Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

taper plans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
willow

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-17

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: taper plans   taper plans EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 12:38 pm

Rolling Eyes hi im new here, and i just joined is anyone planning on tapering off of their suboxone if so i would like to have a taper buddy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: taper plans   taper plans EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 12:51 pm

Hi Willow
I am so glad that you have posted. I'm not planning to taper off of Suboxone anytime soon, but I am still here to offer you support, in anything that you may need. How long have you been on Suboxone? Have you talked to your doctor about tapering? What ever you need weather it be to talk or for support. please let me know. I care.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: taper plans   taper plans EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 2:04 pm

Hi Willow, I wanted to know how long have you been on Subs and how long were you using? My doctor explained to me while tapering, there's a window of opportunity in which you can taper off safely. Then there's people like me who have been on the pain meds for years and it will take quite some time for me to get to the place I can taper off too. I feel I'm almost there. My doctor says there will come a day I will feel like I don't need it that day and will continue to withdraw from then on. Everyone is different. I'll stay with you through your taper. I wish you success and I and Dee will support you through out. Keep posting and talking. Don't sit and think about it. Stay busy and positive. In your corner, Barbara
Back to top Go down
willow

Number of posts : 2

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: taper plans   taper plans EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 8:40 pm

i have been on suboxone for almost 3 years now i feel it is time, i was on opiates for pain and addcition for many years id say my whole life i was using anything to escape a total of 20 years, it is time -i know the older i get the less i can bare any form of withdrawl so i am beginning my taper, my doctor is aware however he is not very schooled in suboxone he says to do what i can handle as far as tapering , i dont want to be maintained on suboxone forever ,and it has been quite awhile i feel more addicted to suboxone than i was ever to any other thing since i take it daily and have not missed a day, in my addiction id go weeks without substances, the suboxone does alter me.. i am more energetic and able to do anything , that is not me i am a couch potato at heart it has changed my depression levels 100 percent i am not suicidal or miserable anymore which is a big reason i stayed on this drug,i have been thru counseling etc and i know if i stop the suboxone i will go thru a major depression but i am a depressive person normally that is just me, i am going very very slow i just thought someone else was ready to taper with
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: taper plans   taper plans EmptySat 20 Dec 2008, 12:01 am

Hi Willow. I hope you go well with your tapering plans. I was starting to taper off after four months but I made a great mistake last time and went off too quick. But you know in yourself when it is time. Just make sure you don't 'jump' off it. I hope it goes well for you. I'm definately taking it slower this time. I had no idea that people stayed on this for so long. I don't feel guilty about it now because it has definately saved me from a nightmare herion and oxy habit.

Well done on your recovery. You sound like you have put heaps of effort into it.
Mez.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: taper plans   taper plans EmptySun 21 Dec 2008, 2:56 am

Willow,
It sounds like you have really thought through your decision to go ahead with your taper. Just remember that what ever your decision may be
we all are here to help you through. I think that Deborah had a taper schedule posted somewhere on the old forum. If you would like I can check to see if I can locate it for you.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: taper plans   taper plans EmptySun 21 Dec 2008, 7:15 pm

Hi Willow,
My name is BFye & I've been on the Subs since May. I also wanted to taper off & not stay on a maintenance medication. I spoke with my doctors & although they didn't think I was ready, we set up a detox schedule to continue tapering off throughout the month of October with as few withdrawl symptoms as possible. I took my last dose on Halloween (1/4 tab) and felt okay, not great, but I could handle it. That was a Friday. By Monday, I thought that I was dying! I felt just as I had months ago when I first went off the OCs- horrible!! No I immediately made an appointment & went right back on them. Idea I'm not telling you my story to in any way discourage you. We all know our own body the best. I only hope that you have considered every angle of stopping the Subs completely.. As well as what you'd mentioned with your depression, it's a daily battle. I also fight off depression. As well as counseling, I take an antidepressant called Zoloft. It was originally given to me for Post Partum Depression as I had two babies close together. But when I starting taking it, I definately felt better. More energetic, etc. I wonder if some of what you call being a couch potato is more a symptom of depression? Is that possible? Are you taking anything other than the Subs to help treat the depression seperately? I hope that your not finding me to be too nosey. I just want to know how your handling these issues as I am facing them as well. I hope to hear more back from you & send you many prayers in your recovery.
Happy Holidays!
BFye I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: taper plans   taper plans EmptyMon 22 Dec 2008, 4:33 am

Beth,
I am so glad that when you had such a hard time by not taking the suboxone, you went right back on them. That makes me so proud of you. So many people are in such a hurry to get off of them, if the body and mind are both ready in sync with each other then that is fine. Bt addiction is a disease of the brain, and some people are never able to stop taking medication. I will probably be one of those people. But if it keeps me where I need to be and safe, then thats what I will do. I am happy that you didn't try to tough it out.
Your an amazing woman Beth.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: taper plans   taper plans EmptyTue 23 Dec 2008, 6:05 pm

Hi Dee,
I am starting to wonder if I am also one of those people who will need to stay on Suboxone long term, possibly forever?? And as much as it used to bother me, I now feel much differently. I now know that I am nowhere near ready to go off of them. If I get to the point one day that I feel my mind & body are in sync (as you'd said) maybe I will try again then. But honestly Dee, if that day never comes, I am not going to be upset at myself about staying on it. Exclamation It has saved my life when I had nearly given up hope.. I will never go back to that point & the only reason I can say it with such certainty this time is due to the Suboxone!! I'd tried to quit 999 times before, in a variety of different ways (more about that later Crying or Very sad) and could not keep from coming back to the opiates, worse every time. I cannot, will not, go back to those days. I can't believe that I made it through them at all. I certainly don't think that I'll make it through them again. I don't even want to tempt fate. I know that if I go back to the life I was living, I will die. It's really as simple as that. I am out of options, other than recovery. Recovery or death? It seems such an obvious choice to me today. I feel confident that it will remain obvious to me and that is because of the Subs. They helped me get through so much of the physical part of this addiction to be able to concentrate on recovery. It helped me get my mind to the right place to believe that change really was possible. Does that make any sense how I worded it?
I am just so very grateful that this medication really exists!!
Anyways, how are you doing Dee? Are you ready for Christmas this week? It's always amazing how fast it sneaks up on me. Every year. I always tell myself that I will be more organized next year. LOL Yeah right! I just keep on believing it! Wink Your so organized- you probably have it all ready to go. That is a talent girl! It's something that I'm striving towards, reducing & organizing the clutter in my life. Someday. Wink (keep on believin')
Hope your feeling well & to talk with you soon.
Love,
BFye I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

taper plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: taper plans   taper plans Empty

Back to top Go down

taper plans
Page 1 of 1