Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcoming s dunker 1956

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcoming s dunker 1956 Empty
PostSubject: Welcoming s dunker 1956   Welcoming s dunker 1956 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 11:26 am

Hello and Welcome! Cool
My name is Dee, one of the moderators here at "A Light At The End Of The Tunnel." Our other moderator is Barbara Rue, she will be here to welcome you as soon as she is able to.
In the meantime, if you have any questions at all please let us know. Wink
I have been in recovery for almost 7 years, four of those years I was on Methadone, the last 2 1/2 years I have been on Suboxone.
Please feel free to look around and read the posts of others, when you feel up to it, introduce yourself and let us know a little bit about you. Are you currently taking Methadone or Suboxone? Some of our members take Methadone, some take Suboxone.
I look forward to meeting you.
Remember if you need anything just ask.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee

Need answers, and don't know where to go;
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming s dunker 1956   Welcoming s dunker 1956 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 2:12 pm

Hi S. Dunker!

I'm Barbara and glad to see you here. I just got in the door from seeing my foot and ankle doctor. I had surgery on my foot and after six weeks, I got released to go back to work. This is something needed to be done years ago, but because of taking pain pills, I could tollerate it and work.

I'm in hopes you are feeling well. I know if you stay with us, if you aren't feeling well, you will be. This is a promise. I'd love to hear from you and get to know you.
We are pretty friendly here and comrade around each other.

When you feel you can, reply to us. Let's see what we can do.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
s_dunker_1956

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming s dunker 1956   Welcoming s dunker 1956 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2009, 10:25 pm

Hi,
First thing I want to tell you about us is that it is my son Cory that should be here,but he won't do it YET.I am his mother and helping him get off painkillers and I'm not sure what all else,there are some things I don't really need to know.4 years ago my hell on earth began when I got a phone call from the hospital telling me Cory was in a motorcycle accident,he broke his back ,his hip,his collerbone,and crushed both feet.I watcshed my son suffer for 4 years and went threw many operations.He was lucky everyone said.He can walk and just went threw another surgery Dec.19TH That is when I learned of his addiction.But it was him that made the app. with the suboxone dr.He is on 24 grams a day,but after doing alot of research and help from this site,I found out he has been taking it the wrong way.His Dr. told him he could swollow the pills,because he hated the taste and was gagging.I only have one question now,He has been swolling them for 3 weeks now so does this mean he is cured? From the info I got,he is not getting any benifets from it by taking it this way. Sad

Last edited by nannamom on Sun 17 Jan 2010, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change font color)
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming s dunker 1956   Welcoming s dunker 1956 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2009, 10:42 pm

Hi,

I'd check with his doctor, but be aware there are a lot of doctors who want you to stay on the Suboxone for the money each month. If he isn't in any pain and can go without, I'd say go for it and more power to you. Suboxone only helped me with pain when I was on a high dose of 24 milligrams a day. Ask him to go a day with out any meds and then another day, then another day. It's just a wait and see thing. If he has the slightest feelings of wanting to use, I'd get him back into treatment and take it the way you're suppose to. I don't like the taste either and it takes me forever to get the medicine down. I'm now at 4 milligrams a day and looking forward to tapering very slowly off til I'm done.

I hope I have helped some and send my best to Cory.

Yours in the struggle, Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming s dunker 1956   Welcoming s dunker 1956 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2009, 7:38 pm

Hello,
Your son's doctor was definately wrong in telling him to swallow the Suboxone, yes the taste is horrible, but I'd rather deal with the taste rather than go back to using which is what I would end up doing if I was not taking them.
Does your sons doctor have him in any type of counseling along with his medication? You mentioned that your son just recently had another surgery, what if anything does he take for his pain?
There is no cure for addiction. By taking Suboxone we treat the symptoms. It enables us to continue on with our lives.
How does you son feel about his addiction right now? Have you talked to him about it?
I know this must be hard for you not knowing what to do or how to help him. You are doing the right thing by educating yourself. I admire you for the support you are giving your son. A lot of people would have gave up instead of trying to do what you are, not because they don't care but because they don't know any other way.
Please talk to your son about making an appointment with his doctor so the both of you can talk to him and ask him questions. Go to our websites and gather all of the information that you can about Suboxone copy it and take it with you.
We are here if you need us.
You and Cory both are in my prayers.
Yours,
Dee

www.medicalassistedtreatment.org

www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming s dunker 1956   Welcoming s dunker 1956 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 12:45 am

Hi Mr. Dunker,

Like Dee said, get as much information you can copied down and take it to a qualified doctor to treat Suboxone. Ask questions and keep asking until you have gotten a clear idea of what's to happen to recover from opiates. Every body is different...Cory could be cured by some chance. If you want to quit badly enough, you can believe in a door knob and it will get you into recovery. My best to you and your son. I give you so much respect for what you are doing. Let us know what happens.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Rue on Thu 26 Feb 2009, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming s dunker 1956   Welcoming s dunker 1956 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcoming s dunker 1956
Page 1 of 1