Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say? Empty
PostSubject: New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say?   New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

In talking with someone the other day the subject of smoking came up.
Does your provider test for Marijuana use? Does your provider test you at all when you go in for your appointments?
Has your provider ever talked about smoking and whether or not they allow their patients to smoke pot or do they require you to stop before or during treatment?

In a lot of states it is relatively easy to get a Medical Marijuana card. If you had such a card would your provider then let you smoke pot and remain in treatment?
I know that I've asked a lot of questions here but this is a subject that has come up quite a bit and I got to wondering how your provider handles such situations.

I know that my provider has never brought up the subject of smoking pot. I don't smoke, not because I have anything against it. Marijuana like other medications/drugs does have it's uses.
I just choose not to smoke. I have enough problems with COPD and breathing so I don't want to ad to that list.

By the way, this topic is not limited to just current patients of Suboxone, I would like to get everyone's opinion on the subject.
Best wishes to all,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
KJ

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say?   New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 11:11 pm

Good Question Dee! I'd like to hear people's experiences with that topic as well. So... Give it up folks! Wish I had something to contribute, but I'm not quite there yet.

Thanks Dee.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say?   New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say? EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 3:15 am

Not quite there yet? Meaning you don't have an opinion or that you are not yet in treatment.
Either way, your opinion is welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say?   New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say? EmptySun 19 Feb 2012, 9:57 am

Hello,

My provider does not drug test me. As far as "pot" is concerned, we havent even spoken about it.
I havent done it in years and years.

It's funny because before my whole pain pill problem, smoking was my DOC. This is going back 10 years, I enjoyed doing it pretty often. I didnt do anything else back then.

After I quit pills, I did try again to see if I still enjoyed it, and to see what it felt like.

It's certainly not like I remember, and I pretty much fell asleep afterwards !!!

Oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say?   New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say? EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013, 1:24 am

I get drug screens probably every other visit, but my doctor flat out too me that they are pretty laid back about marihuana and won't count it against you if it came back positive for marijuana.. It is something that isn't habit forming, physically anyways, according to him. And he says that it helps quite a bit of his patients.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say?   New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Question of the day~ Smoking Marijuana~ What does your provider say?
Page 1 of 1