Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checking with Kay S

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Checking with Kay S Empty
PostSubject: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 10:48 am

Checking with Kay S Hello-10

Good morning Kay,
I just wanted to stop for a few minutes and check in to see how you are doing? Did you start your Suboxone yet? How are you feeling?
Is thee anything that you and or do you have any questions? I know, I know, I have so many questions for you today. To be honest with you, i was worried about you. We haven't heard from you in a couple of days and I am wondering how you are.
Please take a minute to check in and let us know how things are going.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Kay S

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 6:32 am

Good morning! Yesterday morning I sat down to write, and had written quite a long post when the transformer down the street blew and off went my computer, posting and all... ugh. Anyway, wanted to let you all know that I started the Sub treatment at 4:39 AM, to be exact, Monday morning. That day I actually got kinda sick because my Dr. said he thought I'd taken too much (12 mg, which had been his recommendation), so I brought the dose down to 8 mg on Tuesday and Wednesday. Here's something I don't remember from 3 years ago. In the morning I feel pretty odd... very very tired, little anxious, difficulty concentrating, etc., but after lunch time I begin to feel normal. It's not been quite as easy this time!

Have any of you had this problem when you started? Any suggestions? I am starting out with a 6 mg today... I'm going to leave this short and see what you all have to say about this issue. I've got to get ready for work.

Thanks for listening!
Kay
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 8:51 am

Image hosted by servimg.com
Good Morning Kay,
It is good to hear from you. I had been wondering how you were doing. Whenever we get a new member on the forum especially when one is getting ready to start their treatment with Suboxone I try to stay in contact with them just in case they need anything or have any questions. I do understand that you have to work, but I worried about you anyway.

The one thing to remember about Suboxone is that : Less is more.
It takes less of this medication to do more.

The proper protocol for the first day of Suboxone is no more than 8mg. Although some doctors do tell their patients to take more. Some of them say 16mg.
That is water under the bridge for you so onto today.

Starting out on a small dose in the mornings is a good idea. You can probably even try with 4mg. Then if that doesn't work for you, go up another 2mg which would be 1/4 of a tablet.
The first week is your induction period. It can take awhile for you to stabilize on your dose. After your Induction phase, you will have your stabilization phase, then your maintenance stage if you decide to take Suboxone over a period of time.

A lot of patients do feel a little off during their first week until their dose is adjusted to suit them. When do you go back to your provider? Actually he should be seeing or at least speaking wiht you daily during your first week so he can get a feel of how you are doing.
Let us know how your days goes today.
Cathy, Barbara and probably George will be here later on today to share their first days with you. Hang in there Kim. It will get better as each day comes.
Yours in recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 11:31 pm

Hi Kay S, I am sorry your kinda of having a ruff start. But one thing I do know and you will soon remember that feeling of being normal! The first day for me I was fine than for some reason the next day I had this terrible headache and I was very sick to my stomache. But Day 3 I was feeling pretty good the best I felt in years.

So hang on Kay! You are getting there!

Cathy Checking with Kay S Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Kay S

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 12:06 am

Hi Cathy,

Yep, the headache is one of the indicators it seems to let me know "take the Suboxone" and within minutes I feel a good bit better.

That first day was pretty uncomfortable in the AM, and then I just remained sleepy, but what can I expect? I hadn't slept since Friday and this was Monday!

After I posted this AM and took 6 mg I got ready for work. Before I got to work I experienced that same headachy feeling, so I pulled over and used my pill splitter to carve off 2 mg and took that. Within minutes I was feeling just fine (that was 8 mg for the day, as was Tuesday and Wednesday). I noticed that today I began to feel "normal" sooner; before lunchtime. Progress!

The best thing to report.... NO PAIN!!!! I was so afraid I'd be inundated with it... just the reverse! Things that had been very tender, joints that ached, muscles that cramped... are now just beautifully well! I thank the LORD for this miracle!

I just awoke and thought I'd check in on you and everyone! Hope everyone else has had a "progress-ful" day!

Kay

Our Feline Babies! "All cats have 9 lives; all lives should have 9 cats!"
Checking with Kay S Icon_cat Cali, Checking with Kay S Icon_cat Toby, Checking with Kay S Icon_cat Teddy, Checking with Kay S Icon_cat Tori, Checking with Kay S Icon_catRoxi, Checking with Kay S Icon_cat Chesty, Checking with Kay S Icon_cat Bonnie, Checking with Kay S Icon_cat Honey, Checking with Kay S Icon_cat Buddy Boo!!!
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 12:26 pm

Hi Kay S, I am happy you are feeling much better. You will start feeling even better as the days pass. After being on Suboxone my pain has greatly reduce. I hope that happens for you.

I am so happy! Another animal lover! I have five dogs but I am also a kitty person. I love Maine Coons and Scottish Folds. When I was working as a Vet. Tech. we had these two Scottish Folds that use to come in for their checkups and I just fell in love with the breed. One of these days I hope to get one. What breeds are your furbabies? I also love your quote!

I hope you have a wonderful day! Cathy Checking with Kay S Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Kay S

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 6:40 pm

Checking with Kay S Icon_cat All our furbabies are DSH, I always wondered what a "dish" cat was... lol, it's Domestic Short Haired! They're just normal lovelies!!!

New thing today friends... I woke up after having 4 or 5 good days at 8 mg and thought I'd try to transition down 2 mgs today. I began by taking 6 mg and taking a shower. We went to church and while in service I took another 1/2 of 2 mg (1 mg) and I have felt sooooooooo awful today! For some reason I feel panicky (just icky), headachy, my left THIGH is hurting like something awful and don't have a reason for that unless it's my "monthly" which began yesterday - it feels as if I have a massive cramp in my entire left thigh all the way from my hip to my knee... strange huh? I just don't feel GOOD! This can't be from simply not using 1 mg less today than yesterday could it?

Any help on this one? Otherwise, hope you all are feeling well today. I had hoped to taper down from the 12 mgs I started with without much problem. Maybe I'm thinking doing it too soon. I will call the Dr. tomorrow, but any thoughts tonight?

Thanks!
Kay
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 9:37 pm

Hi Kay,
It looks like we are all lovers of our little felines. We only have one, actually he belongs to my son Kris. His name is Chocolate and he is Kris' Therapy Kitty.
He has been a life saver for my son.

On to your question, it could be that the symptoms you are having are related to your monthly starting. Before you started taking Suboxone did you usually have a hard time? When was the last time that you had a complete blood workup done. Not just a routine check up but a completely and thorough check?
I suffer from leg cramps, mainly in my ankles and feet. When I talked to my doctor about it she did the blood work up and I found out that I had a really low potassium level. I also found out that I am Hypothyroid.
I don't really think that you are feeling the effects of lowering your dose by just that small amount. But just the same call your doctor as planned. Let us know hat he says.
Enjoy your evening,
Dee
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 1:19 am

Hi Kay S, I tried to catch you in the chat box but when I logged in it said you were away. I just hope you are feeling better. You can try a nice hot bath. That works for me. It shouldn't be withdrawal that your feeling but everybody is differnt. I get leg cramps when I am withdrawal but I get them when I am not. So it could be anything. So If I were you just try to relax and call your doctor like Dee said and you already had planned. I hope you have a better Monday and give your kitties a hug from me.

Cathy Checking with Kay S Herz
Back to top Go down
Kay S

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 6:57 am

Cathy and Dee,

It struck me last night while going over what was happening. I'd read Dee's (I think it was Dee?) post about the constipation issue and the pain she felt. Well, putting two and two together and getting four, or five... lol. Back when I had my daughter in '90 I had a night where the pain was awful and they said it was likely bowel pain due to birthing issues a week or so earlier. It all felt somewhat similar, so... I knew that it had to do with the cramps from my monthly, add that to the fact that when I was trying to "go" the pain in my thigh became excruciating. It seems to be that left thigh nerve compression, Meralgia paraesthetica that could be aggravated by a number of issues, constipation and pressure on the sigmoid colon, etc. See what I mean? I am in such a hurry this morning, so if I've got any of this wrong, please forgive me. I'll have to check later, but now gotta run!

Have a lovely day ladies (and any gentlemen).

Thank you!
Kay
Back to top Go down
Kay S

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 2:26 pm

Reading a little bit more, it may have little next to nothing to do with bowel function other than the pain in my thigh really intensified during that action. It appears to be related to menstrual bleeding, cramping, etc. That would make sense with my experience 20 years ago post-partum with my daughter. The doctors at that time were concerned that I could've had an intestinal twist, but it seemed to be related to the cramps at that point too.

In essence, I haven't called the dr. today yet because I feel totally different today. No more of that from yesterday!

One question though... WHEN will I begin to feel less "on the fly"? I feel as if it's hard to make sure I'm concentrating on anything and I just live to get home from work with my hubby to lie down!!!! He's been such a Godsend!

See? I'm just rambling... Day 8, 7 mg of Suboxone (Day 2)

Kay
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 10:42 pm

Hi Kay,

It's Barbara. I don't remember if I have written you or not. If not, do not take offense. Going on three months ago I stopped my Suboxone and been working a lot of hours, crazy hours. If I haven't I want to introduce myself and get to know you. I'm glad you are posting and getting better. This does my heart good to know another person is in recovery. As time goes by you will go through a lot of changes. Your whole life and way of thinking will change...at least it did for me. I went through A.A. in 1984 when I first joined and remained sober in 1991. I got a chance to deal with a lot of anger and resentments.

I've read all of your statements here and I see it's easy for you to express how you feel. This is good and I'm sure it helps others who can't say how they feel. We never know what we say will help another person with their life.

I'm going to read the forum for a while and probably go to bed or watch television for a while and check back before I do go to bed. I just looked at what time it is. I still don't like going to bed and don't like getting up. What are you going to do?
Glad you are making a difference here and look forward to reading more from you.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 11:55 pm

Kay,
There is something that I noticed about myself last year. I noticed that I always seem to be moving. Never in the same spot. I find it hard to just sit and relax, when I start to do one thing I usually wind up attending to another before I am through and before you know it I have several things going at once.
I don't ever remember being this way until this last time of going into recovery. I am not sure if it is the Suboxone or that I am getting older.
I have found that if I make a list of what I need to get done during the day it does help keep me grounded.

I believe what your feeling will get better in time. It just takes time to get used to a different way of life. Other than that how are you feeling?
I know that I must have said this before but it is good to see you posting and sharing a part of you.
Do you have any children? I have one son left at home he is soon to be 17 in May and is the light of my life.
It is getting late and I can hear my pillow calling to me.
I will check in with you tomorrow,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Kay S

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptySun 16 May 2010, 11:15 am

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to check in and say hi and relay where I am in my process... If you will recall, this is the second time I have used Suboxone to relieve symptoms of withdrawal after using physician prescribed pain meds for two herniated disks in the middle of my back that I aggrevated in February of 2006.

On April 9th I removed the 12 mcg Fentanyl patch which I had tapered down to from 25 mcg (I used 25 mcg for two years). I began Suboxone in the early morning hours of April 12th, starting at 12 mg. That proved to be too much and the next day after consulting with my doc I took 8 mg. I've gone very slowly but my body has told me step by step how to taper. The unique issue with removing the "patch" compared to stopping Percocet is I have no cravings; no "jacuzzi in the blood" feeling that I have to get away from. I remember that intensely from the first time in the winter of '07!!

Today I am on my fourth day of 2mg of Suboxone and am looking at being done by the end of May. I believe whole-heartedly in this medication! I cannot imagine going through the annoying and sickening feelings of withdrawal without the help it provides!

I sincerely hope those who are using a taper such as myself and those readers who are long term recipients of the benefits of this wonder drug are doing exceptionally well! I will check in from time to time... my responsibilities at work have increased dramatically within the last two weeks due to the retirements of (2) 30+ year employees, so I'm not on here much.

Thanks for being here for everyone... it's great to know these compassionate folks are here to gain encouragement and knowledge from!

Kay S.
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S EmptySun 16 May 2010, 1:29 pm

Hi Kay S, Thank you so much for updating us. I hope anybody reading your post will know that Suboxone does work. Congrats on your taper! I am sure Dee will be so happy to hear how well your doing.

Just one thought. I hope you will drop lower than 2mgs before you jump off the Suboxone. Maybe you will be fine stopping at 2mg but just in case don't be afraid to ask your doctor about tapering even lower.

I am so happy you are doing so well. Please keep in touch and enjoy your Sunday.

Cathy Checking with Kay S Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking with Kay S   Checking with Kay S Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking with Kay S
Page 1 of 1