Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Holiday Time once again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Holiday Time once again Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Time once again   Holiday Time once again EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013, 6:34 pm

Hello everyone,
It is that time of year again. The holidays are fast approaching so I thought it would be a good time to go over some important things to help get through the stress that holidays can bring.
This week is Thanksgiving and with it fast approaching so does stress.
Who's coming to dinner, do we have enough to feed everyone that will be here and is Uncle George going to be drinking again? Some of us have family members that use and some do not. But either way it is important to remember where your support is.
Weather it be here online or in the form of your group meeting or na/aa meeting. Know how to get in touch with someone should the need arise.
If your going to be going somewhere else for the holiday make sure that you have a back up plan.

Make sure that if you plan to go to someone else's house that you have a way out or another ride home other than how you got there in the first place. Safety and recovery. Your safety and your recovery should always be number one.

As always in years past we have had someone online to help if you need it and this year is no exception. I will be online off and on checking in on the forum in case any of you need someone to talk to.
I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday!
As always,
nannamom
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Time once again   Holiday Time once again EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

That's great advice,Dee.
We will be going to family and most of them drink but are usually okay. We will have one member missing this year and sadly he was lost to addiction. He OD last year and he was only 31 yrs old with 2 children. He and I talked alot about recovery and actually a few years back he was the one that told me about Suboxone. It's so heartbreaking when we loose someone to addictiion.
I don't know how I'm still alive with so many years (21) of active addiction. NEVER did I think I'd make it this far,NEVER. In 3 months it will be 3 years,totally blows my mind that God choose me to live thru it all.

I'm so very thankful for my recovery. Was it easy? Hell,NO. Not only was I fighting my addiction but finding a good Dr. was a struggle. My Dr. got shut down for a short time and is still having to go to court. I pray she stays open. She is someone who really cares about her pts. That is one of the hardest things to find is a Dr. that really cares about our recovery.

I hope everyone has a great and safe Thanksgiving Day. As Dee sais,have a back up plan is needed. No one is worth our recovery.
If this old chick can do it after many years of active addiction than anyone can.
I'm very grateful everyday for my recovery.

Much Love To You All.

Marie:D 
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Time once again   Holiday Time once again EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013, 2:20 pm

Marie I am sorry to hear of your loss. We will be home tomorrow as I am cooking. We are expecting to have somewhere around 6 people for dinner. A small number compared to what others are doing. My only problem will be my brother in law. He has been asked to keep it down and not drink. If he feels the need he can go up to his parents house with the rest of them.
My home is not the place.

It is always good to hear from you my friend. Please don't be a stranger. I know that we have been so slow and I hope that this means everyone is doing ok.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving my friend,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Time once again   Holiday Time once again Empty

Back to top Go down

Holiday Time once again
Page 1 of 1