Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome Laura In Vermont

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Laura In Vermont Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Laura In Vermont   Welcome Laura In Vermont EmptySun 19 Apr 2009, 2:28 pm

Welcome Laura In Vermont Tealsw10

Hello Laura In Vermont,
It is so nice to meet you.
Having new members join our family makes me smile because it shows me that everyday there are people in recovery seeking other people that they can share their experiences with.
Our families try to understand what we go through, but unless they have "Walked in our shoes" there is no way they can really know what is is like.
They do have their own frustrations though, I will admit that. how many times have they heard the same old lines "I'm going to stop" only to have us go back to using in a matter of weeks, or for some of us, a matter of days.

Now, it doesn't have to be that way. Now there are medications that help us to be the person we want to be. And we are fortunate enough to have access to those medications.

Laura, please feel free to read the posts of the other members, comment where you feel a connection.
My name is Dee, I am one of the moderators of The Light At The End Of The Tunnel. Our other moderator is Barbara Rue, and she will be along to welcome you soon.
I look forward to meeting you.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Laura from Vermont

Female
Number of posts : 15
Humor : Slowly finding my sense of humor
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Laura In Vermont   Welcome Laura In Vermont EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 12:38 am

Hi Dee,

I had made a few posts under the heading Questions about Suboxone- one a few months ago and one yesterday. So I registered yesterday and have been just going through, reading the different posts on the different topics. This is such a great forum you and Barbara have going here.

Just a little background (I will make a post under the Suboxone Stories with my story soon). This time around I have over 14 months clean and sober and have been on Suboxone the whole time. I've never had anywhere close to 14 months before. I look back on my time in recovery and I've really come a long way.

I'm still struggling with AA/NA meeting issues, sponsor issues, occasional cravings, anxiety and a few other things. I think if I made a better effort in trying to help people- whether that be volunteering, sharing my experiences, here or elsewhere, it will make a big difference. My life is by far better than it has ever been and there is no way I would be where I'm at today without Suboxone. I would have relapsed (again) long ago.

I'm really glad this forum is here. I plan on participating regularly. Thank you for such a nice welcome note. A bunch of people made some really nice posts pertaining to the post I made a few months ago. I had totally forgotten about this forum. I was so wrapped up in my issues. I read everyone's responses and it made me cry. It's so great to have such nice people who truly understand.

I look forward to meeting you too.

Thank you and take care.

Laura
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Laura In Vermont   Welcome Laura In Vermont EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 10:59 pm

Hi Laura,

Forgive me for being so long in answering. I've had some medical issues with my stomach. I just wish I could have welcomed you sooner. You seem so nice and friendly. There was another Laura on another forum who I dearly cared for so much. One day she had quit over a vicious person...I missed her so much and still do. Your writing sounds a lot like her and I'm glad you are here.

I'll go over to the section where we can talk more casually. The sponcers of the forum are real strick about us posting in the right areas. I can see their reasoning cause it takes a lot of time to straighten out the subjects.

I truly welcome you and glad you said you would be posting again.

yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Laura from Vermont

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Laura In Vermont   Welcome Laura In Vermont EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 10:32 pm

Okay,

No problem.

Thank you.

Laura
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Laura In Vermont   Welcome Laura In Vermont EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 1:50 pm

Hi Laura,

I'm in a mad rush to put the horses back in the pasture and head out for work. I should be back in around eight o'clock. Maybe you could log on around then and we could chat? Hope you day is going well. I'll be thinking of you till then.

Thanks to you too,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Laura from Vermont

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Laura In Vermont   Welcome Laura In Vermont EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 9:54 pm

Hi Barbara,

Sorry I missed logging on the other night. I didn't see this post until now.

I'm still kind of learning my way around here. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.

Thank you for your thoughts. Hopefully we can talk soon.

Take care.

Laura
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Welcome Laura in Vermont   Welcome Laura In Vermont EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 10:32 pm

Hi Laura,

Oh, dear. I had just wrote out some personal stuff and here we are in Introductions. We have been asked to stay in the correct sections to keep some order of facts. It's hard when I forget where I am and go on and on. That's the way I am. I can stay on track for days on end, but sooner or later I find myself stimulated back to being cued back to lose where I'm suppose to be.

I am so glad you have joined us and posting. This means so much to the value of the forum and the recovery of us all. Bless you for being here.

Please meet me at the casual section. I have some thoughts to share.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Laura In Vermont   Welcome Laura In Vermont Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Laura In Vermont
Page 1 of 1