Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Family matters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Family matters Empty
PostSubject: Family matters   Family matters EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 11:46 pm

I\I'm so glad this section is here. I don't have anyone to talk this over with. My Mom has developed dementia and we can't talk the way we use to. I'm mainly upset with my nieces. When it's their birthdays are near, they call or come over, but as far as anything else going on in their lives, I don't see or hear from them. One of them got married and I didn't know until this seek...her mother didn't either for that matter. I'm just sick of getting my feelings hurt because of them. If it wasn't for my Mom and paying for this place, I'd move off and never contact any of my family. I'd cry about it if I didn't know it would make me sick and with my liver condition, I can't afford to get sick. I had to cry softly about Deborah, but I felt her quiet me and tell me not to cry because she is now without pain and in good health. Some ways I wish I was with her. I'm going to do my best to help other people who need help with their addition to opiates.
If anyone is having problems with their family, lets talk about it. When you talk about it, it becomes not so hurtful.
Yours in the struggle,
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Rue on Wed 23 May 2012, 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

Family matters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family matters   Family matters EmptyThu 24 May 2012, 5:45 am

Hi Barbara,

I can relate to the family issues. I basically havent spoke to any of my sisters or my brother in a long time. Years for some.
I got tired of constantly being the one trying to keep this family together. No one seemed interested in seeing each other and came up with lame excuses. This all happened while i was in active addiction.
I had had enough and stopped trying. I had two family member that I told I was starting Suboxone, one contacted me the first day and basically made it sound like I didnt know what I was doing and it's not going to work. The other is still actively using and tells me she's clean. Because that's what I want to hear. I've seen neither in months.

On one hand it's really sad. But on the other, I am in recovery, I have to think about myself right now.

I know I should be in therapy other than my Suboxone Dr. But I havent done it yet. I got some resistance from my husband. I didnt persue it.

Thanks for bringing this up Barbara. I hope today is a good day for you.

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Family matters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family matters   Family matters EmptyFri 25 May 2012, 8:15 pm

Barbara,
Don't let the actions of your neices get you down. They are still so young and have so much to learn. We can try and guide them but in the end it is their decision. Hopefully they will come around and realize how precious it is to have family.
What I wouldn't give to have my mother with me again. I lost her when I was 17. I didn't know her very well even then as she was always very ill and in bed. Daddy kept her away from us so we would not disturb her.

You have been an inspiration to many people. Just remember the ones you have been able to help and move on from there.
And your right, you do have to think about you right now, taking care of your mom can't be easy I know. Maybe it's time to took a few days off for yourself. What about your brother, can he take up for a few days so you can take some time?
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Family matters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family matters   Family matters EmptySat 26 May 2012, 12:37 pm

Hey, your healing is on the inside...this is where the psyic people are going to go. You can save a lot in gas money if you cap tap into the happy parts of recovery. I get it more often now and it's like a cool shower. Then times are rough and impossible to get over. It goes away anyway and then there's another jerk down the road we have to smile at in order to have our own peace. My Mom's looking at me for some lunch. Try to behave and be good to yourselves.
Yours in the struggle, Barbara
I'll be watching and waiting to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Family matters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family matters   Family matters EmptySat 26 May 2012, 12:39 pm

Hi Dee,
I'm in a big hurry to ta hi and I love you. Got Mom to feed and other stuff. I'll be back.
Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Family matters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family matters   Family matters Empty

Back to top Go down

Family matters
Page 1 of 1