Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

doctors tomarrow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin

Kevin

Male
Number of posts : 16
Humor : see above
Registration date : 2010-06-28

doctors tomarrow Empty
PostSubject: doctors tomarrow   doctors tomarrow EmptyMon 02 Aug 2010, 8:25 pm

I'm going in tomorrow and wanted to ask if you guys thought I am where I need to be as far as meds go.
I take 2 mgs 3 times a day. Overall I feel ok. The meds seem to start wearing off after about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs and I feel the P.A.W.S. or so it seems. Anyway, it's then that I start thinking back and what I used to do when I started feeling like this. Is this normal? Should I feel the P.A.W.S. or should the meds have that covered 24-7?
Secondly is insomnia. I have trouble getting to sleep. It's between 2 and 3 am before I fall asleep and then wake at 5 or 6 am for work. When I don't work I'll get up about 7 or 8 am. Is this normal for 1st week on Suboxone or is this to do with the Heroin?
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

doctors tomarrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: doctors tomarrow   doctors tomarrow EmptyTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:44 pm

Kevin
I am so sorry that I didn't see that post until now. I have some health problems going on right now and I am the only moderator that is working on the forum. Today I had an important appointment in Burlington so that is why I am just now coming on the forum.

How did you appointment go with the doctor today? Did he/she increase your dose of Suboxone. When I read that you were feeling sick after about 3 1/2-4 hours I was thinking that your dose may not be enough for you right now. It will take some time for your body to adjust to taking Suboxone and right now you are still in your stabilization phase.
Most people level out at about 12-16mg per day. Do you plan to take Suboxone as a maintenance medication or as a tool for detox for a few months?

The sleep issues will get better with time. I used to have a terrible time falling asleep. I started using Melatonin along with a cup of Chamomile Tea about 20minutes before going to bed and that seemed to do the trick for me.
You can also try and hot shower or bath before bedtime and eliminate any TV program that seem to stimulate the brain late at night.
You should probably establish a night time ritual of quiet time and see if that will help.
Again I apologize for not answering your post earlier.
By the way... I did enjoy looking at the pictures that you posted and will comment on them tomorrow, for now I am headed to bed even though it is still early it has it has been a very long day for me.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

doctors tomarrow
Page 1 of 1