Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week Empty
PostSubject: ALL MEMBERS RESPOND !!   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptySat 19 May 2012, 8:13 pm

If you read this, PLEASE (Who says New Yorkers aren't polite) respond to the following question:

How long have you been on Suboxone ?

How has as the length of time helped you? Or are you trying to taper and having problems?

I would really like to start a conversation with ALL members here.
I had another thread up asking for help with a problem. I can understand people not answering, maybe not wanting
to give advice I might not even take, or might take and then it didnt work out. I don't know what it is, but only Dee helped me out with suggestions.

So, this isnt about ME, it's about YOU ~ the member that is on Suboxone, you visit here for a reason, it would be great to hear from you.

I am about the shyest person you'd meet in real life, but on here, it doesnt matter does it?

Oh, Crap. I almost didnt answer the question

I am a newbie, only on Suboxone a little over 4 months. It literally saved my life. I have no immediate plans to taper and get off, but I am struggling to find a dose that works for me.
I am guessing that I'll be on it about a year. But who knows.

Can't wait to hear your stories.
Back to top Go down
ircavnar666

ircavnar666

Female
Number of posts : 22
Humor : with the help of my family and friends i know i can do this.
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 10:40 am

im new to this sight so hello everyone! ive been taking suboxone now for 2 months and 1 day. so far its been the best decision i made for me and my family. im 22 and have 2 great kids. daughter 4 son 17 months and my hubby who i adore more than life itself. i was taking pain pills on and off for 10 years. then last year my wisdom teeth got real bad i couldnt stand the pain. i would take up to 10 a day sometimes. which isnt that bad i know. my mom took up to 30 in a day but has now been sober for 1 year 2 months and 3 days and she takes methadone.anyways i take 1 strip a day. i have my good days and bad days. my bad bad days are the worst. i cry all day feel guilty about the whole situation and almost feels like im starting over again. i know im not alone but i feel like i am. my dr wants me to go to meetings but i cant because theyre at night and we only have one car and my husband gets home when it starts. alot of drama i know. sorry if i dont answer back fast enough but please. someone help me through this. i know im young but maybe i can help you too.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 11:32 am

Hello ircavnar, you have made a wonderful decision. You are young and have a wonderful life ahead of you. I am also a mother and I know about the guilt you are experiencing. It is so hard to look at the mistakes we make in our addictions and not feel guilt and shame. Try to remember that you have done something to control your addictions very early in your children's lives and that is wonderful. You mentioned that you can't attend meetings because of transportation issues. You can get support on line and you may be able to get phone numbers of some people who could help you locally at your provider. You are embarking on an incredible journey so try to enjoy the ride. You need to try to forgive yourself for your mistakes and focus on the positive things in your life. You are fortunate that you have not destroyed your family. Good Luck and God Bless you.
Back to top Go down
ircavnar666

ircavnar666

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 12:23 pm

monica

thank you so much for your support. im glad my dr told me about this sight. just talking about it with people who are going through the same thing just in different ways. it helps knowing youre not alone. god bless you and your family
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 1:13 pm

[i][b]
Ircavar,welcome to the site.

I always love hearing and seeing young ppl get into recovery.You have so much life ahead of you and for your children. Your children are still young so there is not much you need to feel guilty about. You giving them the best gift,your recovery.
Don't let any guilt eat you up it will only hurt you. That was yesterday,today is a new start.

We are starting a new live chat tonight. We actually started it last Monday at 7PM. If you can make it that would be great.

Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 1:24 pm

A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week Groupw10

Good afternoon everyone!
We had four new members join us this last week. Let's take some time to welcome them into our home.
ahmee from Arizona, ircavnarr from Texas, tinaburger from Idaho and straar50- Welcome to The light at the end of the tunnel all of you. Please make yourself at home and read the posts from the other members, when your comfortable please post and tell us a little bit about yourself. I know that sometimes when you are new to a forum it is hard to open up to people you don't know but I promise you, we are all here for you.

If you have any questions about Suboxone, your recovery or just want to talk this is the place to be. As long as you are a member of this forum no one here will judge, make fun of or belittle you for anything that you may have done in the past. We are a support forum for Medication Assisted Recovery and that is just what we do: Support.
We have some really great members, some have been taking Suboxone for quite some time and some are just starting so whatever it is you need I'm sure someone here can relate to how your feeling.

Before I forget, we just started a chat twice a week. The chat is on Monday's and Thursday's at 7:30 pm Eastern time please join us. It will be a great opportunity to open up and get to know one another. Hope to see you there!
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
ircavnar666

ircavnar666

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 1:51 pm

thank you so much everyone. im sure i will love this place and the people here. i was wondering about the chat? all i have is internet and home phone. no webcam or anything. what time? what do i do? i was also wondering just how things work on here? are we required to talk? sometimes im not able to get on the computer. but again thank you so much to everyone who has already made me feel so welcome. i know people wont judge me here. im so excited now. it feels like i have a lot of new friends now Laughing
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 3:13 pm

Hi ircavnar666,
Please excuse the backwardness of this thread, it is my fault I'm afraid as I tried to merge two and really made a mess of things.

To attend the chat all you need is your computer no web cam. If you look at the home page of the forum you should see a big white box underneath the navigation buttons for the forum. At the top of that box on the right hand side it says log in, click on that link and it will log you into the chat. That is all there is to it.
If you need any help later on, just post or send one of us a pm and we will be glad to guide you.
The moderator of the forum is Blue Eyes, she isn't online right now but will be here as soon as she gets out of work. Your going to love her.

Please don't feel alone, you do have a lot of new friend now. Anytime that you need to come and talk we will be here and if we aren't online at the time someone will check in soon after.
Be very proud of yourself, you have taken a big step in your recovery. Two months is great- Congratulations!
Dee
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Emergency Room   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 6:55 pm

I am sorry to post this, but I will not be here for chat.

I have an emergency here at the house.

I am taking my daughter to the emergency room tonight. She took a bad fall and either, sprained or twisted her ankle.
She cannot walk at all.

Again, I am very sorry I wont be here
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 7:55 pm

I hope she's okay. Please let us know how she is, don't worry about the chat there's always Thursday
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 11:07 pm

Hello everyone,
I posted this in another thread, I'm not even sure where ! OH ! It was the chat announcement

Anyway, it was way worse than I thought.
She broke her foot ! Crying or Very sad
Poor kid has crutches and an air boot.

If someone has room for an xtra prayer for her, we'd sure appreciate it ! I love you
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 7:24 am

Hello,
I wanted to write again and welcome our new members.
This is a wonderful place that I'm sure you will find great support here.

ircavnar666 - Welcome ! I had sent you a private message last night, not sure you know how to find it !! The tab is located on the top of the page. But I just wanted to tell you here, please don't feel guilty when it comes to your children. They are young - and your doing the best thing by getting clean.

My children saw alot more than I ever wanted them too. But, even saying that, I am glad that they know what I went through, and maybe it will help them to make the right choices in their lives.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!
And that goes for all our new members: please attend chat, it's great to talk "live" with other people going through what your going through. If you have issues or concerns we can talk about it.

Much love, peace, and good health
Back to top Go down
ircavnar666

ircavnar666

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

im not quite sure where to write or post on here yet so im just gonna do it here. first off id like to introduce myself. my name is randi. im 22 stay at home mom to daughter 4 and son 17 months. ive been taking suboxone for just over 2 months and feeling ok. i dont wanna say normal cuz it just doesnt feel like that yet. my mom is also in recovery but she takes methadone. i guess i stay depressed alot cuz im at home so much. my husband just got a new job so hes working more hours now and i miss him terribly. im just rambling now. im not sure what to say i guess. maybe i can make some new friends on here. and maybe get more help with my recovery. until next time guys. Question
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 6:25 pm

Hi Randi and Welcome ~

Congratulations on getting your life back ! That's awesome, and your still so young. You have a long and drug free life to live and watch your babies grow !!

You can come here and ramble all you want it's cool with us!
I don't want you to feel your alone, we are all in this together.

2 months is great ! What is your dose at? How many times are you dosing a day ?
Tell as much of your story as your want, or as little as you want. We are hear to listen !
Back to top Go down
ircavnar666

ircavnar666

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 7:44 pm

i take 1 strip a day. its not alot but my dr thinks i might be here for another year or 2.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 7:57 pm

My Dr feels the same way. Although he hasnt come right out and said it.
I think he's leaving is up to me.
I've been on it almost 6 months. I definately don't see myself getting off for at least another year.
I really do, IMO, think our brains need time to heal.
I really partied hard for a while there. I mean, I could snort Opana 80's at a few at a pop and still go about my day. Of course, I'd be so high Im nodding off, but you know what I mean.

So, how can I come off of doing that, and NOT take a year or two to heal.
Again, just my opinion of myself.

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 2:54 pm

If one strip a day is what it takes to help you and keep you in recovery and your doing good on that dose then that is what is good for you.
Anytime that you want to come and post, please do. We are here for you.
Some of us are here more than others but usually there is someone here throughout the day.

Is there anyway that you can get out of the house to try to get rid of some of the depression that your feeling? I know it must be hard when you other half is working so much.
let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

WE do have our chat every Monday and Thursday at 7:30 pm EST and you are most welcome to join us. What a better way to meet new friend!
In fact, today is Monday, why don't you join us
Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week   A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week Empty

Back to top Go down

A light at the end of the tunnel welcomes 4 new members this week
Page 1 of 1