Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

things to look forward to.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mi5shaw

Male
Number of posts : 1
Humor : i'm irish for feck sake, everything is one big joke
Registration date : 2012-03-10

things to look forward to. Empty
PostSubject: things to look forward to.   things to look forward to. EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 10:55 pm

you know how as a drug addicit, you not only have to live with the shame of people looking down at you but you also hurt the one's you love and who love you over and over. well you no longer have to do that and right there is the first massive weight off your shoulders, and the same weight comes off your loved ones shoulders.
it's only a craving, it only last's a short time, distract yourself, you might sweat, you might dispair, but it dosent last long. i walked, jasus did i walk! when you make the effort and stick with it, you'll see the relief on your familys faces. you can now give them back their lives and let them worry about something other than you.
you can go on holiday and not have to worry about getting stuck in a different country and not being able to score. instead you can kick back, ring whoever and say 'looks like i'm stuck on the beach for another week'.
do it for you and you alone, everybody else will thank you for doing it. you can only be true to yourself. addicition isnt living, your not free as an addicit, always ducking and diving. stand up to it, dig deep and in the shortest time you'll have a different life and wont want to go back. you can now do the things you hadnt time to do before. care free days are the best days, when was the last time you had one?
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

things to look forward to. Empty
PostSubject: Re: things to look forward to.   things to look forward to. EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

You know you are so right, I remember not being able to plan even a simple day. Couldn't make plans because you never know when you might run out and need to make a mad dash to do a pick up.
Waking up everyday with the day already in progress in your head without your even taking a step out the door.

Things done and feelings of guilt.
Times change and with recovery comes the days of trust and hope once again.
Now I can sit on the porch and watch the birds at the feeders, take a walk and just be me.
My family no longer worries about what may become of me or if they will get that dreaded phone call. They've learned that they can believe in what I say and when I'm running late they know I'll walk through that door.
Thanks for posting mi5shaw, please when you have some time let us hear from you again. I noticed that your from Ireland, I've never been outside the U.S. What's it like over where your from.
I've heard it's beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

things to look forward to.
Page 1 of 1