Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sharing my way

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Sharing my way Empty
PostSubject: Sharing my way   Sharing my way EmptySat 06 Mar 2010, 1:21 pm

Hello to all,

I mentioned in my introduction to Far Right about getting off of my Suboxone. As a lot of you know I've been wanting to taper off for quite some time. This Monday I decided for many reasons I decided it was time. I can't say enough of what a life saver the medicine and you good people have gotten me together enough to know it's time to finish. My doctor told me I would know when I could physically and mentally make a decision to withdraw. I can't say it's been all that easy. I've spent a lot of time sleeping and just staring at the wall. Today I still feel like a bundle of nerves, but I must follow through. I haven't a husband or boyfriend to hold me, but I have my dear animals I can love on. This has been the biggest challenge, except when I first started my recovery. I just thought of how you people have protected me against myself and helped me when I had no one to understand. I'll always stay here to let people know there is a way to taper off.
I was at 2 milligrams when I quit. This seemed to no longer do anything for me. I couldn't see the reason to go up on my medicine when this is what I did when I was on opiates. I just needed more and more. The expense was just too much for me and be able to keep the bills paid and keep my animals fed. I feel good as far as knowing I can make it.

I'm off to work in a bit, so I'll close for now. I'll stay in close contact as you are what I need for support. As Dee said everybody is different with their recovery. I'm in constant prayer for myself and all of you who are trying to recover.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Sharing my way Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my way   Sharing my way EmptySat 06 Mar 2010, 8:13 pm

Barbara
If you need anything let us know. We will be here for you as always. Are you on any of your other medications right now?
Are you thinking about starting the treatment for the Hep-C ? So many questions for you.
I know this has been a difficult time for you, Suboxone really isn't good for patients that have problems with their liver and I am sure that has a lot to do with how you are feeling. Once it clears your body ( the Suboxone) you may feel better.
Remember that you don't have to do this alone. We are here.
Also remember if you get to a point that you don't feel you can do this, there is nothing wrong with trying an alternative treatment. I know a lot of people won't agree with me and that is okay. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I only wish for the best for you.
I will talk to you later,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Sharing my way Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my way   Sharing my way EmptySat 06 Mar 2010, 11:18 pm

My Dear Dee,

I've just gotten in and I hurt everywhere. I know I have your support and for this, I'm grateful. I have an appointment with my stomach doctor on the ninth of this month. I don't plan to take the Interferon or Rebitron. I got so very sick last time. I'm hoping Hepatitis is something I'll die with rather than die from. I'm really leaving things in God's Hands and go from there. Life is so uncertain and one minute I'm well and the next I'm searching for something isn't right.

Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Sharing my way Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my way   Sharing my way EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 11:42 pm

Just to let all of you know I made it through the weekend and even worked two shows. My appetite is better and I feel like moving around instead of sitting or laying aorund when I'm home. I'm not up to par yet, but I know or hope and pray I will be. The sadness is still there with feeling happy when I think of being clean of opiates and its antagonist.

I'm tired, but wanted to check in with my buds to let you know I'm really trying to make it. I have an appointment with my tummy doctor tomorrow.

I wish wellness to you Dee. Also to Deborah. You both are queens of my heart. I'm not much for words right now.I just wanted you to know this. Beth, thank you for your E mail. Cathy, it's good to hear from you too. My friend, Sammy I think of you and thank you for your constant friendship.

Love to you all,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Sharing my way Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my way   Sharing my way EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 3:18 pm

God bless you Barbara!! Sharing my way Icon_cheers
We are all here for you through it all, just as you have been for us through everything. You remain in my constant prayers!!
Yours in this struggle,
Beth Sharing my way Herz
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Sharing my way Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my way   Sharing my way EmptyThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:42 pm

Thanks Beth,

Listen I wanted to call you the other day, but I lost my phone with my numbers. I seem to be doing okay. My energy levels go up and down. I think I'm a bit lazy when it comes to getting things done. I need to go to the bank and get feed from the feedstore. I also need to buy groceries, but I'm just going to buy what I need. I should go ahead and buy for the whole week, but I don't have the want to or commond sense to do it on Thursday instead of leaving it for the weekend. Oh well, we are known for keeping things complicated, or at least, I am.

Good as always to hear from you. Let me know how you are and what you are doing.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sharing my way Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my way   Sharing my way Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharing my way
Page 1 of 1