Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can you successfully taper off Suboxone?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Can you successfully taper off Suboxone? Empty
PostSubject: Can you successfully taper off Suboxone?   Can you successfully taper off Suboxone? EmptyMon 17 Nov 2008, 4:49 pm

Can you successfully taper off Suboxone? 102310 Welcome! I'm still experimenting with the Forum and I am really trying to figure it all out and I will. I had dental surgery Friday and my mouth has been sewn up and it really, really hurts but I will be back soon with lots of information to add.

I have been receiving many e-mails asking if any of you have successfully finished taking Suboxone or if you know of someone who has been successful at tapering off.
I have one patient I am working with who is at 1mg and can't seem to get off of it.
If anyone can be of assistance to him then I am asking you to please do because he
really needs your advice now.

I want to welcome all the new patients (people) to our Group. I want all of you to feel as comfortable as you can and just try being yourself. We promise we will love you for who you are. I want it to be a place you can come when the going gets rough and there is no one on your side and the whole world feels as if it has turned on you.

I want it to be a Group where you can come to find people who approve of you and will help you in any way they can. We will answer any questions you have on Suboxone and if you are having any problems taking it, we will try and help you figure out why it isn't working (maybe your dose is not high enough) or it could be you are nodding off (and if so it may be too high for you.)

What I am saying is we will work with you. If you need help locating a physician Certified in your area, we will help you. If you are with one that you are ubhappy with, try and locate another one if it is possible. We really want to hear about all your complaints about the Suboxone Doctors. Let us hear from you.

Deborah Shrira,Administrator
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Can you successfully taper off Suboxone? Empty
PostSubject: Can you successfully taper off Suboxone?   Can you successfully taper off Suboxone? EmptyTue 18 Nov 2008, 11:31 am

This is my opinion and from people I've known to taper off. Some say the moon and planets have to be in the right place and time for you to use the window of opportunity to taper. If you believe this and use it, then it works. I believe your brain and emotional feilds have to be ready for a transition. When you are on your way to becoming an addict, you cross a line. Untill you have crossed back over this line, you can taper until you are done. It's going to take not being comfortable a lot of times, but once you are comfortable, it's time to taper more. I got down to 1 mg before and had to work and couldn't take the time off to transend past the adjustment. I went back up to 2 mgs and it wasn't enough and went further to 4 mgs. I'm in hopes of dropping my afternoon dose and then split my morning dose to half in the morning and half in the afternoon; after three weeks. Then drop my afternoon dose again, bringing me down to 1 mg a day. After three weeks, I'll split this dose. After I'm comfortable with this, I'll crush a 2 mg and use a tiny bit twice a day and after dropping my afternoon dose again, I'll skip a day and dose on dust again untill I'm not taking anything. Everyone is different and you can train your brain after you have been straight for some time. It won't be easy, but the results will be a conquest to jump up and down about. I wish the speediest recovery, but learn to eat, sleep and keep busy on a schedule. I hope I have helped. There will come a time when your brain will tell you when you are ready. When you are happy and comfortable, it's time to get uncomfortable and lower your dose. Again, I hope I have helped. Talking about it is half the battle, walking throught it is the last you'll have to do. Yours in the struggle, Barbara Rue
Back to top Go down

Can you successfully taper off Suboxone?
Page 1 of 1