Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have a question for all Sub patients...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-01-07

I have a question for all Sub patients... Empty
PostSubject: I have a question for all Sub patients...   I have a question for all Sub patients... EmptyThu 09 Feb 2012, 11:07 pm

I was just curious... How long did it take for "you" to get a Suboxone Doc and start taking it, after you first started to try and find a Doctor? If I were to start calling my Insurance Approved Sub Docs tomorrow, how long do you think it would be (approximately) before I could get an appointment and get started with a Sub Doctor?

Thanks for taking the time to continue to "hold my hand" while I find my way to recovery. All of you have been a huge help in getting me to this point as is. I wouldn't even be posting and thinking about my options for recovery if it wasn't for all of you that have taken the time to write to me and comment on my posts. I humbly thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. And remember, Blue Eyes, a bad day on Sub sounds like it's Leaps and Bounds from a bad day on pain pills. Or so I have been told... take care hun.

Karla
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: I have a question for all Sub patients...   I have a question for all Sub patients... EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 10:53 pm

It took me awhile to find a doctor. At the time it seemed as if it took forever. From the day I started looking I guess it took me about 2 weeks to find someone who would take me but she didn't have an appointment open for another month.
I opted to go into residential treatment until then because when I moved up here I was taking Methadone. By then I had been out of Methadone for about a month so I was in withdrawal and it didn't seem to be getting any better.

In the area that I live in we have lost 2 providers in the last couple of months. Our state has a waiting list of about 600 people waiting for Substance Abuse Treatment. Including both Methadone and Suboxone.
Providers are far and few between. So when you find a good one hang on to them. Some have pretty strict rules and some don't. But all in all it is worth the rules to save a life.

How long it will take you really depends on how many providers in your area that take your insurance unless you opt to pay cash which is usually very expensive.
The best thing that you can do is to start calling and even if there is a waiting list, put yourself on that list. If someone has another opening in the meantime you can always accept whichever one is open first.
Take time to write down all of the questions that you want to ask the provider and take that list with you so you don't forget anything. If you need any help we can help you come up with some questions to ask. One thing you do want to make sure and find out is if the provider has a time limit on their treatment program. Some doctors don't and some expect their patients to come off Suboxone in 6 months.
Find out form your insurance company if they have a time limit as well.
I know it all sounds overwhelming but to be honest I believe you can handle it. You can live any dream that you dream as long as you believe in yourself.
Sleep well, I will be here in the morning
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: I have a question for all Sub patients...   I have a question for all Sub patients... EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 11:03 pm

It took my a few days from the first phone call, and I ended up with an appointment the same Friday and started the next day.
I guess I live in a pretty populated area for Suboxone Dr.
I had no one tell me there was a waiting list. The only thing I thought about what the price. One Dr wanted almost $700 for the first month, including induction.The one I went with was waaaaay cheaper. So we had to shop around.
Then when I got to my pharmasist. He tells me, I 'd be surprised how many people are on Suboxone and that he was happy for me that I'm getting off the pills. They can certainly see my history and the amount of pills they have given me over the years. Makes me sick !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a question for all Sub patients...   I have a question for all Sub patients... Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a question for all Sub patients...
Page 1 of 1