Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stay safe and be careful

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Stay safe and be careful Empty
PostSubject: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptySun 28 Oct 2012, 3:21 pm

I know that most of you already have your eyes on the storm that is well on it's way to be the worst in history.
I wanted to check in with you that are in it's path.

Blue, I hope that everything is okay with you. I saw the press conference on the news this morning that the mayor of New York gave. If you are in the area of suggested evacuations, please don't hesitate. I know a lot of people are saying this storm is not going to be what they say but you never know and it never hurts to be prepared.
When you are able to please let us know how you are.

Our area has gone from the watch to aware or vise versa meaning that we as well as so many others are in the path of the high winds and such.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptySun 28 Oct 2012, 8:01 pm

I too am watching...it seems that we are supposed to have blizzard conditions for a while at least. Its already snowing here...especially in the higher elevations. I too am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Much love
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptySun 28 Oct 2012, 9:58 pm

I've heard that a lot of people are to be expecting wet snow, it is scary to see something of this size. All schools have been closed in our areas.
Thinking of all of you. Please keep us posted if you are able to Monica
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 7:54 am

Must have got warmer last night...woke up to rain. Now they sayin it will hit tonight. Kids went half a day. How's everyone else
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 7:57 am

The schools up here sent out notices last night on the automated phone system that there is no school today. Don't know about tomorrow but as for today, no school anywhere. Our winds are supposed to start around 2 this afternoon.
I'll check in later. Hope your okay Blue.
Stay safe Monica
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 7:59 am

You stay safe too dee. I don't get here much but you are all in my prayers and my heart.
Much love,
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

Thanks Monica, I myself haven't been here as much lately as well. I should come more often. When my son got sick and had his surgery I got caught up in everything that was going on with him. I hope to be here more often. I miss talking to our members.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 12:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your son dee. I hope everything is ok now.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 6:49 pm

Yes he is fine and back to work now. He just passed his 3 month probation period of having this job so he was able to get his raise and now he will have paid vacations and paid sick leave. When he had his surgery he hadn't been there long enough for the sick leave but they were nice enough to pay him for the time anyway. He's working tonight and being a mom I am worried but I know he has common sense enough not to take any chances.
How is it there in your area this evening? The wind started to pick up about an hour ago and it is raining. Not too serious as of yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 9:30 pm

Still not bad here. Ground is white but nothin major. I hope all of you are ok. Dee I'm so glad your son is ok.
Much love,
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyTue 30 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

I heard that there was snow in some areas. We are all good here. Some lost power but we are lucky to have ours. Today calls for high wind mixed with some rain through Thursday. All in all though everything looks good.
Glad you are safe. Thinking about Blue and hoping all is well with her as well as our other members.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyTue 30 Oct 2012, 8:26 pm

Hope everyone is still ok. We spent the day building snowmen. Looks more like christmas than halloween.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyWed 31 Oct 2012, 6:17 pm

All is well here. We didn't get any of the snow that seems to have fallen on some of the other states and we are all good.
I had an amazing phone call this evening and wanted to share it with you guys. My daughter called me a little while ago. I have been trying for almost or about a year now to get her to call me as I haven't talked to her or even seen her since she was 2 years old. She is now 25 and has children of her own.
We talked like we've been talking daily for years. It was nice and it was comfortable. I am happy and I hope that we can now work on building towards our future. NOw that the ice has been broken we can only move forward. Life is good
Take care,
Dee
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyWed 31 Oct 2012, 6:19 pm

Congrats dee. You deserve happiness and so does your daughter.
Much love,
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptyFri 02 Nov 2012, 4:37 pm

Thanks Monica,
Has anyone heard anything from Blue lately. I am starting to worry about her since she lives in an area that I believe was hit hard by the storm. Normally she logs onto the forum daily but she hasn't been here since Sunday. I am praying that she and her family are okay.
Take care~
Dee
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptySun 04 Nov 2012, 9:42 pm

Hello,

We just got our power back today.

The devastation I have witnessed here is heartbreaking. What you see on the news doesnt compare to seeing and living it live.

I waited on gas lines for hours just to get gas to fill our generator to bring some heat
to the house.
I still have a house, thank God. Some of my neighbors do not. Some have been banned to live in
due to water damage and even fire damage. A whole neighborhood burned to the ground.

New Yorkers are strong, but damn, how much more can we take.

We could sure use some prayers.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful EmptySun 04 Nov 2012, 10:18 pm

Blue,
I am so glad to hear from you. You, your neighbors and community are in my prayers. Seeing the news reports doesn't even touch what all of you are going through I know. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know.
Stay safe please. Have you had any news from Jelly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay safe and be careful   Stay safe and be careful Empty

Back to top Go down

Stay safe and be careful
Page 1 of 1