Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern

Go down 
+3
Barbara Rue
nannamom
Particular
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Particular

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern Empty
PostSubject: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 11:57 am

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have had any sleep issues when starting Suboxone. I can only seem to sleep about 4 hours a night. This hasn't been much of an issue, because I don't seem to need as much sleep, but today I'm feeling like it's starting to be. I'm feeling pretty dang tired this morning. Has anyone else felt like this, and if so for how long?

Not enough sleep will certainly steal some thunder from your rainbow, I hope this goes away soon.

Your Partner in Recovery,
~Particular...
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 1:29 pm

I sometimes have a problem with not being able to sleep. I take Melatonin, it works well, is non narcotic and you can buy it most anywhere.
Taking a hot bath before bedtime helps as well.
At one point some of our members had a post going about sleep problems, I hope that when they read your post they will chime in and give you their tips.
Enjoy your day and remember to smile often.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 10:10 pm

Hi,

When your body needs it's sleep, it will fall into it's own natural pattern as your recovery moves along. I nice hot shower/bath with a cool or warm room. I like a room cool and a lot of covers. I turn the television off and start relaxing my body from my toes up...I've very seldom gotten past my waist and I'm asleep. My hassel is my Yorkie licking me in the face to go outside. I'll come back to bed and wiggle around until I'm back to sleep. If I'm not working that day, my Quakers make sure I'm up by 7:30. Just keep trying as you get well all of your naturals habits will follow. I hope I have helped.
Yours,
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Rue on Wed 04 Mar 2009, 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
Particular

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 12:09 pm

Thanks Barbara,

I'll give some of these a try. I've been a sufferer of insomnia for a long time, and have tried lots of things. I think I'll try the relaxation method, that's worked well in the past for me. I've been sleeping ok for the last 2 months until I started the suboxone. It's funny when I'm having problems sleeping I always forget to try relaxation, or sleep preparation techniques. I'm normally to busy complaining to myself that I can't sleep Smile Once again my character flaw of not being able to see the forest through the trees visits me again Smile

Your Partner in Recovery,
~Particular...
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 10:27 pm

Good luck Sweetie,

When I say a prayer asking to sleep, this works too.

Love,
Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 11:16 pm

You know Barbara,
That also works with me as well. At night when I go to bed, I pray and before I am done, I am asleep.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 11:12 pm

Thanks,

Prayer also works when I have nightmares about drugs and I ask for them to be taken away.

Love you all,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
ThirtyOne

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyMon 06 Apr 2009, 12:21 am

when taking too many SAOs too close to bedtime, they would hype me up and I either wouldn't sleep well or have nightmares that would scare the crap out of me and I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

That said, since sub is an opiate, perhaps taking sub as early in the day as possible, or at least not more than 2-3 hours before bedtime it may help.

At least, that has been my experience and it has helped me.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyMon 06 Apr 2009, 9:42 pm

Hi, talk about nightmares...I was chasing my horses whom had gotten loose all night. I finally woke up long enough to tell myself it was a dream and I'm okay. I think our bodies and minds healing go through a process. We go through a lot of mental pain and it will take time to become normal. When we are awake, we can rationalize reality, but when we are asleep, our fears take on a form of its own. Taking my medicine in the morning does help me sleep at night. If I split my doses, I'm up much later into the night.

Thanks for your input...we need more people to share. It keeps the recovery going and builds trust.

I'm here for anyone who needs me.
Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
ThirtyOne

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyTue 07 Apr 2009, 12:56 pm

Nightmares suck.

I nightmared about having a miscarriage last night. I was screaming hysterically in my sleep, which I recall in the dream, but also evidenced by my hubs shaking me to wake up and holding me while I cried back to sleep.

Losing a child is a scary thing to me... because it has been my reality. I lost my most favorite little person 19 months ago in a car accident. He was (is) 7. He is my Beautiful Brandon.

Brandon's baby brother was just 10 weeks when we lost Bran. Grayson will never know what an amazing big brother he has. The amazingest.

I want another baby... not to replace Bran, not ever... but because I was complete for 10 weeks with both my boys... and then one was ripped away.

I am absolutely petrified that I will lose another. I struggle to drive with Gray in the car (I was driving the car that killed my Brandon). I am afraid of getting pregnant, because there is one more chance to lose a baby.

I hate being scared. And am struggling with all of these emotions that I numbed out for a year and a half after losing Bran. They are real, raw, powerful and debilitating. Can't really say recovery is a load of fun, but feel some relief in finally feeling it all, even though it sucks more than anything. Catch 22, right.

Wow. Sorry. This is about sleep patterns. Sorry for the hijack/tangent. Just missing my boy something fierce today : (.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyTue 07 Apr 2009, 3:05 pm

Wow!
It sounds like a lot of us are having some nightmares lately. I too had one last night, I give all of the credit though to the new book that I just finished. I thank goodness for my alarm clock this morning because I though I had had it.
On a serious note though.
ThirtyOne, my heart goes out to you for the loss of your son. I could never imagine the pain that you must feel. My son Kris is my everything, and my life. Everything that I do, he is a part of.
There is no need to apologize about your post, I know that even though we do have specific places to post certain items, it is not always the case. Sometimes we just have to say what we feel when we feel it.
My prayers are with you in the hope that one day you are able to have that baby that you want so much.
As always if you ever need us we are here for you. 24/7
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyTue 07 Apr 2009, 3:47 pm

Hi Dear Heart,

I too, feel for your lose. I find if I'm having bad dreams, if I will pray for a peaceful nights' rest, it will come. I believe there is power in prayer and what we want will come in time. If we can be happy where we are and not try so hard, a change will come out of nowhere. We will all be rewarded for enduring our pain one day. Thank you for sharing such a personal part of you. I hope you can find peace in time. Maybe there's a baby out there no one wants who may be waiting for you to come along? Just be as wonderful as you seem to be and things will come to you. I'm here too if you ever need to vent or say something to help me or others.

Yours,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
skeldeb

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 5:01 pm

Hi there everyone. I have been on suboxone for 2 months an are having the same problems with sleep. I wake up at least 5x a nite mainly to pee since i am drinking alot more due to dry mouth, but just like you i dont feel like i need anymore than a few hours a nite. I get up feeling better with just a few hrs than sleeping thru the whole night.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 10:33 pm

Hi.

I was wondering if you are a coffee drinker...or a late night snacker. If I eat before going to bed or have coffee after five in the afternoon, I wake up at night. I also get dry mouth during the night and keep a bottle of water beside my bed. A few sips and I go back to sleep. All areas of your life will smooth out as time goes by. Your body and mind is probably in a bit of shake up right now and is trying to figure out want you are doing. As soon as your new routine has taken place , I'm sure you will settle down. Just keep posting and sharing cause this way you pass your worries to another person and the load doesn't seem so heavy. I find also if I turn my television off in my bedroom, I don't wake up as often.

I hope some of this may help you. Discuss this with you doctor and see what he has to say about it.

Sweet dreams, Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
skeldeb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 12:46 pm

I dont drink any coffee before bed but I drink iced tea and alot of it during the day. I am soooo thirsty all the time. I might have a snack before bed like around 900 and go to bed @ 1100. As soon as I lie down my muscle start twitching and wake me up. I go to the dr 2 day so Ill see what she says. Keep u posted. Thank you so much!!!
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 1:45 pm

You're very welcome,
If I make strong ice tea, I will keep me up. Muscles twitching sounds like a potassium problem or an interaction with one of you medications. When I get in from work, I'll look it up. You deserve the best of care. I'll be back with you later tonight.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
skeldeb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 4:49 pm

Back from the dr. She is incresing my Neurontin to 400mg a day. I am taking 300 3x a day now for anxiety and marijuana addiction. It helps but makes me so thirsty. I guess I will have to get used to living with not much sleep. Just a part of addiction and I hate all the pills I have to take to get off of the pills tha I loved to take.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 10:37 pm

Hi skeldeb,
Iced Tea, unless it is decaffeinated does contain caffeine.
I too am a lover of Iced Tea, but if I drink it too late in the day, I can forget about sleep. At night I drink a cup of chamomile tea. It helps to relax me, I also take Melatonin before bedtime.
I've tried a lot of different medications for sleep but they all seemed to make me so out of it the next day. I can't even take the over the counter drugs they have out for sleep.

You mentioned that your doctor has you taking Neurontin. I used to also take Neurontin. My doctor put me on it for Sciatic Nerve pain. I will say that it did relax me. When I took it I felt like I had turned to spaghetti. My sister in law takes it for anxiety, and it does seem to help her a lot. I hope that it does the trick for you.
I wanted to let you know that your posts are appreciated, it makes the world of difference when members become involved in the forum. Thank you.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyThu 30 Apr 2009, 6:27 am

Hi skeldeb,

I'm just sending you some love to say I'm thinking of you and hope you find some relief. I took Neurontin once and it made me jump around like popcorn in my sleep. I had to stop taking it. This is just me, so don't think it will do this to you.

I'm off to work and wanted to say everyone have a good day. Look for the best in everything.

I'm here,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
skeldeb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyWed 20 May 2009, 7:07 pm

Hi there everyone. I really need some help with this one. I went to my Dr. yesterday and she has discharged me because my urine test was dirty from pot and for noncompliance with the program. As I followed her down the hall to my room I asked her how she was doing she said fine,but your in trouble. The minute I sat down she started screaming at me about smoking weed and how she couldnt write my anymore scripts for suboxone. Then my counselor came in to make matters worst. They both knew that I had been smoking but have dramiticallly cut down. My desktop urine test was clean but not the test that they sent out. (I took those tests a couple of weeks ago. They also knew that in order for me to stop smoking weed I had to be on 16mgs of sub which I couldnt afford. I went to and was telling her that I havent had a good nites sleep for weeks and that I needed something for sleep she gave me Trazodone 100mgs Question I seems like since this whole treatment thing started I am taking way too many pills that are costing my hubby alot of money,the whole point was to get help to get off of pills. I have spent alot of wasted time searching for help online,pharmacies, and different doctors rates to try to be able to afford 16mg,appt and group meeting costs and have not had ANY luck Evil or Very Mad So.. I dont know what they were thinking but they thougt that I was made by the courts or nursing boards to participate in this program or that my nursing license would be suspended or terminated. This is far from the truth,I still have a LPN license and wanted help/recovery on my own. So the are talking/yelling to me on how i just lost my license and how they couldnt jepordize their licenses by writing me more sub scripts if I am smokin weed. I do agreee that I screwed myself on not getting anymore services but what dos my license hve to do with it?? Nothing scratch I have been telling them for 2 months (as long as I have been on the program) that I cannot afford all the group sessions and the appts plus the cost of 16mgs per day ($370 month just for the sub))plus the cost of my other meds. So I sat there and cryed my head off. Crying or Very sad She never stopped yelling at my until I started yelling back Twisted Evil She was going on about how I have to be clean from sub in a few days and also from weed and that she wanted to see me back then for a urine test. I then asked her about the refills on my sub script she hollered again and said "I didn't give u any,nobody does" Well I have 3 refills on my sub. Suspect I asked her what would happen if I stopped treatment with them as she said that she would report me to the nursing boards, because I was made by them to go to treatment and in noncomplience. Evil or Very Mad I then screamed back at them and said "Havent you even listened to me or looked at my intake file it says that I was a voluntary patient and that no one made me to go. She that laughed and said "So, you really still have ur ticket (license) I dont believe you!! I then told her to go on the license site and type in my name. After I said that she calmed a bit. I left the office sobbing Embarassed everyone there looked at me. Sooo... I have 20 8 mg tabs left. I have been on 8mgs for 2 weeks now and feel ok. She didnt give me a taper plan after I asked her for one. She said that I wont get sick at all if I stopped 8mgs cold turkey. I have been on sub since March 4th and was prescribed 16mgs once daily but could'nt afford 16mgs,took 12mg for a bit and now down to 8mgs. Please help me I cannot get sick I thought that I was getting my life back in order and now I feel like im going to be back to square one. Shocked I have some meds that might help me thru w/d: Trazodone 100 at night for sleep,which do help,I took one last nite and slept better. Clonidine 0.2mgs for the last time I needed help with w/d, neurontin for anxiety, and effexor for deppresion. Seriously, the only chemical that helps with sleep,motivation,sex,nausea,anxiety,w/d from opiates and happiness in general is THC. Smile Sorry that this post is sooo long, but I dont post often. Please help me.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 8:22 am

Deb,
Mu heart is so full of hurt for you right now. The way your doctor and counselor yelled and talked down to you should never, never happen.
First if you have to withdrawal from the Suboxone, you have been on it is much shorter time than most people except for the ones that are put on it for a Detox tool. From March to now is, 2 1/2 months. I'm not trying to make light of your situation but trying to lighten the load mentally.
I won't say that you will not go into withdrawal from not taking your Suboxone. How can your doctor tell you that?

Why does your doctor want you back in a few days for a urine in a few days? Is she going to reinstate you as a patient? Why do you have to be "clean" from Suboxone?
If you are going back in three days for a urine, and are not to take any Suboxone until then, you should be okay.
I have had moments in the past, when I lost my insurance for about 6 months, I had to go without my Suboxone, after three days I still felt fine. Day four I was a little antsy. On day four when I felt antsy I took 1/4 of a tablet and it was like taking a whole 8mg tablet for me. I felt good as new.

Remember though I am not a doctor,(if I were I'd have a lot more compassion for my patients than most doctors have)
I can only share with you my experience.

The other day, Deborah posted something that I think you might want to read.
I think you will find the post helpful.
https://suboxone.forumotion.com/questions-and-information-f5/how-long-does-suboxone-stay-in-your-system-t373.htm#1712

I really wish that I could think of a way to make you feel better. I am speechless. No patient should be treated as you were. Doctors and counselors are not God, yet sometimes that is how they portray themselves.
If you do get kicked out of that practice, please report that doctor as soon as you can. Don't wait. It needs to be done.
We all care about you, in the short time that you have been here with us, you have touched our hearts.
I will be back here later on this afternoon to see how you are doing.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
SpicySuz

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 10:20 am

hi deb
my name is suz and my sons story is posted in this forum. He too went through alot before he found a good Suboxone doctor. < We are in N.Y. also >
From your story it looks to me like you have enough Suboxone to get you through about 3 weeks?
It also sounds like she intends to take you back. Why else would she have you coming back for a urine test? In the meantime, since you went for treatment on your own..it gives you time to shop for a new doctor.
I went to http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org/12.html this is a matching site for people seeking a suboxone doctor. Maybe it can help you.
Also there are sites you can find online to find Suboxone doctors in your area. Go to google and type in You obviously will be going back to this doctor... So write down what you want to talk to her about. Make sure she knows you expect her to listen to you this time.
This was a wake up call for you. Now you know to stay away from the weed and try something else to sleep. I'm sure as a nurse you know that benedryl should do the trick as it is the ingrediant in most over the counter sleep meds.
I am encouraging you to get clean and stick with the subs. In time it will do the trick and lead you out of your nightmare.
I know as a mom of an addict that at times it takes white knuckle willpower but it will be worth it. Finding the right doctor is major part of this equation.
If you need to talk just wirte me deb. I can be a good cheerleader if thats what you need .. Though my pom poms are a bit droopy ! hahahahaha
lots of hugs and prayers
Suz
Back to top Go down
skeldeb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 3:27 pm

Smile Hi there Dee and Spicy Suz I will try to fill in the gaps of my previous post as best as I can. The dr wanted me to get off the subs becuse she was only worried about her license being revoked d/t me taking suboxone and smoking weed,she made that quite clear. "I CANNOT SEE YOU ANYMORE BECAUSE I LIKE MY TICKET AND SO DOES YOUR COUNSELOR Evil or Very Mad " She wanted me to come back in only to make sure that I wasnt taking any more suboxone and or weed via urine test and thats all. She doesnt intend to continue to write me anymore scripts for any of my meds. I am getting sub,neurontin and trazodone from her. She said that if I needed any more traz or neurontin I would have to see my general practice dr. This is so hard for anyone to understand and harder for someone that is a recoving addict that has PAWS like me. confused But... when I asked her if I could continue taking my subs until my scripts ran out (I have 3) she denied giving me any refills and got really,really mad at me for even asking her. Twisted Evil Maybe she made a mistake by giving me refills and didnt want the counselor to know about it???? Suspect She wanted to know the pharmacy I used to get my subs,I told her, but maybe I shouldnt have,she is probably going to call them and take my refills away. I just wish I knew her plan , that way I could take my time with my taper, 3 months is alot easier than 20 days.

About the sleeping issue,I have tryed benadryl, numerous times,with no help. My pharmacist said that taking it can be worse because it has a diuretic effect that is making me get up to urinate more often. The traz kinda works but omg dry mouth is horrible,I fall asleep with candy in my mouth and are afraid of choking in the night. Sleep

The plan for now is to taper off the subs completely, eventually stop the neurontin and the trazodone, keep taking my effexor and heartburn med since I have been taking these for years with no problems,and keep away from the vicodin. My general dr,dentist and all pharmacists in my area are aware of my addiction so they wont write my any scripts for opiates Smile I never got them from friends (I dont have any) and I dont go to any parties,or on the street the pharmacy was the only place where I would get them via a Dr. I dont have any insurance so I cannot see a dr for pain anyway. I will be honest if I ever need opiates for pain. Hopefully,nothing will happen to me to need them and if so,I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I cannot honestly say that I will quit weed,but I have cut down dramactically from 4 bowls (pipes) a day to 2 bowls on the weekends when Im in my boat fishing with my hubby. I love you I have a good support system, my husband hates opiates and has given me a ultimatum vicodin or me I pick him I cannot and will not throw away 21yrs of marriage away. My daughters and brother are there for me too, and theres always NA. I am going to start going again. I want to be free from opiates and drugs that stop you from sleeping, urinating,having a healthy sex life,depression,having a comfortable bowel movements, and most of all, I little more money in my pocket. I need to start getting up in the morning,feeling good and going to work.

This forum is great. I can feel the compassion and empathy in every word you all type. I know that I will be fine. I have you,my family my puppy and God. Thank you sooo much for your kind words. Debbie Fredonia NY
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 3:58 pm

Hello there Skeldeb,
I won't even bother with any small talk. You and I really need to talk! Dee had mentioned you to me before (that you & I had quite a bit in common with what we're enduring & could probabaly relate well with each other!) & I was confused as to who she was referring to, as my ever so quick mind finally figured out that you are Debbie!?! DUH!?! Rolling Eyes As I was reading your above post, I felt like I could've been writing the majority of it myself. I have the exact same feelings about going to my doctor (voluntarily also!) Also, to let you know, I didn't lose my dental licensing either! I dread my appointments, most times, days in advance.. Simply put, I just need that Suboxone prescription. (period) My hubby is in the same boat as yours- paying for way too many meds that I can't even take. (and that we cannot afford!!) I feel like I could nearly open my own pharmacy with all of the meds from all the ones we've filled & tried that I have been unable to take. I have bottles full of such meds as Lithium, Stavzor, Librium.. Need I go on? As you said, I went to get off all of these pills & am now on more than when I started. Question My doctor whose title is "Psychiatrist/Addiction Specialist" also has me on (or I guess I should say, this is what I am taking) Obviously, the Suboxone, then also Zoloft & Tranzene. This "addiction specialist" just put this addict on another habit forming medication, as I will also take my blame for this. Normally, I research & ask opinions from knowledgable people about the scripts that she's been sending me to the pharmacy with. Yet, this time she had been so positive throughout the 2 minute appointment & assured me that this anti-anxiety medication would help me settle down, that I left her office feeling so optimistic that I just went & filled it. It did help me feel a million times better than I had in too long. As well as helping to stop "shaking" as the Lithium that I'd tried, had me falling apart. (Literally, seizures,etc) I'm also diagnosed with "GAD" (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) & Depression. These were already known to her, as I've known for years & included that information at my initial appointment, as well as on my initial paperwork. My Mom, (who is also a nurse) told me that didn't make sense to put me on a benzo with my drug abuse history. Yet, I'd already been taking it for 2 months at that point. I assured my Mom that an "Addiction Specialist" would never put an addict on this type of medication. (until I researched it myself, as I should've done at the beginning!!) Never doubt Mom! You know, I'm sorry, I came onto here to respond to your post or to possibly help you out & I'm just going on about myself. If you get to know me, you'll quickly figure out that once I start writing & "venting" it out, there seems to be no stopping me. (other than my little ones!) Wink Well, just to finish that above story, I asked my doctor why she'd put me on a benzo & she told me that she wasn't planning on keeping me on it, that she'd actually been planning on not writing me that script today. (it was already written out until I said something) Now, as we all know, your body does get quite dependant on these meds & you can't "just stop" taking 45 mg of Tranzene per day. I asked her about that & she assured me that is correct. She wouldn't just cut me off. I left with a script that went from 45 mgs per day to 15 mgs. (didn't work) I am now taking 30 mgs of Tranzene, 200 mgs of Zoloft & 24 mgs of Suboxone daily. (Before I started going to her, I was down to 12 mgs of Suboxone per day) She told me that wasn't even close to the dose that I needed, if I planned on staying "clean!" Suspect At that point, I wasn't on the RXAssistance Program & it costed $33.00 per day ($999.00) per month, just for the med. Not including the visits, couseling, UAs, etc. I would love to help you in anyway possible to getting you into this RXAssistance Program, as I've learned so much about it throughout this journey. This is actually the first month that I've received it free of cost. As I've been calling different offices, I've actually given out the info about this program to several of them that have no idea about the details of this program. (if they know about it at all) So, it is certainly better to go in as knowledgable as possible, as many of these doctors are just trying to learn about this treatment & details themselves. An officce manger that I spoke to yesterday asked me who Reckitt Benckiser even was??? This has been a long process for me & I hope that we could possibly shorten the length of time that it'd take to get you into the program. It actually really can all be handled within one week to ten days. (if everyone has their "ducks in a row") I have gone on & on, but please don't let me scare you off. If you need anything, I am here and care about you & your situation.
Just hang on....
Hugs & Strength to you, my friend!
Yours in this Battle,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 10:00 pm

Bethy, you are a doll. You really care about others. We need you here and so glad in your busy day, find time to assist us with your well thought out advice.

Debbie, if it's your will to find recovery, then you will. Something will happen to help you. I've lived on blind faith most of my life and have lived almost 66 years. I know things look dark now, but it will lighten up for you. Do as most of us have said and find another doctor. You have enough medicine to last you till you do. Just don't panic and start thinking backwards. Hold your sword as a badge of honor and go forward. You may think you're in a big mess, but use this as a wake up. I smoked pot from the fifty's till a few years ago. I use to love the stuff...now it just makes me paranoid. I've gotten into more trouble because of pot. It has blown a lot of opportunities for me. I did like you...did less and less untill I just didn't want any. I have a friend that does it and she will ask me every now and then and I'll tell her, "No, go ahead." I'm hoping the same thing will happen with my Suboxone. This coming August I'll have 18 years without a drink of alcohol. I was a down and out drunk at one time. Now, I'm a senior member of my union in good standing. My Mom lives with me. (She has her own house behind my place.) She would have never came to live with me if I hadn't gotten straight.

Debbie, just hang in there and something is just around the corner for you. Look for the silver lining in the cloud that is over you right now. I'll be pulling for you.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern   Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern Empty

Back to top Go down

Day 6 Suboxone - Noticing Sleep Issue Pattern
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next