrible quitting but I know today is a big fill day for a few of my EX-FRIENDS. I did find another job already. Its just a stepping stone til I am strong enough to get back into my field. I have a degree in social work and I am shooting for my BA in alcohol/drug counseling. My counselor now has never had an addiction. In my opinion, it means alot more when you can say, I have been in your shoes. I am so greatful for the friends I have met on this site. My husband and I are working things out and my son tells me everyday how proud of me that he is. Im eating and sleeping good. I am trying to think of things to say to let everyone know how good I feel and if you are reading this and trying to make the jump..leap its so worth it. I am me again and I dont need anti-depressants or anxiety medicine or vicodin to make it through the day. I am not say in 6 months I wont need anxiety r anti-depressants but with the grace of god and my support from my friends I can say at this minute, I wont need vicodin again. I know 6 months is a long time away but right now, I am focusing on me and today. Tomorrow is along time away, I will deal with it when it gets here. Sorry I wrote a book, hope all you guys have a great evening and hope to hear from you soon. Luv ya all, Tammy
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

2 weeks today!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks today!!   2 weeks today!! EmptySat 25 Aug 2012, 7:12 am

Tammy,

YEA for 2 weeks. I can remember well how that felt, and let me say, you will feel the same at 6 months, and a year , I know it.

This is a great thread, and I am so proud of you !!

AWESOME ! cheers
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

2 weeks today!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks today!!   2 weeks today!! EmptySat 25 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

Congratulations Tammy,
I am happy for and very proud of you. When you you have to go back to see your provider? When you walk in that door hold your head up high and know that you are doing well in your recovery.

Stay with the meetings and continue to share your experience. Every time you share you are helping someone else. Have a great weekend!
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Tammy45806

Female

2 weeks today!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks today!!   2 weeks today!! EmptySat 25 Aug 2012, 11:07 pm

Thanks girls for the posts!!! I am sitting here watching the race..Edwards is so cute. I had a great day, even an afternoon nap with my dog. Can you guys please be at the chat on Monday, right? I have a few questions for you guys and need your opinion. I am heading to bed to start another day in my cool life..lol. I think I am the only one that guards this site and stays up late. If ur ever up late and wanna chat, send me a messge. Monica, I miss talking to ya. You can call me tomorrow. I know you have a busy life with kids and all. I dont wanna bug you. Talk to you guys later!!! Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven Cool
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

2 weeks today!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks today!!   2 weeks today!! EmptySun 26 Aug 2012, 9:36 am

Hi Tammy,

I'm so glad your enjoying your cool life !!

We will be there Monday for chat. (our chats are scheduled for Monday and Thursday).

I miss Monica too Crying or Very sad
Hope to see her in chat on Monday

Enjoy your day girl !
Back to top Go down
Tammy45806

Female

2 weeks today!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks today!!   2 weeks today!! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 11:06 am

K girls I need your opinion. CVS is begging to me go back to work. Im not 100% sure about this new job. I have to work, cant afford to stay home. How do I handle it? I really love my job at CVS but have my reasons for not being there. I tried talking to my husband about it but he says its up to you. What do I do? Other than being a wreck over the first big deciosion in my sobriety I am doing good. The old me would of just shoved it off and moved on, I actually love the girls at work and cry when I hear their voicemails lol. Hopefully, I see u guys tonight at the chat. I have 12 step meeting at 5-7 so I will hurry home for our chat. Thanks for listening, I feel like Im going insane. This is kinda the first crisis I have had since I been sober...something new to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Nature Lover

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-08-19

2 weeks today!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks today!!   2 weeks today!! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 4:37 pm

Let me be the first to say that you have proven to be so strong...you have changed your life, your circle of friends, your job, your schedule so that you can be on chat when it is scheduled, you are driving to another city to attend a 12 step you feel comfortable in...you are taking your recovery by the horns and showing it who is boss. Are you worried about CVS because of the pills, or the schedule conflicts? Will they give you some time to think about it? You sound very frantic, as to be expected, you have been through some big changes. I do not know a lot about recovery, but I do know that making decisions when you in a panic can sometimes backfire. Do you like going for walks? Have anything that you do that makes you feel calm when you are done? For me, it's a walk with my dog. If I have a lot on my mind, I will take a nice long walk in the woods, and I am often so calm when I am done that decisions seem so much clearer; easier to make. That's the best advice I have. Also, I do not know if I would be able to work around pills. I don't know that I could, don't know that I couldn't. I have yet to feel as great as you have, I am sure my day will come. However, is that good feeling strong enough to get you through a busy day? I just don't know. Plus you add in the factor that it's money you will be making and I can see you are left with a really big decision. I wish for you calmness and clarity!
Back to top Go down
http://tommye.l.ham@wmich.edu
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

2 weeks today!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks today!!   2 weeks today!! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 7:21 pm

Hey Very Happy

Well, Nature made some real good points and suggestions.

I'll just add, the question again, is it the pills your worried about?
Believe it or not, I use the same CVS pharmacy to get my Suboxone that I use to use to get my DOC (Drug of choice) and, honestly I don't even think about the pills. I love how all the pharmacists ask how I'm doing, and they all seem genuinely happy to see me off those horrible pills and on Suboxone. When I use to go there, I'd be sick and in withdrawal, and I'd ALWAYS wait for my script to be ready. Now, I drop my script off and I forget to go back to pick up !!!

I'm a different person, and Tammy, I think you are too, even after 17 days !

Go for it ! Go back to work !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 weeks today!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks today!!   2 weeks today!! Empty

Back to top Go down

2 weeks today!!
Page 1 of 1