Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum Empty
PostSubject: Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum   Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 9:04 am

Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum Welcom15

Good Morning Everyone,
We have a new member this morning and his name is Nate.
Nate is currently a Methadone patient that is contemplating switching over to Suboxone. I won't go into detail of his history as I want him to be able to tell you about it.
Please make him feel at home and show him what support is all about.

Hello Nate,
I am glad that you have decided to join us. We have two other moderators on this forum and they are Barbara Rue & Beth. I'm sure that once you get to know these two wonderful ladies you will see what makes them so special. We have another member that I'm sure you will enjoy meeting and his name is Kimbo.
Please feel free to read the postings of the other members and if you have any questions or concerns about Suboxone or your recovery let us know and we will do what we can to help you.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
northerngirl62

northerngirl62

Female
Number of posts : 9
Humor : great sense of humor
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum   Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 11:27 pm

Hi Nate and welcome. Good luck on your treatment plan...keep coming back here whenever you feel the need to talk to someone. Everyone is wonderful here and very helpful with questions. Again Nate..best of luck and know that God doesn't give you anything he doesn't think you can handle....goodnight.
Back to top Go down
kimbo

kimbo

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Strange but there
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum   Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum EmptySat 31 Oct 2009, 2:38 am

Hello Nate welcome to the group .In this place I have found a lot of hope and support .When I joined this group I came in with an open mind but yet being an addict I had my doubts ..Those doubts were quickly chased away by the people here ..They have walked many miles in my shoes down many of the same roads there stories maybe different but the all share the same things were are addicts addicted to opiates we need either suboxone or methadone to keep us well and to keep us from using the opiates ..We are special breed apart from other addicts . Here you will find hope support and place to feel safe ..Thank you for joining the ranks in recovery the road may not be easy but its better than where you have been .

Dee thank you ..

Nate if you need to talk drop me aline I check in here on a daily basis
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum   Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum EmptySun 01 Nov 2009, 3:34 pm

Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum Th_flo10

Hello Nate!!
Welcome, welcome, welcome!! Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum Icon_cheers I am so happy to see that you have decided to become a member here! I understand that you are currently on Methadone, but are considering Suboxone? Are you dealing with pain issues? If you are, some people say that the Suboxone helps with pain, others say it does not. I personally do not feel like it helps me with pain. But, if you don't have pain issues, then I really encourage you to give Suboxone a try. I had been on opiates for 16 years & had tried to quit so many times, in so many different ways that I truly lost hope. I thought that I was just one of those people incapable of living without opiates, despite hating myself for taking them. I went to a detox where they used a drug called Subutex to get me off of the oxycontins & while there, I learned about a maintenance drug called Suboxone. I ended up going onto it on May 5th, 2008 & now have almost 20 months clean. It was a miracle for me! I do not want to say that it is better than Methadone because I have not been on Methadone to be able to say either way, but I do know that you do not grow a tolerance to it, that the less you take, the better you feel and that I know it has saved my life! I hope that you will read up on it on the link directly under any of the moderators names. Mine, Dee or Barbara's all have the links to direct you to the site where there is just a wealth of information on Suboxone, as well as there is a link to a Methadone site as well. It is all HON certified (100% accurate most up to date information) Many members here have made the switch from Methadone to Suboxone & would be able to share more personally what they preferred or how they specifically feel.
By the way, my name is Beth & I am really happy that you have made it to here. I would love to hear more about you & what is going on with you or if there is anything you need help with, we have such a great group of people! Barbara is the other moderator & she has been working quite a bit lately, but I am sure that she will be by to say hello as well as our special friend Cathy, who are just some of the nicest people who are going through the very same ordeals that all recovering opiate addicts have to endure & we understand each other from having been in those same stinky shoes! Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum Icon_wink (right Kimbo?) We almost have a second family here!!
Look forward to hearing from you soon Nate?
Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum Herz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum   Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Join me in Welcoming Nate to our Suboxone Forum
Page 1 of 1