Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today's Thought from Hazeldon July 8 2012

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Today's Thought from Hazeldon July 8 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Today's Thought from Hazeldon July 8 2012   Today's Thought from Hazeldon July 8 2012 EmptySun 08 Jul 2012, 9:25 pm

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Peeling Off Layers

As we work our program, we peel off layers of old, worn out thoughts and habits. The Program gives us a place to share old hurts and fears so that we are able to get rid of them. Our recovering friends accept us and give us the benefit of their experience. With their help, we are able to leave the old layers behind and move ahead.

We never stop learning and growing. When we are ready to accept it, our Higher Power reveals just as much truth to us as we can assimilate. Our Higher Power directs our progress through the Steps of this program as we are prepared to take them.

If we are sincere in our efforts, the right help will come when we need it. It may come through another member, a piece of literature, a new insight, or even a difficult experience. Peeling off and discarding worn out layers of ourselves is hard work and is often painful. But when we look back and see how we have grown, the satisfaction more than outweighs the pain.

Guide me as I peel away and leave behind the useless thoughts and habits I have accumulated.

Me personally this describes what I'm doing in my recovery. This is the first part of my journey and I will peel off many more layers as the journey continues.
Back to top Go down

Today's Thought from Hazeldon July 8 2012
Page 1 of 1