Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS Empty
PostSubject: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS   ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 5:51 pm

I noticed quite a few new member joined our forum. I would like to WELCOME YOU ALL !!! flower

When you have time, please post here and introduce yourself.
Tell a little bit, or a lot about yourself, whatever you prefer.

Are you on Suboxone, or are you thinking about it Question

Don't be shy ! We are all in this together. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS   ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS EmptyMon 04 Jun 2012, 7:11 pm

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS Waterd10

Like Blue Eyes, I would like to welcome all of our new members to The light at the end of the tunnel. Please give us a chance to help you. I know that being new to a forum can be kind of scary at first but I promise you, you have nothing to be nervous about.
We are a support forum for Suboxone Patients, families and people who are thinking about starting Suboxone. When you first decide to enter into recovery there are many questions that need to be answered and we like to help you.

Take in the forum and read the postings of our other members. Make yourself at home. We care about each and every one of you.
As Blue Eyes said: "We are all in this together"
I am looking forward to meeting all of you very soon,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS   ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS EmptyThu 07 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

Hello to all. My name is Monica. I am currently in Suboxone treatment and I am tapering off of the medication. I am also very active in NA in my community, which is a very small town making the anonymous part a problem, and as most of you know NA frowns on maintenance medications. A friend and I are working to develop some type of real world group that includes the spirituality and practical parts of the NA 12 steps with support and knowledge of maintenance medication. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any input any of you may have.

I will post more of my personal story when I have more time, but I would like to say that Suboxone has been a very important part of my recovery. I feel that the Suboxone allowed me to be relieved of my compulsion to use drugs so that I could concentrate on working on the things that really made me an addict and that was the many issues I was either trying to avoid or numb the pain from. In my experience the most effective combination for recovery is maintenance medication and support groups. Recovery is hard work regardless of which road you take and contrary to what many abstinence based support groups believe, Suboxone is not replacing one drug for another when it is taken appropriately and combined with an effective program of recovery that helps the individual develop the coping strategies that allow people to deal with life on life's turns that so many of us didn't develop prior to becoming addicts or during our addictions. I would also like to say that I have cut my dose in half over the last year under my doctor's supervision and have experienced no withdrawal symptoms at all. Also for those of you whose abuse profile is high who have been told that Suboxone may not be an appropriate treatment for those with very high tolerances or very long standing substance abuse problems, I would like to say that I used for nearly 15 years before I ever even tried to get clean and I don't get into specifics about my drug of choice and dosages but I will say that the amounts of opiates I used should have killed me and Suboxone is working for me much better than the methadone I was originally told to try (which was very unsuccessful in my case).

Remember recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached. Enjoy the journey and celebrate the gift of recovery every day. Never forget the hell you have lived and hopefully you will never wish to live it again. Good Luck to each and every one of you in your journey. I look forward to reading your posts.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS   ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS EmptyThu 07 Jun 2012, 9:49 pm

Monica,

Hello and welcome, ( I know you've been a member for a while but it's your first post I believe).

I love the idea you have for the support group. I thought about doing that where I am. A group of people could get together that are all on maintenance medication. There is nothing around like that.

I love your attitude about recovery, I feel the same way. When you said the following:

"Remember recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached. Enjoy the journey and celebrate the gift of recovery every day. Never forget the hell you have lived and hopefully you will never wish to live it again."

I do enjoy and celebrate the gift I have been given thats called RECOVERY !
I wake up every day HAPPY, happy that I wont have to feel the hell that I was in just 5 short months ago.

I cant wait to read more about your tapering since I'm new to Suboxone.

Thank you for responding.

Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS   ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS EmptyFri 08 Jun 2012, 7:16 pm

[b]I Love This.

Remember recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached. Enjoy the journey and celebrate the gift of recovery every day. Never forget the hell you have lived and hopefully you will never wish to live it again."
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS   ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS EmptyFri 08 Jun 2012, 7:43 pm

Marie,

Isnt that a great line !!!
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS   ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS EmptyFri 08 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

[i][b]
Blue Eyes,it will probably be my new saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS   ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS Empty

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS
Page 1 of 1