Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A message from our new member jkdims

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

A message from our new member jkdims Empty
PostSubject: A message from our new member jkdims   A message from our new member jkdims EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm

Good afternoon everyone!
Our new member jkdims has posted on the chat the other night. Since then I have talked to them through a pm and offered to post their questions on the forum so they could get some feedback.
I am hoping they are able to feel comfortable posting back on some feedback is offered. being new can sometimes be overwhelming and kind of scary and it can take some time to gain enough confidence to talk to more than one person about what is bothering you. I am hoping that jkdims will soon feel comfortable enough to post once they get used to the forum.

From Jkdims:
hi everyone! I'm new here and really could use some good advice and support!!
I've been on Suboxone program for 1yr, 2mo this time; And my doctor it seems is only concerned with the $$. Anyway, he's tapered me down from 2/day to 1/day; my next appt. is this tues and the nurse hinted last time they were cutting me down even more this month. How long can someone be on Suboxone?
@ my very first visit to this Dr. he told me that since I also have ADHD; He has noticed most of people with that need to stay on Sub for the rest of life or very long term... Now idk what to do, he said @ my Apr visit that I'll only have to be on it for 6 more months tops!
There is no way I'll be able to function and be sober without sub.
To make things worse, my "boyfriend" (who is 64btw)I'm 29/he says he's sick of having to pay for my Dr. visits and that sub isn't doing anything for me, it's just trading 1 addiction for another... I have Medicaid so it pays for my meds.
I guess let me start from the beginning, he (Mike) saved me from a really abusive relationship where I was shooting meth, heroin, etc and I hooked up with the dealer who turned out to be my worst nightmare. Mike was my landlord@ that time; anyway he told me come stay at his house in the country where nobody could find me (the dealer had already kicked in my door and threatened my life so I didn't feel safe in my apt)

When I asked if I could post her story here on the forum she told me that yes she did want that. She doesn't have any family left and is grieving the loss of her mom, grandmother and other family members that she has lost over the last 5 years.
"yes, please post it for me, I could and will take all of the advice and support I can get. I already feel better since joining this site.. just to know there are people who care about me and don't even know me more than the people in my life who supposed to care... I am now searching for a new doctor. This last appointment (Tuesday) he would even speak to me other than to tell me I'm trying to manipulate him and he's not going to keep treating me anyway. I just feel like it's all about the $$ for most of these doctors.. from my experience anyway... I got a list of 10 doctors in my area. But I've got to find one who will take my Medicaid or cheaper, please post all of my messages. I still haven't figured out how to do it myself yet. God bless!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: A message from our new member jkdims   A message from our new member jkdims EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

UGHGHGHGH I just typed a whole message and lost my internet ! ARGGGG !!!!!

I'll try again !

Hello Jkdims and welcome to our forum !

There is no set time a patient can or will be on Suboxone. That's the beauty of it !
We can be on it as long as we need to be.

I'm confussed about your Dr. You said you were on it for over a year now? But now, he's wanting you off?
How much does he cut your dose when he does?

I've been on it for 7 months now and I can't see myself getting off anytime soon.

I'm sorry that your boyfriend is giving you a hard time. Maybe you could explain it by printing out something from our web site.
He certainly saved you though, and I'm sure your grateful for that.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: A message from our new member jkdims   A message from our new member jkdims EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 8:58 pm

Hey jkdims. I sent you a pm with a little of my story b/c yours reminded me so much of what I've been through. I'm tapering my dose down, but it's by my own choice. I go down 1 strip a month and I haven't had any problems. That said there is no set guideline for how long a patient should be on suboxone. I'm lucky I have a wonderful dr who is a recovering addict that was successfully treated with sub and tapered off successfully. He makes suggestions, but I'm always in control of my treatment.

As for the boyfriend, I agree with blue eyes try to print him out some info or even take him to a meeting. Most providers either offer or can tell you where you can find meetings that include family members, maybe seeing that you're not the only person struggling with this could help him understand. If nothing else let him read some of the posts on here. Suboxone doesn't get you high. It's specifically made not to. It is an opiate but its a class of opiate designed not to cause euphoria. Essentially it tricks the receptors in your brain to eliminate the physical symptoms of withdrawal. Recovery from addiction is a journey, not a destination and everyone's journey is different, but what doesn't change is the nature of addiction. It destroys people and families, even whole communities. Let him meet some people who are getting their lives back. My dad thought the same thing, but now he sees that I'm different so maybe time will help him understand. I know that it may hurt to think about it, but if he can't or won't understand the difference in you using suboxone as a tool for your recovery and your active addiction you may have to move on as a last resort. My husband and I separated for a while until he realized he had a problem separate from mine and got into treatment too. And I still have to keep my distance from my mother because she is in active addiction and wants her using buddy back (me). It hurts but sometimes if people can't become part of the solution they are part of the problem.

Much love and you're in my prayers,
Monica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A message from our new member jkdims   A message from our new member jkdims Empty

Back to top Go down

A message from our new member jkdims
Page 1 of 1