Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!   Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!! EmptyTue 28 May 2013, 4:31 pm

Well, I like always am scared about going to the doctor. I cant help it, its just part of my genetic makeup. UA went excellent as always. I didn't have to set and wait too long, there wasn't too many in there. I did go infront of someone because there was another April in the office. Doc asked me how everything was going other than the mishap with the dog and the normal family crap, things are well. I told him that my prescriptions are lasting me almost two months which they are, he told me that from now on I ONLY HAVE TO GO ONCE EVERY TWO MONTHS!!!!! YIPPEEEE!!!!
So basically, now instead of paying him every month, I should go back the end of June. Now I don't have to go back until the end of July. Awesomeness. That is going to save us so much money.
If anyone lives in KY, and needs an awesome doctor Dr Tran of Lexington is your man. He also kept writing me my full script too. He said that the end of July, we are going to start writing 1 month and 1/2 or we might just stay with the 2 full month and see how it goes. It just depends on how I do this time around. Yall know that I have been doing fine. If the medication was like 20 bucks or something, I would just keep on going every month, since its not and I couldn't get the GoodRX.com coupons to work I have to do something to save me some money. Hope that everything is well with you guys. Havent seen any posts in awhile.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!   Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!! EmptyTue 02 Jul 2013, 2:46 pm

HI April,
How are things going over your way? Have the prices of the generic dropped any since the last time that you posted about it? So far here I don't know of many people except a few who are using the generic. Doctors aren't prescribing them as much as I thought they would have. I think the reason for that is because in my state a lot of people are on medicaid and medicaid has not approved the generic in their formulary. So far, it is still the strips that is the preferred medication unless you are able to obtain an exception, which means your provider has to do the paper work for it. And there aren't very many who have the time or take the time to do it.

I do hope things are going better at home or across the street. Any news on when you may be able to move?
Hope you are doing well,
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!   Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!! EmptyTue 02 Jul 2013, 9:00 pm

Hey April,

That's GREAT news ! Why can't my doctor do that ??? Grrrrr !
But I'm SO happy for you. This can make up for the fact that the generic wasn't priced the way you had hoped !!!

You sound good, so I'm happy about that.
Your right, things have been SO QUIET around here ~ I hope it just means everyone is doing well and out enjoying life.

Take care everyone, be well and stay positive

Blue
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!   Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!! EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 3:58 am

The prices of generics have not dropped around here at all. I tried using those Goodrx.com coupons and they didnt work for me at Walgreens. I had to call Goodrx.com and tell them, they never got anything done about it. They were wanting the RX numbers and all that crap, I was afraid that they would run the number and consider my script invalid if I went to fill it. I am paranoid, I know but I dont trust hardly anyone anymore.
Our car finally died, we are fixing to buy a SUV that is setting at the same place my car is sitting right now. My mother knows this mechanic who is buddies with my uncle and he has a Mercury Mountaineer for 1200 bucks. It is in good shape, and he priced it to us real cheap. I am kind of scared about it, because I havent bought anything like that big in a long time. Its a investment for us that well is scary to me. I am down to 5mg a day. I let my body naturally taper off. I didnt make myself do it, I just got to the point that I was forgetting to take medication so when I did remember it would be nighttime and I would just take like 4mg and then maybe another 1mg to help me sleep.
Suboxone has never been a caffeinated type of thing for me, it doesnt cause me to stay awake. The only reason that I am up so early this morning is because I dozed off really early last night and I told my husband to wake me up, but when he sees that I am tired and not feeling good he lets me sleep as much as I need.
His job is going good so far, no talks of unemployment like there was back in the beginning. He is working 50 hours a week and we are having enough money to get us a few things here and there. That is really nice, not used to buying me something because I want it. I used to get things because I needed it or I was replacing something else. Doc surprised me that day when I went in, me and the husband made a joke about wearing a low cut shirt thinking that it might help out some. LOL, I did it but just because I loved the shirt and I wasnt trying to show off or anything. It was just a joke between us. The situation with Mom and the little prince isnt getting any better. He got caught the other day in someone else's driveway with Weed. Mom didnt do anything, he took out in her car the other night and was gone until Allen left for work the next morning at 5AM. She did nothing.
We are using her van, because our car died and her van was sitting at her house and he knew that we had to drive it. He took out in it, and ran almost all of the gas out of it. She did nothing, he also broke the front driver's seat and she did nothing.
I asked her what does he have to do before she shortens his leash and she just sat there. I said if you guys keep on letting him get away with stuff, he is going to wind up burning the house down and you guys will be without and nothing will happen. It is going to cost Mom a pretty penny to fix the front seat right, we rigged it but she just seems to not care about it. If she keeps on doing like she is doing, he is going to run the whole show over there. She fell a little while back and is still having trouble out of her foot because an infection set up in it and with all the running around that she is doing because of this asshole kid, it isnt healing like it should be doing.
I dont know about that mess over there, I wish that she would get away from it. She just doesnt listen to anyone at all about it. We have tried to tell her and nothing helps. She just ignores it and goes on. If Allen had ran out of gas going to work that morning and been late, he would have been FIRED. He is out of points at work due to having bronchitis. He cant be late whatsoever. I told Mom that afternoon when she called about it, and I also told her that if he had caused Allen to lose that job I would have whooped his ass and dared someone to stop me. Mom said, well he thought that there was enough gas in the van. I told her that there is no sense in his behavior. She says well yall dont know everything that goes on over here but I do because she tells me everything. The van sits over here now and its locked so if he was to come over here and get in it and take off, I am calling the law on him for stealing the van. Mom wont do it, but I will because I am not his keeper.
That is really the only thing that we are having trouble with is that little loser. He wont work, wont even try to find a job and now that he is smoking weed he cant even pass a UA for most jobs, and I told Mom that there isnt one soul around here that can pee clean. I can, but I aint gonna tell her that. Let the boy figure it out on his own. Oh well, I try to stay positive even though its a dang soap opera across the street. There is constantly something going on over there.
We are having a good time though, we try to go watch atleast a movie when he gets paid. Do a little something every week and get out to have sometime for ourselves. I know that Mom probably thinks its a waste of money and I wish that I didnt have to explain myself to her, but for some reason I feel like I have to. I wish that I could get out of that. That is one thing that I cant get away from, pleasing someone else. Its like I would rather please someone else than myself. I feel like I have to do everything to please someone else, especially Mom. I changed my hair back to its natural color because I knew that she would like it. Is it just getting the extra attention that I am looking for or am I literally trying to make myself miserable and someone else happy? I am changing my hair back though, the natural looks ok but i just dont feel right with it. Well I am going to get off of here, things are fine just a few things that could be tweaked to make things perfect. LOL.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!   Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!! EmptyFri 05 Jul 2013, 4:45 pm

I just did the Good Rx search myself for my area. It's crazy. The price of the generic with naloxone for 30 would be: 101.79 @ CVS and Walgreen's would be 121.68

Now the price of the generic buprenorphine without naloxone would be: 77.66 @ CVS and Walgreen's it is 100.16 all prices with their coupons. I wonder why the coupon would not work for you at your pharmacy?

That's a big difference. True one is generic subutex and the other suboxone. But hey it is only one ingredient. Personally I believe that if a patient is doing well on their program then why can't they be prescribed the generic subutex. It has taken me a long time to think this way. I used to be very strong in my thinking on the subject. Naloxone, true is a blocker but is added to deter people from injecting. People are still injecting it any way.
Buprenorphine itself is also a blocker so why not?
All people should be viewed as individuals and not lumped into one category.
I am happy to hear about your lower dose. Take it when you remember just may be the way for you. It is a huge change from the using days and counting down to when you would get your next pill. Pat yourself on the back you deserve it!!

I know it bothers you to see the "young prince" get away with everything that he does but one day it won't be like that. He will be out somewhere and do something and no one will be able to help him. I hope it doesn't come to that though.

I will keep your mother in my prayers. Relationships are tricky that's for sure. What we see as not being right is hard for the other person to see and sometimes they do see it but have a fear of what may become if they are to be alone.
Sometimes I also feel like I have to explain to some people why or how I spend money. I know deep down I shouldn't feel that way but I do just the same. And I think it is because I think bad of some people when it comes to the way they spend their money. I don't want them to see me as I see them. Am I making sense here?
I am not talking about people who randomly spend money but family members who spend money on others things when they should be paying rent but don't bother because they live off of others all of the time.
When I spend money it is rare but just the same I feel guilty about it.
We are only human.

I hope you had a good 4th holiday. I got up around 9:30 and cooked until about 3. That is usually how I spend my holidays. I enjoy it, good food and family that love it. My other half had to work and my son went over to Lake George in NY to watch the fireworks with his girlfriend so I was left here with no one but my computer. And the cat of course.
I am not complaining though, I had plenty of quiet time to myself tons of leftovers and it felt good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!   Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!! EmptyTue 09 Jul 2013, 2:25 am

Well around here, all that we seem to do other than on Christmas is sit and watch movies. I went and got us a pizza and some Pepsi and we watched a couple of movies. We didnt even go watch any fireworks, but we havent done that in years. Our family doesnt get together anymore. They havent done that in years. I had thought about getting them all together for something, but I honestly cant tolerate most of them very long, or my nerves go to kicking in. Not to mention the shape of our house is not something that I want my family in for very long. We live in a really old trailer and its falling apart once we get the truck paid off, we are hoping to try and find somewhere to move. I would love to move closer to where he works, that would get us away from Mom and the mess across the road. I hadnt talked to her since Friday and the minute that I called, she called back later that evening wanting me to get out and go do a bunch of crap that I didnt have time to do. She just wanted to get away from the house, but I like being with my husband and I want to spend time with him. We dont have alot of time together anymore because he works so much and when he is home, I want to be here with him. Our car is sitting at the mechanic's where the truck that we are buying is at, well Mom wanted to go up there and get the car tonight instead of just waiting until Wednesday. Wednesday is better because I have nothing to do, we were sitting here eating supper and fixing to watch a movie together. She never knows how to give someone time ahead when she has these ideas, not to mention it would not have been a quick trip. It would have taken her 2 hours for us to get the car and get home with it. She wants to go up there and talk to these people for hours, and I dont want to be away from home that much. I have an eye doctor appointment tomorrow and Allen has a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Well, I need to get in the bed I dozed off in my chair which has became my bed because for some reason I cant sleep flat anymore. I hate that I cant sleep with Allen right now but until we figure something out, I sleep in my chair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!   Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on Suboxone tapering and other stuff!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!
Page 1 of 1