Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Particular

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful Empty
PostSubject: Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful   Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful EmptyTue 03 Mar 2009, 4:31 am

Hello everyone,

Today was day 5 of Suboxone, and I'm feeling something that is very nice, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well. Today was a very different day for me. I felt a strange confidence the entire day. It was very subtle but refreshing. I just felt an ease over me that everything was going to be ok now. I noticed it more at work, because I have a very stressful job with a lot of responsibilities. Today everything was just ok, nothing really seemed to get to me, and everything felt manageable. Today was also the first day that I felt no withdrawals at all, in fact I felt physically better than normal. The entire day had a nice clarity to it as well, as if I could think slightly clearer.

I took antidepressants for years, but never experienced any benefits from them, but I've heard what the benefits were supposed to be, and today really fit what I was told I would receive with antidepressants, but never have.

I hope this continues and isn't some kind of side effect of the suboxone Smile Well even if it is, I'm thankful for it. I've had lots of days where I would be manic, but this was nothing like the mania of unbalance, and I guess if I had to sum it up in one word I would have to use *peace*

I hope everyone is doing well. I think about all of you a lot, and I push warm thoughts of encouragement and love to each of you everyday many times...

~Your Partner In Recovery,
~Particular...
Back to top Go down
ssouthern

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful   Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful EmptyTue 03 Mar 2009, 5:47 pm

great for you.. im scared of this suboxone. I want to a lortab so bad but once I take one, I will feel so guily. I will feel good when I can say what you just said.
Back to top Go down
Beinok

Beinok

Female
Number of posts : 16
Humor : Great sense of humor
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful   Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful EmptyTue 03 Mar 2009, 7:43 pm

ssouthern wrote:
great for you.. im scared of this suboxone. I want to a lortab so bad but once I take one, I will feel so guily. I will feel good when I can say what you just said.
Hi ssouthern,
I lived on lortab (norco, vicodin, etc.) for so many years. Taking Suboxone alleviates that feeling of guilt, not to mention the craving for the lortab! It's a winning combo Very Happy Hang in there, take the Suboxone if it has been prescibed. If not, please give it a chance. I never thougt I would/could live without my lortab. I can't even describe how much better I feel on Suboxone - it makes lortab seem like taking an aspirin Wink /Good luck!
Beinok
Back to top Go down
Particular

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful   Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful EmptyTue 03 Mar 2009, 9:02 pm

Southern,

Please stay with it. I really doubted that it would work for me the first few days, and now there is no doubt. Some people it works for right away, and some it takes longer, but you will get there if you keep taking one day at a time.

Your Partner in Recovery,
~Particular...
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful   Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful EmptyTue 03 Mar 2009, 11:24 pm

Particular,
It sounds like your finally settling in on your dose. It is a great feeling isn't it. There will still be a few bumps in the road, but nothing like you have already been through.
Spring is on it's way and a great time for a new beginning. Take some time for you, do something nice for yourself, weather it be a long walk getting in touch with nature or spending a quiet evening with your wife. Enjoy yourself.
You have worked very hard for it and you deserve it.

southern,
Hang in there please and give Suboxone a try. Life is to short not to be able to enjoy any of it. I can understand your fear of the unknown, what will your life be like without lortab? What will you do when you can't turn to them for relief?
Beinok is right about Suboxone, it takes away your cravings and the guilt. Suboxone alone won't be enough but combined with counseling it will make the world of difference in your life.
let us know how you are please.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful   Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 12:48 am

Hi Southern, I been on suboxone since 08-14-08. I too didn't think I could live without my pills. But the first day of taking suboxone changed my life for the better. I still crave once in awhile but not like before. Don't give up! Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful   Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful Empty

Back to top Go down

Day 5 Suboxone - Sharing Something Wonderful
Page 1 of 1