Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Answer Within the Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

The Answer Within the Question Empty
PostSubject: The Answer Within the Question   The Answer Within the Question EmptyFri 29 Apr 2011, 11:27 am

The Answer Within the Question Angels18

Go to your bosom, knock there and
ask your heart what it doth know.

— from Measure for Measure, by William Shakespeare

“I am dating two men who have both proposed to me. Which one should I marry? ” the woman asked Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, author of the classic book, The Power of Positive Thinking.

“Neither,” he answered in his gravelly voice.

“Why do you say that?”

“Because you are not in love with either of them”

“How do you know?”

“If you were, you wouldn’t be asking me whom to marry; your heart would speak to you directly.”

As divine beings, we contain the knowledge of everything that is right for us. At any moment we can turn within for guidance and discover the next step on the path of our highest good. Others may illuminate the way or remind us of what we already know, but they cannot give us something we do not already have. A consultant is someone who borrows your watch to tell you what time it is. The only thing more valuable than a good consultant is the ability to read your own watch.

Experiment with agreeing to only those activities with which your whole heart resonates. To enter into a venture with half a heart will create half a result. If you have doubts, do not try to override them. Lay them out on the table, and look at them in the light. If you sincerely ask for guidance, the doubts will either reveal themselves to be important factors to be dealt with, or they will dissolve and give way to full participation.

Do it with a full spirit, or do not do it at all.

Thank You for placing the seeds of all wisdom within me.
I will look for You in the temple of my own soul.
I turn within for my answers.
I know my highest good.

----------

This meditation is an excerpt from Alan Cohen's meditation book, A Deep Breath of Life.

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The Answer Within the Question   The Answer Within the Question EmptySun 01 May 2011, 8:53 pm

The Answer Within the Question Adbfai10

Thank you Beth! It's good to see you and have you posting. It has been a long time.

Quote :

Experiment with agreeing to only those activities with which your whole heart resonates. To enter into a venture with half a heart will create half a result. If you have doubts, do not try to override them. Lay them out on the table, and look at them in the light. If you sincerely ask for guidance, the doubts will either reveal themselves to be important factors to be dealt with, or they will dissolve and give way to full participation.

I can't tell you how true this rings with me. Too often I agree to do something, not because I really want to but because I feel like I should. I often feel like if I don't I will let someone down. The end result is often that I am miserable and I don't as good a job as I am able. I feel myself just going through the motions. You have reminded me to be more selective in what I do and that it is okay in doing so.
I hope things are well with you.
I posted a check in over under open discussions. If you feel up to it, give an update.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Answer Within the Question   The Answer Within the Question EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 1:50 pm

The Answer Within the Question Th_tha10

Hi Dee-

It was great to begin posting again, as you know what a relief it brings me to "let it all out" so to speak. As you know, yet I have failed in sharing with others here in what has been going on with me & my addiction recently. I really do feel as if I am ready to share & went looking for where you mentioned "Open Discussions" to go ahead & tell about my rollercoaster of a story that has once again occurred. Were you talking about "Suboxone Stories" or am I missing where you were referring to within your above post? If you could let me know, I am more than ready to share what has been occurring within my addiction & am looking for all of the feedback that I can possibly receive from others who have gone through these same type issues that I am enduring or any ideas that have worked for any of you. Please let me know where you would like for me to post these thoughts out & as always, thank you for everything!!

Yours throughout this constant battle of recovery!!
Beth
I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The Answer Within the Question   The Answer Within the Question EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 2:03 pm

Beth, you can really post anywhere that you like. If your going to give a hello and tell us about your weekend and stuff like that, then I would go under the open discussions since that area is mainly for topics involving the lighter subjects.
For your recovery story you can post it under Suboxone stories. I know your recovery is abut more than just Suboxone but it is a total recovery so go ahead and post it there.
Welcome back! You have been missed. Take it slow and you will do fine. No hurry, we aren't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Answer Within the Question   The Answer Within the Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1