Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon   Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 2:31 pm

Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon Ag_wwf10

Good Afternoon to all!!
We have three new members to welcome into our home, our newest members of the forum are, nelle, belladonna66 & MarkHelpsall.
Welcome to The Light At The End of The Tunnel.
My name is Dee and I am one of the moderators, we have two other moderators as well. Their names are Barbara & Beth. Please make yourselves at home. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have about recovery, addiction or Suboxone. If we don't know the answers, I promise you that we will do what we can to help you find the answers you are looking for. Along with our moderators we also have some great members that are always around and happy to lend a hand.
For those of you who have not had the chance to check out our websites, please do. I'm sure you will find they are a wealth of information, we currently have two websites.
Suboxone Assisted Treatment located at www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Medical Assisted Treatment of America Inc. www.medicalassistedtreatment.org

It is always a pleasure to be able to welcome someone new into our little home here. Weather you are new to recovery or have been in recovery for some time now either way we are glad to have you here with us.
Please tell us a little bit about yourselves. How long have you been a Suboxone patient, if you are not currently a patient are you considering starting Suboxone? What has brought you here to us today? We are here to help.
I look forward to talking with you.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon   Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon EmptyWed 06 Jan 2010, 2:02 pm

Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon Welcom11

Hello & Welcome to our 3 newest members!!!
Nelle, Belladonna & Markhelpsall, so glad to have you here with us!! Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon Icon_cheers
My name is Beth & I am always so happy to see more & more members join our precious fourm, one in which I consider my second home!! I would like to begin by telling you all a bit about this very special forum! It was started up last November by a very inspirational woman, as well as the CEO of the forum, who also suffers from an opiate addiction, but has been off of the opiates for years upon years now. She also is a Registered Pharmacist & extremely knowledgable regarding addiction issues AND is always willing to help others through their suffering that comes from this life changing disease. Her name is Deborah Shira & she has had the incentive to open this site to help others just like us from feeling so very isolated from the rest of the world who has yet to begin to understand addiction. For a very long time, many of us have felt completely ALONE & without any understanding from the very people that we have decided to "let into our suffering world" as many still see this disease as a lack of willpower or a lack of love for not being able to stop using for your family, husband/wife, parents, the list goes on.. I know that is exactly how I was feeling when I first came across this forum last November & it felt like it had been created for someone just like me?!?! Wow- I had never expected other people to actually understand & identify what it felt like to be in my shoes. The longer & longer that I have been here, the more & more people I begin to meet just like me! This site is not judgmental, nor do we speak harshly to our members. We will not put you down for anything- we are all here to give each other a hand up!! I realize that some forums do not agree with the usage of maintenance medications such as Suboxone or Methadone, but here we believe that if this medication has helped you to get your life back under contol, then why is it wrong? We are here for the ups & downs throughout all of our recoveries & therefore have made wonderful friends along the way. Good friends who want to help keep all of us on the right path of enjoying our lives. I cannot speak for others, but I do know that when I decided that I could no longer live the way that I had been living by relying on Oxycontins to get me through each & every day, I was sick & tired of living. I had tried quitting so many times & in so many ways before that I began to think that I was beyond any hope whatsoever. Then, I found out about Suboxone & it truly changed my life. I have been opiate free since May 2008. Then to find this site & all of the support that came with it, I feel like God knew just exactly what I needed, but I had never before listened... Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon Icon_evil
Now that I have gone over a little about myself as well as the forum, I would like to personally ask each of you what has brought you here to us?? Are any of you currently on Suboxone or thinking of beginning it? Or Methadone? How did the holidays go for all of you? Was that a stressful time period for you as it was for me? Every year the holidays seem to be my worst time for my cravings & the desire to once again use. I still see a counselor on a weekly basis & we discuss this each year, but the feelings are still there. (as they are for many of us!) I really hope that you all still enjoyed your holiday season & now that it is over, we can once again attempt to relax for awhile.. Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon Star3
I would also like to ask each of you what is going on in your world right now & if there is any possible way that we can help, please just let us know. If you have any questions or just need to "talk" (so to speak) or would like to learn more about the available medications for this horrible disease of addiction. We have 3 moderators here on the forum, Dee, Barbara & myself who are happy to answer anything that we can to help you out, as well as the myriads of oher special members that will be here for anyone, anytime. I also strongly encourage you to take a look at the websites directly under our names- if you hit the link, it will take you directly to the sites on Suboxone and/or Methadone, which are filled with a wealth of information on these medications & people who have bravely placed their stories of their addiction as well as their recoveries for others to read. To show that this disease CAN BE MAINTAINED!
I am going to close this up for now, but certainly did want to introduce myself & let you all know that I am very happy that you have decided to become members here! I would love to hear more about all of you as you begin to feel more comfortable to share. Welcome "home!!"
Your Friend in the Struggle for Recovery,
Beth Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon Herz
Back to top Go down

Welcoming 3 new members this afternoon
Page 1 of 1