Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Effects on heart during detox

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Effects on heart during detox Empty
PostSubject: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptyFri 13 Feb 2009, 8:49 pm

If you have been a long time user of a drug, do you put your heart and respiratory system at risk? It seems to me your heart and respiratory system would start to improve and restore itself immediately.Could I get some feed back on this?

Love,
Barbara

Last edited by Admin on Sun 15 Feb 2009, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelled Words)
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptySat 14 Feb 2009, 6:01 pm

Hi Barb, My doctors told me with opiates it depresses your respiratory system and as for the heart the danger comes into play when you go into withdrawal and your blood pressure and heart can be affected by it. But they also said when withdrawals are over your blood pressure and heart should be back to normal. My Suboxone Doctor told me that Suboxone can affect your respiratory system if it has been already compromized. So less is better. Love Cathy

Last edited by Admin on Sun 15 Feb 2009, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelled Words)
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptySat 14 Feb 2009, 10:38 pm

Thanks Cathy,

I'm thinking of reducing my dosage of Suboxone. I'm on four milligrams a day now by halving an eight milligram tablet. The next time I go to the doctor, I'm going to ask for 2 milligram tablets and start out with one in the morning and one in the afternoon and then drop my afternoon dose. I want to know how long should I take the two milligrams a day. Should I taper again swiftly and then try to jump off? I just want to be free of it. I'll always stay here and help others. Please pray for my guidance.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptySun 15 Feb 2009, 4:14 pm

Hi Barb, I am praying for you. Do you want to reduce your suboxone due to health issues? Are you really comfortable with tapering and stopping all together? If your ready that is wonderful. Please don't rush into this. I know we would all worry about you if you taper too fast. Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptySun 15 Feb 2009, 7:58 pm

Hi Cathy,

It has a lot to do with my health. I have Hepatitis C and want to go on Interferon and Rebitron therapy as soon as I can to get it over with. I have the Type which responds best to medicine and may be able to do it in six months plus I'm tired of having to take the Suboxone. Half the time when I'm on the way to work, I have it in my mouth, can't enjoy my Cappachino or cigarette on the way to work. People at work can tell when I have it in my mouth and have their snide remarks.

I will be extra careful about not tapering too fast, but I want to do it at a pace, my mind knows what I am doing.

Thank you for answering with concern. You are most appreciated especially thank you for your prayers.

Love,
Barbara

Last edited by Admin on Sun 15 Feb 2009, 9:38 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Mispelled Words)
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 1:34 am

Hi Barb, Now I understand why you want to get off of the Suboxone. I had a friend who went on Interferon and Rebitron. She had a lot of side effects from the Interferon but she wasn't taking good care of herself either. As soon as her treatment was over she went back to drinking. The Hepatitis virus just showed back up in her blood work again. So now she is deciding if she wants to go for another round of treatment. I think the less medications you are taking the better the treatment will go for you. Just keep yourself heathly and have positive thoughts and you will do fine during treatment. I hope you have a great Monday! Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 9:48 pm

Hi Cathy,

I'm a bit tired tonight. I've gotten the dogs fed and dishes done. I just wish I could stay on an even keel. Sometimes I'm okay and others I feel so wrung out. I know what the Interferon and other is going to do...I took it back in 2002 and was still doing Oxycontins and the virus came back...or the load was high again. It never goes away. Like I ate fried shrimp and fries for dinner. I took a Protonix to keep the acid down. I'll probably live on Ensures and feel sick most of the time.

Cathy, be glad you got clean when you're so young. Even if all goes well for me, I'll have a good ten years left, but it's better than no years. Stick with your program and never go back. I'm not saying you will, I just hope and pray you build a future cause things are going to get really tough in the years to come. Save all you can for your retirement. This is just an old lady's advice. I'm thinking of the mountains of Tennessee after I sell out as soon as the market comes up a bit.

I'm closing early tonight cause I have to work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting out, but hate to leave the house. Does this make any sense? God bless and thanks for your kind words and interest.

Love,
Barb
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 1:28 am

Barb, I sent you a pm. I am hoping you have a good day at work. I know what you mean about not wanting to leave the house. When I leave my house I worry all the time about my dogs. I know they are ok but I still worry. Thank you for your wise advice. I have to start over again with a retirement plan. I heard the mountains in Tennessee are breathtaking! What a great place to retire to! Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 6:54 am

Barbara,

You have soooo much on your plate. If you have a good Doctor he/she will make sure that you can handle the medications that you are on. With their knowledge and your wisdom you will be able to work out what is best for you. I used to work in the Hep C clinic at the hospital. I was their vampire for six years. My experience with the people who were on interferon etc is mainly by taking their bloods and talking to them about how their treatment was. So I don't have any clinical knowledge like a doctor or scientist blah blah. I also have Hep C and my Doc keeps telling me to have the treatment as well.

I keep putting it off. But I have seen many people who have been on it and from my own personal experience I have seen many people actually get rid of the Hep C completely. These were the people who ate well, didn't drink or take other drugs (illicit) and really focussed on getting well. I also saw people who continued to drink and obviously didn't change their habits and ended up either going off the program or just giving up all together.

Why I haven't gone through with it yet is because so many people said that they suffered with depression. This is what bothers me. But my Doc says the medication is heaps better now and I shouldn't hesitate seeking it out. With being on suboxone and having heart problems, wouldn't your doctor cease it? Four mgs is a lot lower than what many people are on?

Don't be scared to hassle the crap out of your Doc? Thats what they are getting paid for. They are the ones who have the 'brains' to check out all of the current studies that are going on in the world? You have got me thinking now. I'm gonna get a referral this week for the clinic and see what happens.

Good on you Barbara. You go girl.

Love Mez. X
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 2:24 am

Hi Mez,

I'm just in from work (1 am) and have to get back up at 4:30. I just wanted to say hi and I read your wonderful message. I'll answer you prperly when I get in tomorrow.

Til then,
Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Effects on heart during detox   Effects on heart during detox Empty

Back to top Go down

Effects on heart during detox
Page 1 of 1