Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

20 months later

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomer

Boomer

Male
Number of posts : 12
Humor : Juvenile
Registration date : 2010-06-22

20 months later Empty
PostSubject: 20 months later   20 months later EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I have posted here. Just thought I would check back in and offer a bit of my experience.

I'm still on suboxone. My doctor had tapered me down to 4 mgs/day, from 16mgs/day. However, my back pain returned a few months ago and was so bad that could not function. So I was moved back up to 16mgs/day to help with the pain. It does actually help with pain though I think many of us associate pain relief with the euphoria we used to get from pain meds...and, of course, for those of us you have been on suboxone a while, there is no "buzz" associated with the medication. It takes a while to retrain your brain to recognize the difference between pain relief and getting high.

I've had a few lousy experiences over the past 18 months due to attempting to switch doctors to someone closer to where I live. This turned into a disaster where I had to cold turkey for 10 days and was on 16/mgs a day leading up to that. I've also had some insurance issues that one time made it impossible for me to get my script filled for over a week. These experiences do serve as a good reminder and something everyone on suboxone or anyone contemplating it should know....

Suboxone is a VERY strong drug. It is a life saver but just because you are not getting high from it does not mean that you are rid of physical dependency.

With all that said, I can tell you that in the last 20 months I have entirely reclaimed my life. I completed, what is for me, the most important album I've ever made and something I have been trying to accomplish for most of my life. I've had promotions at work and am in a very stable and healthy relationship with someone who knows all about my past. These things would not have been possible while riding the rollercoaster ride of a pill popping oxycodone addict.

Hope everyone is having happiness and success in their lives. Thank you for your continued support.

Best,
Boomer
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

20 months later Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 months later   20 months later EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

Boomer,

Thanks for your post.
I'm new to Suboxone and to this board, so I appreciate your update.

It's so good to read that your life has turned around between work and your personal life. That's good to know.

I'm on Suboxone for about 45 days and although I'm still getting use to it, my life also has been on the upswing. I am enjoying life again.

I wish you the best
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

20 months later Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 months later   20 months later EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 10:54 pm

Hi Boomer,
It has been a long time. I am glad things are going well for you and appreciate the update along with your sharing your experience with everyone. It helps those who have questions and are thinking about starting Suboxone. No one knows better than the ones who have walked in those shoes.
I think when people think about the strength of medication alot of the times they don't realize how strong Suboxone really is because even at 2mg it is a strong dose. So often the misconception is the higher the number, the higher the dose. In most cases I guess that can be true. But not in this case.
I've been told that Suboxone doesn't work well for pain because it is taken once a day, but to be honest I get satisfactory pain relief taking it once daily. I don't think I can even imagine taking it throughout the day as some say. Once daily is enough for me.
Everyone if different though.
Please don't be a stranger. It's nice to hear from some of the older members. It gives hope to those just starting out and need to hear from stable patients.
Take care and be well,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

20 months later Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 months later   20 months later Empty

Back to top Go down

20 months later
Page 1 of 1