Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our Newest Question of The Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scot L. Metcalfe

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Our Newest Question of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Newest Question of The Day   Our Newest Question of The Day EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 3:19 pm

Hello everyone
I am a counselor in a suboxone clinic and where else can you go to get information on how to help clients who are suboxone and still using meth, cocaine , benzo's and cannabis. My question is what can we do to help it is our policy to dropped them after the second positive u-a after stabilization and I just think we are missing something please help. Scot
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Our Newest Question of The Day   Our Newest Question of The Day EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 7:26 pm

Our Newest Question of The Day Rose_b10

Good afternoon,
Our newest member Scot L. Metcalf has posted a question and I thought it would be a great question of the day so I moved it over to this section.
I know that some of you will have some input so lets hear what you have to say. Remember there is no wrong answer, we all have our own opinions and that is what makes our forum so special, the ability to speak up with an open mind and not worry about what someone will say in return as long as it is in a respectable manner.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Our Newest Question of The Day   Our Newest Question of The Day EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 12:01 am

What an interesting question. I have been on Suboxone for 1 year and 7 months. I always had clean UA's until last week. I tested positive for the first time and the test was wrong I was clean. I was tested the next day and that came out clean.

I think great care should be taken when testing somebody who has been stable. I think two differnt types of test should be used to make sure. Also if the person is really using while on Suboxone then that person needs to be evaluted to see if inpatient care or detox is in order.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Our Newest Question of The Day   Our Newest Question of The Day EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 9:57 am

Good Morning,
Continuing education is also a great tool to utilize. Perhaps you can incorporate some type of education on the subjects of Benzos, Methamphetamines, Cocaine and other street drugs,
what can happen and how a causal usage of these drugs can lead to not only an addiction but death as well. And make it a mandatory part of your program.

Sometimes inpatient hospitalization is necessary for some people. I believe in my heart that if it has to happen to save someones live then it needs to be done.
One of the leading causes of death in addiction is the mixing of other drugs.
I think it is great that you are trying to reach out a learn more about the actual addict himself. That shows that you do care and your patients need to know that you care. Let us knwo if we can be of any help and we will do what we can.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
scot L. Metcalfe

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Our Newest Question of The Day   Our Newest Question of The Day EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 12:02 pm

Hello

Thank you so much for the feed back it helped a lot and it will give my supervisor a new way of looking at positive u-a's while in suboxone treatment. I do care a great deal about all my clients and I want what is best for them. For me that is to not look the other way 2 or 3 times for positive u-a's. Thanks for the help. Scot
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Our Newest Question of The Day   Our Newest Question of The Day EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 2:50 pm

Our Newest Question of The Day Angels21

Hello Scott & Welcome!
My name is Beth & I am very glad that you have decided to become a member here, as it is a wonderful forum for questions, answers, support & encouragement. I wanted to let you know my opinion of this question as well, but really, after reading through Dee & Cathy's posts, I can really just agree! Certainly that addicts do need as much knowledge & further education on the topics of these type of issues. Also, as Dee said, the "mixing" of drugs is what can become so very dangerous. Yet, as we all know, relapse IS part of recovery. I hate for someone who is suffering from addiction, but is coming to your treatment center for recovery loses out on that chance of possibly recovering because they haven't learned quite how to be clean yet. Does your facility also offer counseling? I guess that I really don't know what the protocol "should be" either. It cannot go without some type of recognition- possibly a mandatory class on just these issues in order to get their next Suboxone refill? (not cutting them off, but must attend this class before next one will be written to be weaned off if you do not receive cooperation) I am close friends with a woman who works in a more legalized treatment facility (women coming home from jail or sentenced there for treatment in lieu of) & I was just talking to her on Sunday & she was telling me about a woman there- no names or violating HIPPA, just her story. The woman, her husband & sister all shot up heroin together. Her husband OD'd at x-mas, in a coma for nearly 2 months, but lives & continues to use. Her sister OD'd in February and died. This woman decided that she wasn't wanting to live like this any longer, but living with her using husband, she was sentenced to live in this facility for whatever drug charge. She was supposed to be there until May originally, but she was doing so well that they were moving her date up to leave within the next 2-3 weeks. Anyways, after coming back from a weekend pass, she blew numbers. ABC was .016, maybe a beer. UA's came back completely clean for any other substances while she was staying at home with the using husband. Yet, she will now be remaining until May & will be violated, not having to return to jail, but lengthens her probation, etc. It seems harsh to me, but she cannot be freed of consequences. I think that the longer she stays there, the better that she will become because what happens when she goes back home? I obviously do not have answers for you, but just what I have seen happen around here. I don't know if any if any of that could be put to use within your facility, but maybe something along these lines? Please let us know how things end up working out because we do want those people to be there to have the chance of recovery!
Yours in the Struggle,
Beth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Newest Question of The Day   Our Newest Question of The Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Newest Question of The Day
Page 1 of 1