Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checking in with George

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Checking in with George Empty
PostSubject: Checking in with George   Checking in with George EmptyThu 22 Apr 2010, 8:51 pm

Checking in with George Orange10

Hi George,
I just wanted to check in and see how things are going for you this week since it is your first week back to work? This will be short, but please let us know how things are going.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Checking in with George   Checking in with George EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 9:11 am

Hi Dee,

I too, send my well wishes to you George.

Dee, I'm just before having to run and get horse feed before I go to work. This is short too. I never seem to have enough home time to answer all where I can. I'm always with all of you mentally and in hopes everyone is okay. As for me, things come and go.

Got to run. My best to everyone.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Grb83

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Checking in with George   Checking in with George EmptySun 02 May 2010, 2:56 am

Well things didn't go as planned. I am still out of work. Mr Ortho told me that I am not healed enough. Money is so tight now. I am still doing well. I am doing exactly what my sub Dr wants. I told him about all of the stress and my feelings of depression, and feelings of doom. I started therapy and talked about everything. I just have to hang in there.

I'm sorry I have not posted for a while but things have been so screwed up at home for me that I fell back into isolation. I think about everything all the time. I might call my sub Dr on Monday because at 12 mg's, I still feel as if Im not at the right place. Every night around 1 am, I wake up and just don't feel like I do after I take my sub's in the AM. Like it's wearing off. I don't want to take anymore than directed until I speak with my Dr.

My last appointment he asked me if 12 mg's was enough due to the circomstances I am having. I was people pleasing and told him that I was fine. I have to stop lying to people and be honest. I am not Okay. I am so affraid of everything that could or will happen.

Monday I will call and make a appointment.

Thats all for now,

G
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Checking in with George   Checking in with George EmptySun 02 May 2010, 6:17 pm

Hi George, I am sorry things are not going as planned. I am glad you are getting therapy. Have you considered going on an anti-depressant if your not on one already?

With the people pleasing thing it might sound selffice but for now you have to put yourself first. You haven't been in recovery that long and I am sure your counslor can give you some pointers on how to handle issues like that.

I hope you do call your doctor on Monday because he may be able to tell you over the phone to increase your dose or not and just schedule an appointment before you rx runs out.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Cathy Checking in with George Herz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Checking in with George   Checking in with George EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 11:20 am

Checking in with George Blacka11

Good morning George,
How are things going with you this morning? Any better? I know it has to be tough not being able to go back to work yet, but you need to listen to your doctor and do what he suggests that you do. He is concerned about your healing after the surgery and I am sure wants only the best for you.

Great news cheers on your starting therapy. I am proud of you. It will help for you to be able to talk things out with another person who is outside the box so to speak. I know that when I get to feeling overwhelmed by whatever is going on with me, I feel better after speaking with my counselor. Before I started counseling I didn't think I needed it.(yeah, that's what I though) The only problem that I had was that I took too many pain pills and as for the rest I could handle it on my own. I have been going to my therapist for about a year now. It really does help. And I am grateful to my Suboxone Provider for not letting up on me to go. She didn't force me as that is not her style, but she did keep offering gentle suggestions that I might want to look into it and I am now glad that I did.

Calling your doctor this morning is a real good idea. You have got to be completely honest with him. He asks you out of concern, he wants to be sure that you are at the right dose for you. He can't help you achieve that if you don't open up to him completely. There is nothing wrong with telling him that you may need a higher dose. Remember, just because you go up on your dose for awhile it doesn't mean you have to stay there. Once things start to settle down and you are back to work, then maybe you can again lower your dose.

You have come a long way from the person you were just a few weeks ago. Keep up the great work George. The time will fly on some days, and move slowly on others. But for each one of those days you will wake up in recovery.
Enjoy your day and let us know what happens after you talk to the doctor.
Yours in recovery,
Dee

sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking in with George   Checking in with George Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking in with George
Page 1 of 1