Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feeling after 3 weeks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tthibeault

tthibeault

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Feeling after 3 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 10:36 am

Good Morning,

This is my thrid week on Suboxone and honestly I feel great as far as not having cravings. However I have lost all my friends (my own choice, thought it was best) and just seem so much more depressed then ever. I have struggled with bio polar disorder and anxiety most of my life and the first week with no friends I thought it was great, no phone calls , no text messages, no drama just great. Now I just am feeling so alone and down and cranky at times. Of course it doesnt help that I still have no money it seems like I was happy using and always managed to have money for another pill. I know it takes time and I didnt expect results right away but I guess I just need some encouragement. I also was suppose to find a counselor and have not done that yet so I guess maybe its time to start looking. I felt so strong 3 weeks ago and now I just feel so weak and like Im just existing now and not living. Is this normal?
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sparkles

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 12:54 pm

I think it is normal.. I kinda felt the same friend-wise.. I mean I live with my boyfriend so I always had him but I can relate to the friend thing. Believe it or not you will see soon that it is a good thing. Take this time to work on you and if you can meet new people who dont use then great but you need this time for yourself I believe. NA meetings are great in a social aspect, there are some great people there (at least in my area). I wish you luck in your recovery and just try to remember that everything will get better, you're at the very beginning and it takes time to get used to living different. This site is great to talk to people and get info so please stick around, even if you just read others posts...you're never alone.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 10:46 pm

Sparkles has given you some great advice. Giving up friendships aren't easy, not at all. But you have to take a good look at those friendships. What kind were they? Were they people who you could just call up on the spur of the moment and talk to or were they hook ups?

I've met some great people on this forum and at times they've been my lifeline. If you need help locating a counselor I'd be happy to help you with that.
I do hope you will stick around. It does get better and you are much stronger that you may think right now.
Are you on any kind of medication that can help with the other issues that you have? Please don't waste anytime on the counselor. It helps.
Keeping you in my thoughts,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
tthibeault

tthibeault

Female

PostSubject: Re: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 8:14 am

Thank you both. I actually scheduled an appt today for a counselor after researching for awhile. He is not a drug and alcohol counselor but I think my issues are more what cause me to want to use. I need to get a grip on just deeling with stress and the things that trigger my drug use. I saw the doctor yesterday and he was very proud of how good I have done and how well I have handled the change in my life without the drugs. I know in my heart that getting rid of those people I called friends is a good thing but it is just weird all the same.

Dee- Yes I also take prozac and klonopin for the bipolar and anxiety issues. Those are prescribed through my PCP and I actually meet with him on Tuesday of next week so maybe after talking with him he might make some changes or adjustments there as well. I feel like I am spending a fortune on all these doctors and medications and still just miserable at times. Its very frustrating.

Thanks for listening and just letting me ramble on.
Back to top Go down
Sparkles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 6:15 pm

It is weird, only because that was your life. Its not easy when it feels like you gotta give up your life. I know soon you'll see how much better your new life is.. it just takes time. The counselor is a great thing to have, thats someone you can talk to about all this and it will help no matter what kind of counselor it is. NA is def. worth a shot.. Everyone there has been where you are or have been or similar. I know some NA people are against the use of Suboxone but its def. not something you have to put out there either. The good/caring people in NA wont be bothered one bit by it though. I go to NA and nobody looks at me any different because I choose to remain on Subs. I just dont want you to give up because I know how much better everything will get for you because ive been there, its just gonna take time.. Its a new life, you gotta learn to live it. Theres good people out there and theres bad, you've surrounded yourself with all the bad, now you gotta switch it up. You have alot to offer people with your experiences in life, you're alot wiser then most because of where you have been, use that. Now you can finally REALLY enjoy life, you dont have to feel like you're in prison anymore lol, Thats the way I described what it was like when I used because everything revolved around pills and running out and getting more, I really felt like my life was a prison.. Besides a few issues im having with myself right now though, Im FREE from that prison and I love it. Thanks for letting me ramble on lol.. Good Luck & I know soon you will be doing much better with all this.. just give it some time and enjoy EVERYTHING now.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 4:39 pm

If yo don't have health insurance and are having to pay for your Suboxone out of pocket, the makers of Suboxone still have the Patient Assistance Program that you can apply for through your provider. If you would like the information, let me know. I'd be happy to send it to you.
Also there is a $50.00 pharmacy card that you can use once a month towards the purchase of your medication. If you want to print out that card here is the link:
Click here for the card
Keep us posted, your doing such a great job!
Dee
Back to top Go down
tthibeault

tthibeault

Female

PostSubject: Re: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks EmptyWed 11 Apr 2012, 8:38 am

I do have insurance but thank you for the info. Also just want to say that this is week 4 and I am finally starting to feel normal. Well maybe not normal as I have never really been normal! lol! But I feel like myself again! Things are starting to look up and I feel more positive and happy! I have gotten some more responsibilities at work and even applied for a promotion. Even if I dont get it I feel its a good time to go for it!

Thanks again for your support!
Teri
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks EmptyWed 11 Apr 2012, 6:16 pm

Now that's some good news! Good luck on the promotion. I'm pulling for you. Sounds like your right on track and you do sound so much happier.
sunny
Back to top Go down
Sparkles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

Hate to say it but... Told you so!!! I knew u would start doin better soon, just takes some time to get used to it a little bit and things will get even better as time goes on, you're still right at the beginning. Im so happy for you though and im happy that you're more happy for you!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeling after 3 weeks   Feeling after 3 weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeling after 3 weeks
Page 1 of 1