Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum   Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum EmptySat 24 Oct 2009, 8:14 pm

Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum Moon
Good evening everyone. Please join me in welcoming Sandra into our family of recovery.
Sandra,
It is great to have you here with us. First I'd like to introduce myself to you, my name is Dee and I am one of the moderators of the forum. I have been in recovery for a little over 7 years now. There was a time when if you would have told me that someday I would be sitting on a recovery forum typing out welcomes of support to other members I'd have though you had lost your mind.
But here I am. And I am proud to be here. We have two other moderators on the forum they are Barbara Rue and Beth, I am sure they will be along shortly to say hello to you as well.
We also have many great members that are always ready to listen and offer support. If you should have any questions or concerns about Suboxone or your recovery, please let us know. We will be happy to do what we can to help.
I look forward to talking with you Sandra
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum   Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum EmptySun 25 Oct 2009, 4:04 pm

Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum Th_ang10

Hello Sandra,
How are you doing today? I am in hopes that you are well. My name is Beth & I am very happy to welcome you to our forum or what I refer to as my second home. I am currently a Suboxone patient & have been on it for about 19 months. I was very bad into the Oxycontins & was to the bottom of my rope. I desperately wanted to stop using, but could never handle the withdrawals & even after "detoxing", I was just one of the lucky ones that could not get to feeling better, no matter what I did. I had felt great in detox, where they used Subutex to get me off the Oxycontins, then I went home. Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum Kopfschuettel I tried to go without using anything & it wasn't but days before I was out "hunting" again. Back in the hood! I was so angry with myself, not to mention that I had just been gone from my family for nearly five days while in detox, a one year old, a six month old, and an eleven year old alone for my hubby to TRY to tend to everything he possibly could. I needed HELP & quick! And Sandra, I was out of hope! Then, God helped me find Suboxone! Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum Icon_cheers The miracle that I had needed for so very long. The very first dose was amazing! I was no longer sick!?! The longer that I stayed on it, the better that I felt. Not only was I not sick, but I had NO cravings nor thoughts of "going back" to that life that I had desperately wanted out of for so long. I have been on it ever since & believe that it has saved my life! I really think that today I would either be dead due to overdose or suicide or I would be incarcerated & praying for death. Either option is NOT an option today. I am not even close to being that same person.
So, to you Sandra, I ask, what has brought you here to become a member? Are you also currently taking Suboxone or thinking about starting to take it? Or Methadone? This forum is very understanding of people needing maintenance medications to stay in remission of our disease of addiciton. We support people both on Methadone & Suboxone. I am one of the moderators here with Dee & Barbara and I can assure you that we permit no one to ridicule or put down others about how they are working their own recoveries. We just want people who are struggling in recovery to have a safe place to come & share your feelings with other people who understand exactly what it's like to be in those same shoes. That you don't have to feel alone with your addiction anymore. You may have great family support, but do they understand why you did that thing that you regret the very worst in your life? Recovery is not an easy road, but I can promise you that it gets better & better every day that you go through without regrets. You learn to look at yourself in the mirror again. You learn that your worth something again. And it helps so much to have others who know just the same feelings that you are having too! I have met my very best friends here. I look forward to getting to know you better as well Sandra. I really hope that you will open up & share what you are going through these days. Again, I welcome you home! Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum Star3
God Bless!
Yours in Recovery,
Beth Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum Herz
Back to top Go down

Welcome Sandra to our Suboxone Forum
Page 1 of 1