Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Letting go of the past

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Letting go of the past Empty
PostSubject: Letting go of the past   Letting go of the past EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 10:34 am

I often don't post readings from AA,NA due to their beliefs that we are not in recovery simply because we choose to use a medication to help us to manage our addiction.
If the posting of this offends anyone in any way shape or form, I apologize in advance.

“It is not where we were that counts, but where we are going.”

Letting go of the past Pink10

When we first find recovery, some of us feel shame or despair at calling ourselves “addicts.” In the early days, we may be filled with both fear and hope as we struggle to find new meaning in our lives. The past may seem inescapable and overpowering. It may be hard to think of ourselves in any way other than the way we always have.

While memories of the past can serve as reminders of what’s waiting for us if we use again, they can also keep us stuck in a nightmare of shame and fear. Though it may be difficult to let go of those memories, each day in recovery can bring us that much farther away from our active addiction. Each day, we can find more to look forward to and less to punish ourselves for.

In recovery, all doors are open to us. We have many choices. Our new life is rich and full of promise. While we cannot forget the past, we don’t have to live in it. We can move on.

Letting go of the past Pink10

Just for Today: I will pack my bags and move out of my past into a present filled with hope.

Basic Text, p. 23
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Letting go of the past
Page 1 of 1