Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Effects from Long Term Use Suboxine Use

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dgree

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Effects from Long Term Use Suboxine Use Empty
PostSubject: Effects from Long Term Use Suboxine Use   Effects from Long Term Use Suboxine Use EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 6:30 am

I was wondering if there are any or is any effects on major organs from long term use of suboxone? Like liver desease, kidney failure, siezures, heart problems?....

What I'm getting at, could Suboxone be a life long prescription? It reminds me of "before the days of Lithium"
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Effects from Long Term Use Suboxine Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Effects from Long Term Use Suboxine Use   Effects from Long Term Use Suboxine Use EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 7:42 am

Good Morning Don,
For many of us, Suboxone is for life.
A Lot of people are told by their Suboxone providers that Suboxone is a six month program. But you cannot put a time limit on your care with Suboxone. Today I mark my fourth year of taking Suboxone.
I am here because of it. If I were not able to take a medication for my addiction I would have dies a long time ago from an over dose I'm sure.
As it is, my body is fighting the long term effects of drug abuse.
The idea of taking a pill to get rid of a pill addiction for many people is unreasonable. They ask why take a pill to get rid of a pill.
My response: To save your life.
There are three stages of Suboxone Treatment.

• Induction
  • Stabilization
  • Maintenance

The maintenance over view can be read at: http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org/42.html
Learning about Suboxone is a long process. It takes time and patience.
Take your time. We will be here for all of your questions.
The makers of Suboxone also have a nurse phone line for questions. They are available Monday-Friday 9a.m. -6:45 p.m.
you can reach them by calling toll free: (877)-782-6966
There is another phone number you can call for Suboxone information. You can call the Turn To Help Phone Line. It is also sponsored by the makers of Suboxone; Reckitt Benckiser. They are available the same hours and days as the Suboxone nurses. They can be reached at: (866)455-Turn or (866) 455-8876

People that have liver conditions are not recommended for treatment with Suboxone. Barbara can tell you a little bit more about that.
I hope that I have been able to help.
I did read on another post that you will not be here over the weekend. Enjoy the weekend.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Effects from Long Term Use Suboxine Use
Page 1 of 1