Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Luck Marie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 10:05 am

Good Luck Marie Stroll10

Good morning Marie,
I wanted to stop in real quick this morning and wish you good luck today at your appointment with the newest provider. I hope everything goes well for you.
If you have anymore questions for her be sure to write them down and take them with you. You might want to ask her if she imposes a time limit on her Suboxone patients.
Just so there are no surprises later on down the road. If she is as good as she sounds, she should have no problems in leaving that decision up to the patients or a joint decision.
At any rate, good luck. I'll be waiting to hear all about it.
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 1:27 pm

Thanks Dee,
I'm dressed and ready to go. I'm a wreck....

I'm praying this is going to work out especially the meds. If all goes well I'll probably need to sleep from all this stress.
Better yet,I'd love to do something fun and not think about this. Slim chance of that though.

You'll be the first to know how it goes.
Please keep me in your prayers.

Love,
Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 4:20 pm

It's ok Marie,
Your going to do fine. I know you are. Take a deep breath and remember, you are the patient and you choose who your provider will be. That puts you in the driver seat.
I'll be waiting to hear back from you.
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 6:41 pm

OMG,you will not believe the nightmare I just went thru.
I went to the office of a new Dr. and waited b/c she was not there. I called her and she said she thought I cancelled my appt. She'd be right over. She comes and a few other ppl come in as well.
I give her 200.00. She tells me she has NO receipts. After waiting 2 hours I thought I could trust her. Right.
I went to the Pharmacy and they said the Dr. had been sanctioned. I didn't know what that meant and neither did the Pharmist.

I come home and call the Ins. and they tell me she is under investigation and will not cover my meds. She is red flagged.

I can not even believe this.

I'm trying to call her back. I want my money back.

Now,I have a appt. with the quack that put everyone back a week for tomorrow. I don't know if he will keep me since I've seen other Dr.'s. He will take my Ins. and that "might" buy me some time to find someone else. Or he might tell me to take a hike. I could tell him my reasons for trying to find another Dr. but I'm not sure what he will do.

I had to buy a few strips. Once again spending money that I don't have.

Any suggestions?

Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 8:56 pm

What!!!!???? Shocked

Wow! I'm speechless. You could have got better service from a crack dealer on the street. Please PM me her name. I just want to run a check on her and see what she is under investigation for. It should be easy to find. City and Name is all. I promise not to do anything else with it. But she does need to be turned in.
No receipts? Why not. She is in business isn't she. I thought her calling and talking to you personally was because she was a good decent caring doctor. Not because she was not on the up and up.
She may still be, but who knows?

When you see the other doctor tomorrow. If he brings anything up about you seeing the other doctors, tell him the truth. Tell him honestly why. Let him know about what the nurse or office staff person said to you about not being able to help you AFTER he himself told you to take extra medication.
Let him know that your recovery is the most important thing to you and you did not want to be face with withdrawal or having to buy off the streets.

When you went to these other doctors did they send for your records? I doubt the woman did maybe but maybe not. Did you sign a release for your records with either one of them?

I think in order for you to get your money back is going to be hard. We can try to put our heads together. The AMA needs to know what she is doing though.
I am sending you many prayers tonight Marie. I wish I could be there, I really do.
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

Dee,she never asked about my records. She didn't give me a UA,didn't even take my blood pressure. She didn't even ask for my SS to check out where I've gotten meds from any or other Dr.'s.

I'm just shocked.... Evil or Very Mad

You right,I could have done just as good as getting drugs off the streets.

I have full intentions of telling the Dr. tomorrow everything if need be. If he doesn't know about it this month there is a good chance he will next month.

If I can just get enough meds for the month it will give me more time to look AGAIN for a Dr. that will take my Ins. Often,it takes a couple of weeks to get into some of them. That would give me that time if needed.
I'd love to go in there and tell him straight up but I'm not sure how that would go. i will indeed if he ask me.

I'd like to believe I would have received a letter or phone call if he knew.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only pt. that had problems this month with him putting so many off a week. Either he is trying to clean out his pt. load or testing us. I don't know.

The first time I tried to get cleaned,years ago,it was a good thing and ppl were willing to help. If they were in that field.

The Ins. did tell me she may just be under investigiation with only Humana. Maybe that's why she doesn't have a Medicare number. Maybe she lost it.

I don't know how much more stress I can take with this.

Love
Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011, 9:52 am

Good Luck Marie Blk_110

Good morning,
How are you this morning? We have wonderful sunshine at last. Smile WE have seen a lot of cold days this year and hopefully we are not on our way to a really late Spring or beautiful Summer. One or the other I don't care. I love the sunshine and will take it when I can get it.

I have a lot of things to say about the doctor you saw yesterday and the way she does things but today is an important day for you and I don't want to start it out by reminding you of something that you"ll not soon forget. We can talk about her later.

What time is your appointment today? I do agree with you that your current doctor probably did change a lot of people around with the moving of appointments thing, but a test? That wouldn't be ethical. You cannot test patients by denying them of their life saving medication. When I say lifesaving I mean that when you take a medication that is designed to help people manage their addiction to opiates away from a patient after telling them to go ahead and take extra if you need to, and leave nothing to back it up. You are placing them at risk of a relapse in return placing them at risk of using.
When people who take opiates don't take them for periods of time their tolerance goes down. A lot of people who use don't realize that so when they use they think they can use the same amount as before therefore putting themselves at risk of overdosing.
It scares me to think about it.

Take a little time to relax before your appointment. Is there a park nearby that you enjoy so you can go for a walk, or even take a long scented bubble bath with some soft music to relax. It's important and healthy to try and keep your stress level down.
I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011, 11:48 am

Good Luck Marie Blue_p12

Oh Marie... I don't even know what to say. Or rather say first for that matter! It sounds to me like this woman is an outright crook!!! Evil or Very Mad It makes me sick to my stomach to read your post about what happened at your appointment & very mad!! What about a doctors oath to "do no harm" to their patients? I agree with the above statements about you getting better treatment from the corner crack dealer than what you received from this "doctor!" My personal opinion is that she has no receipts BC she is not claiming that upfront money to the IRS- just cash in her pocket. Thank YOU very much for making her $200 richer!! (that was dripping with angry sarcasm!) I'm sorry to say that I have no clue how you could go about getting that money back from her or your insurance company. I am hoping that Dee has some ideas up her sleeve about that part of it BC this woman seemed to just completely scam you! She really does need to be reported, but it sounds as if she already has been & obviously more than once if she is sanctioned with that red flag! No I called my own pharmacy this morning & asked them what it meant when a doctor was sanctioned & red flagged. My pharmacist told me that it's basically the very same as a patient being red flagged for various reasons such as, doctor shopping, prescription fraud, etc. But with her being the doctor, it means that she has been reported for inappropriate practices before & is more than likely being watched by the DEA for her actions. It sounds as if by being sanctioned that means that they took away her privileges to even prescribe to patients any longer or at least for the time being. That is the information that I have obtained by my pharmacy, but I also want to let you know that they were surprised that she was still even able to practice or even see patients while under these restrictions. Then I got even more confused BC why would she be able to see other patients who are NOT on Humana, but cannot see those who are? It sounds as if she is trying to run a strictly cash basis type of operation to bypass the "red" tape. Almost trying to get around the sanctions that have been placed upon her. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up in some serious legal trouble if she continues on practicing in this fashion. I know that I have mentioned this to you before, but I have been through the mill with trying to locate a good provider & this reminds me of one that I saw that I went in & paid for my visit, talked to the doctor for all of about 5 minutes (tops!) & then he prescribed me the Suboxone, Valium & Zoloft with NO questions asked except what milligrams I needed for these scripts. I basically could've written the scripts myself as he didn't tell me what he thought that I needed, but asked what I wanted. Suspect I left his office & went to the pharmacy to fill them only to find out that he had NO IDEA that he had to have a seperate DEA # & certification to even be able to write the prescription for the Suboxone. Another doctor who was happy to take my money, but not even being able to fill the script!! I truly DO understand the frustration that you are going through & it makes me so angry that I felt like hitting the wall & then curling up in a little ball to cry it out! Sad As you said, they have NO problems writing the prescriptions for the narcotics & the insurance companies have NO problem in paying for them either, but when you decide that you want to go into recovery- they make you jump through hoops, with cash in hand, to try to obtain that type of help! It is not even close to being morally right! Of course there are good providers out there, but like you, I have had the hardest time trying to locate that good one! Throughout 3 years of attempting to locate a good provider, I have only found one who actually seemed to care & now he has moved away. I tried for a year to continue to see him, but he is now 4 hours away from my home, thus making it an 8 hour drive for an appointment & it made it very difficult to see him, especially throughout the winter months. We decided that I needed to find a Provider closer to home in case I needed his help more often & to be monitored more closely. I think that the practice that he joined was opposed to him not being able to keep a better eye on me as well as he is one of only two doctors in that area that actually are certified to write the Suboxone & he had patients scheduled out for several months trying to get in to see him. Anyways, sorry about that, I just was reminded of previous providers that I have seen & have been completely disappointed by doing so. And now I am on the hunt for yet another new provider & am dreading the process of starting over once again! All I can keep in mind is that if we want it badly enough, we will get to where we need to be through our own persistence. But enough about yesterday for the time being as you have today to go try again! I pray that this doctor will be able to actually help you out & be someone that you are able to rely on through the good times & bad! Now, just to make sure, is this the same doctor that had your script ready for you the last time before you even saw him & it was not enough to cover you throughout the month, despite him telling you that you could take more, but never made the notation & would not get you the rest of the amount that you needed for the month? If so, I know that he left a bad taste in your mouth from your previous experience with him, but hopefully when you are able to see him face to face, you could try to explain your situation to him & maybe, just maybe, he will actually hear you! I am sure that you are very stressed right about now & I encourage you to write down anything that you want to bring up with him BC sometimes when doctors do see that you have a list of questions, then they will actually take the time to make sure that they DO get answered. Also, that helps when you feel nervous & put on the spot & may possibly forget something that you wanted to say to him or ask him about- you'll then have that piece of paper with YOUR concerns written out & he may take you a bit more seriously. In my own personal opinion, I would try to be as honest as possible with him about why you HAVE been seeking out other doctors, but saying it in a manner of something along the lines of not going in angry for the spot that he left you in this past month, but "how can we fix it this time?" Just so that he doesn't get defensive with you BC you do want him on your side more than anything! If it is not the same doctor, then I still encourage you to have your list along with you for the very same reasons & I would try to be completely honest about what you have been currently enduring with locating a provider & what you have been going through BC of it. I wish you the best of luck today & will continue to keep you in my prayers for a good outcome from a bad situation! Like a Star @ heaven

Please let us know how it all turns out & try to keep as positive of an attitude as possible, as trying as that may be at the moment. I will be looking for your post later on today.

Good luck my friend & chin up! You are doing just what you need to be doing to get to where you want to be & that is staying persistent & remaining on the road to recovery!

Much Strength & Big Hugs,
Beth I love you

**when I went to send this, it notified me that someone else had posted to you while I was writing this out & I see that it was Dee & I completely agree with her response, especially about trying to reduce your stress level before going in for the appointment. Deep breaths & the "Serenity Prayer" usually help me the very most... Good luck my friend!**
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

[b][i]
Beth and Dee,
I've not read your posts yet I wanted to tell you what happened before I get on the phone with the Ins. and totally loose it on them.. Evil or Very Mad

I go to the Dr. and wait and wait. He comes in with no script and closes the door. I knew,he knew. I spilled it all out and begged him to give me another chance. I waited another 45 nin. He comes back and said he will keep me and give me another chance. he wants me in theraphy IMMED. I went to where he wanted me to go to show proof of the appt. and had to bring it back to him.

Get this,he increassed my dose. Which this is what this was all about. He said I should have come to his office. I told him how I've tried to call MANY times. He said next time to come there. I hope there won't be no next time.

So,I go to the Pharmacy knowing this is going to be a fight. And it was. They said i can't go over 90 pills in 23 day period...Say what?????? No

I'm going to get on the phone in a minute but I needed to come tell you what is going on first.
I might have to have another PA since he increased my dose. Whatever the reason when i call I feel bad already for the person that answers at the Ins. Co. I'm so sick of fighting them over the same damn thing over and over with. And what do they mean 23 days. That would leave a entire week out.

At first they told the Pharnacist they filled and paid for the false Dr. yesterday.
Does anybody know how to do there job? GEEZ

Dee please do tell me what you know about the other Dr. I'm trying to get in touch with her now.

I'll be back shortly.

Love
Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:20 pm

Marie,
when an insurance company does a prior authorization the do it for a certain amount of the medication. Some companies have a limit set as to what they will approve.
Mine says they will only fill a 14 day supply at a time at 2 tablets (16mg) per day.
And yours is saying they only pay for a 23 day supply.
What do they mean the pharmacy filled a prescription for a false doctor. The doctor is under investigation but that doesn't mean she is false.
In your defense they need to show or tell you something.

I did go the the Medical Board for your state and checked out the doctor. They don't publish on going investigations only past investigations and those results.
This afternoon I did find another address along with the one you gave me for her with the same phone number though.

That doctor still has her license until April of 2012. I sent you the link to the page in the PM. I didn't want to put her name out here on the site if there was still a chance that you had to have any dealings with her.

Since the insurance company did not in fact pay for that prescription yesterday they should pay for this new one. You still have your cash receipt don't you. When you call see if you can talk to the Prior Authorization Department. That is who I talked to the day that I called. Maybe that will help.
I'm still digging.
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011, 10:20 pm

[b][i]

I guess me saying a False Dr. is not the correct wording. I'm meaning since she is under some sort of investigation and Im calling her false. Wrong choice of words...My Bad Shocked

I did get in touch with her this afternoon. She said she would not mail it to me but I could come to her office on Friday evening and get it. She said she wanted the script back. I told her I paid for a few but the Pharmacy had the script. She said she would call and cancel it. I had already told them to hold it or cancel it but to please be sure it was under "her" name.
I would not want them to accidently put her name on a refill from the Dr. I'm seeing now. He would flip out. So,would I.
She obviously,does not want any paper trail since she doesn't want to mail it back.

Now,this is a one hour drive to get my money back but it's 200.00 so I have to go get it.

The guy from the Ins. Co. told me to bring my receipts to the Pharmacy that I was paying cash for my meds before I was approved and they would give me the money back. They would then file for it. I'm not so sure about that. I'll call in the morning. After today and hanging on the phone with the Ins. for 2 hours this afternoon,I can't think anymore.

I guess I'll be back to going to the Dr. office everyday,AGAIN. To get them for that PA and hopefully they don't deny it. I know I'm making some progress but untill I start seeing some money come back in i'm not going to feel comfortable.
It would be great to be able to go get my meds filled one of these times and have no problem. I look forward to the day that all I have to be concerned about is making my once monthly Dr. appt.

This has been one hell of a ride.....

Thanks for all the time you have spent helping me Dee. You are very much appreciated... Very Happy

Love
Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 1:42 am

Marie,
Please don't think I was talking about you when I said that about the false doctor. I was referring to the insurance company that paid for that Rx.

The insurance company is right about the pharmacy reimbursing you. They can re submit what you have already paid to the insurance company and the insurance company will pay them.
In return the pharmacy can reimburse you.
At least that is how it is here if you pay for a prescription and it is determined the insurance would cover it.

The doctor is covering her butt that's for sure.. All she really has to do is verify with the pharmacy that you did not get the medication. If you think about it, she really doesn't have a record on you. If she didn't get all of your pertinent information she is guilty of that at least.
Suboxone Providers like all other medical doctors have to keep updated records on each and every patient they see. It sounds like she doesn't do that. No wonder she is under investigation.

No thanks needed. I appreciate it. I really haven't done anything. YOUR the one who has done all the leg work here not me. You have shown great strength and determination to keep your recovery. I am very proud of you and you should be too.
Time to call it a night. It's getting late and I hear my pillow calling my name. Sleep
Have a good nite.
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 2:55 am

[b][i]

I was having some trouble sleepin although I'm so tired.
You said something that was such a nice compliment and maybe it's true. I'm not good with taking a compliment.
You said that I've done the work. For me since I've tried to get clean so many times it often came easy for me to get help. I always think of myself as a screw up. I was told it half my life but that's another story. This time I've had to fight for it.
Perhaps this is what i needed to do. It was time for me to fight for myself. Often when things come to easy we tend to not appreciate it as much.

I've made such a mess for so many years trying to get clean. The up and down the vicious fight of fighting for the next pill. At least now I'm fighting for the right reasons now.
God does do things in strange ways.

Last night I felt like I couldn't take anymore. I wrote in my God Box and I felt a feeling of peace. I was going to just really give it uup and let God have His way. I felt calmer about the whole thing this morning. I was weary of what was going to happen but I was ready for whatever the day brought.

Tomorrow I will be seeing a Counselor. Thing is I'll be seeing 2 different ones for the first 2 visits. I think it's going to be more of a Evaluation. The person i want to see will be gone for 2 weeks. I've been putting off going and with this Dr. making m e go is probably just what I need. I know it's what I need.

I'm going to try to get some sleep. I still have some things to do with the Ins. and other things that's needed here. My grandson is coming back tomorrow as well.

You may not have been here physically but knowing you were trying to help me has made things much easier.
Beth this goes for you as well.

Now,if I can get past the Dr.'s front office "bull dogs" to get this PA.

Also,I knew what you meant about the Dr. I just didn't want any Dr. to think I'm attacking another Dr. if one was to come by. Sometimes things don't come out the way I'm trying to say it.

Good Night/Morning.

Beth how are you doing,hun?

Much Love To You Both

Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 6:48 pm

Hey Marie,
How did it go with the counselor? I think it's a good idea for you to get someone that your able to talk to. Not that I don't like having you here and posting about what's going on but I just think it may help if you have someone you can see face to face.
Not letting you off the hook for posting though. Wink

If the bulldogs won't let you through, tell them the doctor himself said that you were to come to the office if you needed anything. See if that lights a fire under them.
It's not that hard to do the PA. Fill out the paperwork and fax it in. That's it. Plain and simple. They have to be able to do simple.
It's time for your fight to come to an end and allow yourself to finally relax and enjoy your life and your recovery.
Time for you.

I've posted a Friday check in, so please go by and give a check in. I'd like to hear about how your grandson is doing as well as your son.
Time to get dinner on so I'll close this up for now.
Take care my friend,
Dee

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Luck Marie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Marie   Good Luck Marie Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Luck Marie
Page 1 of 1