Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week 4 and no problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
m36

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Week 4 and no problems Empty
PostSubject: Week 4 and no problems   Week 4 and no problems EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 7:21 am

I just wanted to pass this message on that I am very happy with suboxone. I am on week four and have had no side effects, I really feel normal. I have leveled off at 12mg and that is were I am going to stay. Here in Canada you can not have take homes until the 8th week so I see my phamrmacist each day. So I wait 24 hrs between each dose. Somedays it is longer then 24hrs before I get there and I still have no side effects it seems to last long. I am just concerned about some stories on here about the withdrawl when taken of suboxone. My doctor and I plan on taking me down in the summer. Is it really worse then cold turkey when you detox of oxy's and percs? I have done that mulitply times and it is not fun. Has anyone sucessfully tapered off?
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Week 4 and no problems   Week 4 and no problems EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 3:46 pm

Hi M36, I am glad you stop back here to update us. As for tapering off of Suboxone. You should take these stories with a grain of salt. The people that have camplained about the withdrawal either went too fast on their taper or jump off at too high of a dose. Barbara has taper off. She can give you some advise on that. Your doctor should go with a really slow taper. I heard of people that have come off of Sub. with very little withdrawel but they tapered down to the smallest piece of Sub over a long peroid of time. You need to give your body a chance to adjust with each drop. Once Dee and Barbara see your post they should have more advise for you. I hope your enjoying your week. Hope to talk to you soon.

Cathy Week 4 and no problems Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Week 4 and no problems   Week 4 and no problems EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 10:20 pm

Hi "M"

I stayed on Suboxone for more than three years. I did jump off at one milligram, but it had me in bed for a while and after torment and torture of not even getting dressed, I made it. I had to because of having Hepatitis C and both of it working my liver. You have got to work your own program. What works for one, doesn't work for the other. Some clinics have a thirty day kick out. Some will work with you untill you feel like you want to increase or decrease. I was fortunate enough to have the later. I hope you will stay with us and grow. You have the chance to meet some wonderful people and help others.

I wish you the best and hope you stay around.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
m36

Male

PostSubject: Re: Week 4 and no problems   Week 4 and no problems EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:17 am

Hi barbara,
How long were you in bed? Most times I detoxed it lasted four days and then I came out of it. I was a binger though so I nver stayed on the pills longer then four or five months then I would detox. This time when I went on suboxone I had been on percs since dec. and then went on sub. four weeks ago. Do you think you got worse withdrawls becuase of the lenght og time you were on suboxone. Its hard to stay on suboxone in Canada because once I get take homes I still have to get the prescription renewed every week. They won't give you a months supply like in the US. It is s lot of driving for me so my doctor is going to work with me and bring me down in the summer after I have had a few months to saty clean. Thanks for answering my questions.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Week 4 and no problems   Week 4 and no problems EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:40 am

Week 4 and no problems Blacka10

Hi M,
It really sounds like once you are ready to come off of the Suboxone your doctor is one that is willing to work with you. You might be able to get an idea of how Barbara was feeling by reading through her postings. From the start of her stopping of Suboxone to the end she did come on and post. She kept herself busy too.
I have read several versions of Suboxone withdrawal.
The people who have done a slow taper are the ones who have done the best.
Have you started thinking about what you will do after stopping the medication? How you will handle the mental aspect of not taking medication any longer?
To be honest with you, I think you are one of the few that will make it in your recovery. I don't say that to put other people down or anything like that so please don't misunderstand me, I have met a lot of people in recovery, usually you can tell who is serious and who is not. You strike me to be a person who is serious about their recovery, you are tired of being on that road.
Please keep in touch,
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Week 4 and no problems   Week 4 and no problems EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 10:08 pm

Hi "M",

I stayed in bed or on the couch for over a week. I still get the heepie jeebies now and then. If I get upset it seems my mind and body doesn't know what to do. Like Dee said I try to stay busy and get up even when I don't want to. When I don't want to is when I do my best to push forward. Right now I'm having a problem with my ears ringing constantly. It's something I will have to put up with for a long while.

Sorry you are having a hard time getting your medicine. It shows how badly you want to make it. My doctor explained to me that there's a window of opportunity while on detox. Our Administrator put a perfect schedule of jumping off Suboxone. She has also written some wonderfull words of hope and direction. Just look at the posts by her and you'll get a lot out of it. I know I did. It was like I drew off of her strength when I had no idea what to do. She makes you feel special and worthwhile.

I hope you can stick it out and make it. This place here is a wonderfull santuary and a place to feel safe.

Please keep posting. It helps me with my life and I hope I'm doing you some good too.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Week 4 and no problems   Week 4 and no problems EmptyThu 22 Apr 2010, 10:00 am

Week 4 and no problems Bear_h10

Good Morning M
I have an appointment up North this afternoon and have to be leaving soon but I wanted to check the board before I go.
After reading Barbara's post to you above I went on a search to see what information we had posted on tapering from Suboxone. I did find some things that you might want to read. It may help you to get a feel of what is ahead.
Follow the links I have provided. I hope this helps.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee

https://suboxone.forumotion.com/questions-and-information-f5/how-long-does-suboxone-stay-in-your-system-t373.htm

https://suboxone.forumotion.com/suboxone-related-f2/successful-suboxone-taper-t230.htm#1134

This last link is for the Suboxone related articles area. If you will look half way down the page you will see the titles for some videos that were done by a Suboxone Provider. Not only is he a provider but a patient as well.
https://suboxone.forumotion.com/suboxone-related-f2/
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
m36

Male

PostSubject: Re: Week 4 and no problems   Week 4 and no problems EmptyFri 23 Apr 2010, 7:36 am

Thank you Dee, before I signed up I read all of those and watched the video of that doctor. I was asking on here to hear some more personal stories about coming off. Thanks for doing all that work. I think the amount of time using and time on suboxone also contributes to how long the withdrawl lasts. Anyways I am not going to worry about it now, I am not planning on starting that until the summer.
Barbara, when you said you still get ringing and symptoms, when did you taper off. Was that just recently? Its sounds like you are doing really well, keep it up. Same with you Dee, sounds like you have been successful. I know I can be there too. I have an amazing job, my family is super supportive and I have a wonderful girlfriend. Everything is great. After my divorce though I slipped into a depression and started using percs to cure my depression and it spiralled out of control. I have no one to blame but myself because I really do have all the supports a person can ask for. Now I feel like I have my life back under control. Thank you for listening. Have great day.
M36
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 4 and no problems   Week 4 and no problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 4 and no problems
Page 1 of 1