Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity Empty
PostSubject: Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity   Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 2:39 pm

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace during a storm.
--Anonymous

We learn in our recovery that life has a way of recreating itself. This discovery is one we are taught not to fight. We remember how badly we hurt when things would pass away from us, whether it was a lost doll, a lost dog, or a lost dad. We closed ourselves off from the possibility that anything of value could come from the loss. Yet the doll was replaced, a cat came into our lives, and a father figure emerged.

The key to staying on our Program is to remember that life does recreate itself. There will be many moments when we find ourselves squarely in the middle of a passing away. We will be hurt and wonder how we can go on.

Not to worry, this too shall pass. This cold winter of a moment will break soon into a sunny spring of a future.

There can be no comings if there are no goings. Life can't be recreated if there is no passing away. I need to remember that sometimes it is darkest before daybreak.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity   Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 4:39 pm

very well said
Thank you Monica
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity   Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

I didn't actually say it just cut and paste from emails i receive daily from hazelden.org. Most of the thoughts they send out are wonderful and seem to address what I'm going thru or what I know someone else is going thru.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity   Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity Empty

Back to top Go down

Todays thought from Hazelden: Serenity
Page 1 of 1