Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checking in and a minor question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
m36

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Checking in and a minor question. Empty
PostSubject: Checking in and a minor question.   Checking in and a minor question. EmptySat 15 May 2010, 5:30 pm

Just wanted to say Hi. I am finsihing up my eighth week this Sunday. So come Sunday I will get my first prescription for take homes. It will be nice not to have to travel to the pharmacy everyday. I still get random sweats sometimes. Does anybody else have that or is that common? Its not like withdrawl sweats where I feel crappy. I just randomly get sweaty sometimes. Could be ten minutes after my dose or 12 hours. Nothing serious but it has happened at every level of does. from 8mg to 16mg.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Checking in and a minor question.   Checking in and a minor question. EmptySat 15 May 2010, 9:25 pm

Checking in and a minor question. Saturd13

Hello M36,
Look how far you have come. It has already been 8 weeks!
Congratulations!

I've never experienced any sweats that I can say was contributed with my taking Suboxone. I do get night sweats and sometimes during the day as well, but that comes from my Thyroid in combonation with having Histoplasmosis.
When was the last time your primary care provider did a complete blood workup on you. This is something that you might want to think about.
The best course of action is to get a thorough checkup. I wish I could give you a better idea. Maybe George, Cathy or Barbara may have some ideas they can kick over to you.

Other than that, how are things going for you? Do you have any vacation plans for the summer? Keep us posted on how things are going. I really enjoy reading what the other members write. Listening to the experiences of others gives me a lot of hope and strength.
Enjoy your weekend,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Checking in and a minor question.   Checking in and a minor question. EmptySun 16 May 2010, 1:07 am

Hi m36, Congrats on your take homes! That must be a real relief for you.

I used to sweat alot but they have gone away for the most part. If I remember right we once had a thread going about sweating and how to relieve it. I don't know where it would be on the forum but it was along time ago. I will try to look for that thread tomorrow. Dee is right you should have a blood workup just incase the sweating is coming from something else.

I hope you have a nice Sunday.

Cathy Checking in and a minor question. Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Checking in and a minor question.   Checking in and a minor question. EmptySun 16 May 2010, 8:30 pm

Hi M36, I found that thread I told you about. I bump it up in the "question and information section" The main post is about Angioedema but the sweating topic got in there.

As for the cooling pads I think men can use them too. There not just for hot flashes. My boyfriend sweats alot and he uses a bag of frozen peas wrappped in a towel and he puts it behind his neck.

I hope this helps.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Checking in and a minor question.   Checking in and a minor question. EmptySun 16 May 2010, 10:53 pm

Hi M36,

I'm glad someone brought this up. I too sweat profusely and I also have a thryroid problem. When I'm at work and working in the heat, I look around and noone is sweating as much as I am. I don't know if it's the medicine for my thyroid or some other reason. I haven't had any Suboxone for going on four months and I still sweat. I have to go into the lobby of where I am to cool off or I feel like I'm going to pass out. I've had my blood work done and everything seems normal. I'd still mention it to my doctor, which I'm going to do the same thing when I go. I'll let you know what she has to say about it.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking in and a minor question.   Checking in and a minor question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking in and a minor question.
Page 1 of 1