Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pakua42

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months Empty
PostSubject: Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months   Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months EmptyWed 24 Aug 2011, 4:08 pm

Hi all,

I am so frustrated that my suboxone provider cannot offer me any satisfactory explanation when I ask him what can be done so I dont feel suicidal or break out into sweats or at minimun have such low energy and depression I spend all day in the house reading. I am just thrilled he is not forcing me to get off of it because I got so sick of the constipation I went from 4mg to zero and toughed it out for 4 days and couldnt take it anymore so I went back. Truthfully guys, I wish I could stay on 6mg of suboxone with no side effects. I would not be high, but I would have a normal life filled with things to look forward to for tomorrow. But thats a day dream. If I stay on 4mg of suboxone or more, I have awful constipation and break out in a rash, and occasionally even get chest pain. So here I am after 7 months, my detox doctor who is also a psychiatrist is nice enough to have me on 2mg of subs., but allows me enough to take up to 4mg if I need it. I find 3mg keeps me from getting depressed and seems to be my mainenance level I am praying I am not stuck on for life, 4mg and I actually feel good, 2mg and im very depressed at the end of the day. I do go to meetings and sadly no one even talks about suboxone in an NA meeting. Not even a word! Then I viewed the video posted here by DR Jeffery, saying he thinks in most cases that its not realistic to try to be totally drug free of everything. Thats just great. I will spend half my life on the toilet. Not funny guys. Oh ok, laugh just a little. Anyway, is anyone having problems with getting off suboxone once they are under 4mg. I actually wake up nautious if I had a full 4mg the day before if I sleep or wait 14 hrs till my next dose. I dont think my doctor other than giving me 2 extra mg a day to play with, is very knowledgable. I am in and out of his office in 3-4 minutes at max. He is a Haitian guy of about 65 that I cant imagine him relating to anything I am going thru. Anyone here have any thoughts or comments please?

Marc
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months   Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months EmptyThu 25 Aug 2011, 12:31 pm

hey mark, it's good to see you again. You posted in an earlier post about a routine that you had found to help you with the constipation. Is that not helping you anymore?
Your doctor sounds like a nit-wit. And he also sounds like one of the ones that you are just going to have to look him in the eye and tell him you need to speak to him about some problems you are having.
He can take the time to listen to you for goodness sake. He makes enough money off of you after all.
If he is as un-educated about this treatment as you think maybe you can copy and print out some of the information on our website and take it or send it to him. Not only is he being unfair to you but his other Suboxone patients as well. Imagine this, if he is at his limit of 100 patients, can you imagine how frustrated those 100 patients must feel?
You should not be feeling this depression and if it is lasting all this time, it needs to be addressed.
I read in another post that you are a life coach. What kind of advice would you give to one of the people you talk to?

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
grimmred

grimmred

Male
Number of posts : 17
Humor : Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months   Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 2:29 pm

Marc are you still around? I read your post and I feel for you, some of the doctors I encountered were horrendous, but I eventually found one that fit. If you catch this I have more to add, but for now I wish you luck.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months   Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012, 9:43 pm

Hey,

How's your flavor going?? One blessing I got back was my ability to taste flavors. When ...sorry I had to stop and help cook dinner...and now I'm eating at my computer, reaching out, feeding different parts of my being to be able to walk without leaning forward as I shuffle along searching for a doctor who will give me my ass back. Shocked? Anyone who has been where I have knows what I say Ever noticed an opiate addict ? The way they walk, far away look in their eyes? I'm so happy , happy, happy I walk straight up, you can look in my eyes and see a contented woman. I got a bill from the first clinic I attended for five years. I give them ***** stars! They let me go without paying, making payments when I could. I was made feel like family bringing their kids out to ride my horses and enjoy my company. My last two visits I still owe for. I called the other day and told I hadn't forgotten the money owed. I promised to send in a payment and I did. I got in the mail a bill that said I only owed $100. I felt so loved by these people. I had to find a clinic closer to where I lived. The clinic now decided I only have to come in every two months. I thought this strange, but my life has had some strange turn of events. I'm happy I don't have to lie to my doctor for my life hangs in the bough. My doctor Dr. Murphy, I probably needed the best cause I was near dead when I quit. They said it was amazing I lived afterwards too. I'm now healthy and keeping Hep C at bay. I feel good to meet all of my needs and it's enough. I said flavor...one of the things i love best is being able to taste food and enjoy favors. yum yum life is good,
Recovery rocks,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
terry9

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Reply to Constipation   Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months EmptySat 08 Jun 2013, 1:24 pm

I hope I'm replying to your message correctly, Pakua42/Marc:

I saw your post, and wanted to say that you might want to consider trying Ducolax Stool Softner for constipation. Just the version that contains the Docusate Sodium stool softner only, not the version that contains the stimulant component. Anything with the stimulant in it, like Senna, tends to cause painful cramping (at least for me), but the stool softner only results in a smooth, easy and complete bowel movement. It may not work this way for all people but it maybe worth a try too. You might consider using a daily fiber supplement too with lots of water. And wait until you have a morning bowel movement before you take your first Suboxone of the day.

It is amazing how much pain, lethargy and outright misery constipation can cause. Happiness is an empty colon!

Good Luck,
Terry.

pakua42 wrote:
Hi all,

I am so frustrated that my suboxone provider cannot offer me any satisfactory explanation when I ask him what can be done so I dont feel suicidal or break out into sweats or at minimun have such low energy and depression I spend all day in the house reading. I am just thrilled he is not forcing me to get off of it because I got so sick of the constipation I went from 4mg to zero and toughed it out for 4 days and couldnt take it anymore so I went back. Truthfully guys, I wish I could stay on 6mg of suboxone with no side effects. I would not be high, but I would have a normal life filled with things to look forward to for tomorrow. But thats a day dream. If I stay on 4mg of suboxone or more, I have awful constipation and break out in a rash, and occasionally even get chest pain. So here I am after 7 months, my detox doctor who is also a psychiatrist is nice enough to have me on 2mg of subs., but allows me enough to take up to 4mg if I need it. I find 3mg keeps me from getting depressed and seems to be my mainenance level I am praying I am not stuck on for life, 4mg and I actually feel good, 2mg and im very depressed at the end of the day. I do go to meetings and sadly no one even talks about suboxone in an NA meeting. Not even a word! Then I viewed the video posted here by DR Jeffery, saying he thinks in most cases that its not realistic to try to be totally drug free of everything. Thats just great. I will spend half my life on the toilet. Not funny guys. Oh ok, laugh just a little. Anyway, is anyone having problems with getting off suboxone once they are under 4mg. I actually wake up nautious if I had a full 4mg the day before if I sleep or wait 14 hrs till my next dose. I dont think my doctor other than giving me 2 extra mg a day to play with, is very knowledgable. I am in and out of his office in 3-4 minutes at max. He is a Haitian guy of about 65 that I cant imagine him relating to anything I am going thru. Anyone here have any thoughts or comments please?

Marc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months   Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months Empty

Back to top Go down

Cant get under 4 mg a day after 7 months
Page 1 of 1