Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson!   Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 11:50 am

Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Th_flo11

Hello and WELCOME to GRB & RAnderson!!
I hope that you had a wonderful Halloween weekend! My name is Beth & I would love to welcome you to The Light at the End of the Tunnel. (or what I personally consider my second home) I am delighted to see that more members are finding their way to us here- this is a completely different kind of forum than any other! We have support, love, encouragement & truly care about how our members are getting along throughout their own recovery. We do not permit ridicule or judgment of how someone is working their recovery. We are here to listen & to possibly throw out new ideas. A "fresh" perspective on the same old problem of an opiate addiction. We completely understand the need for a maintenance medication throughout your recovery of remaining off of opiates, if that is what is needed for you to do so successfully. I am one of the moderators here along with Dee & Barbara Rue and we are all on Suboxone. I will let them tell you about themselves, but they HAVE been in recovery for years of time & are doing it successfully along with the help of Suboxone. For me personally, I started taking it in May of 2008, so I am about a year & a half into my own recovery, but I can assure you that this miracle medication, along with God leading me to it, has absolutely saved my life!! I know that I was at the end of my rope. I wanted to stop using so badly, tried to quit a million times, only to fail yet once again. I was full of self loathing & there was nothing but a shell of a person left of me. I felt like my soul had been stripped away! Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Kopfschuettel Then, I found Suboxone!! Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Star3 I was amazed at my very first "Induction" visit when they gave me the pill & I put it under my tongue to dissolve, it hadn't even fully dissolved yet before I was already starting to feel better. It really felt like a miracle to me!! Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Herz I have been on it ever since. I realize that there is much controversy about trading a drug for a drug, but today, on Suboxone, I can live my life the way that it should be lived! I can take care of my children (as well as myself!?!- which didn't matter much to me back then) But I have 3 kids who I am able to be here for today & raise them properly, not dope-sick or fiending, nor high & unable to live without being high. No more chasing down the dope man, nor having to lie & steal to cover it all up from my husband. Although it has been a year & a half, he still has big time trust issues with me. I'm still trying though! Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Star3
Now that I have shared a little about myself, I would love to ask both of you what has brought you here to join us & this precious forum? Are either of you currently on Suboxone or thinking of beginning it? As you can see, I don't have a bad word to say about the drug (other than the cost, but they are working on generics)- but it is definately less expensive than what those Oxycontins were, so the cost was still way worth it to me! As well as the fact of, how do you put a price tag on something that saves your life? Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Suspect Or are either of you considering Methadone as an option? I have never personally been on Methadone, but many of our members are on it or have been on it & made the switch to the Suboxone. Dee, one of the other moderators that I had referred to earlier, used to be on Methadone & made the switch to Suboxone, so she would have first hand knowledge on how that feels & what would work better for you in your own personal situations'. Either way, we are happy that you have made the choice to get off the opiates & get on with your lives! There are so many special members here that I could not even mention everyone that will be by to say hello & want to get to know you! I know that it is hard to open up & share your very worst problems with people that you don't even know, but I hope that if you read along & share some along the way, you will begin to see that true friendships have been made here because we really DO understand what it is like to walk in those shoes that you are also walking in, assuming that you do have an opiate addiction & are desiring & working towards recovery! It's not like you stop taking the opiates, start the Suboxone & some magic wand makes everything that has happened all better again, BUT it sure does give you the chance to make those needed changes & a shot at a new beginning! And once we are stuck in that vicious cycle of opiate addiction, I found it nearly impossible to escape from it, so once I did by finding the Suboxone, I absolutely want to make the very best of my NEW BEGINNING!! Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Herz
I really look forward to getting to know both of you better & really hope that you will come back on & share some of your story with us about what is going on with you & what has led you here to all of us!!! We really care about the new members feeling welcome & feeling like they can just jump in & become part of the group!! I sure do hope that you will do just that! Again, welcome home my new friends!
Yours in Recovery,
Beth Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Herz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson!   Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 12:42 pm

Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson! Raccoo10
Hello there GRB1972
My name is Dee one of the other moderators of the forum. It is good to meet you. I have been in recovery for a little over 7 1/2 years. The first four years I was a MMT patient and for the last 3 1/2 years I have been a Suboxone patient.
Are you currently a Suboxone patient or are you thinking about starting Suboxone? Whatever the case may be you are most welcome here. We are not like a lot of other "support" forums on the Internet. We will not at any time tell you that you have been on Suboxone "Too Long" nor will we tell you that it is time for you to stop taking Suboxone.
This is your recovery and it is up to you how you handle it. What we "Will" do is offer support and try to answer your questions to the best of our ability. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you. I am sure that you will soon discover that our members are a close knit group that welcome all that have a desire for a successful recovery.
We have a couple special members that are always ready to open up and share their experiences with you. Their names are Cathy & Kimbo and I'm sure that they will be along at some point to say hello as well.
I am looking forward to meeting you.
Yours in recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Welcome GRB1972 & RAnderson!
Page 1 of 1