Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today's Thought, a must read for newcomers to recovery!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Today's Thought, a must read for newcomers to recovery! Empty
PostSubject: Today's Thought, a must read for newcomers to recovery!   Today's Thought, a must read for newcomers to recovery! EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 11:43 am

Checking my emails this morning I came across Today's Gift from Hazeldon. It is something that I want to share with the rest of you, especially the new comers to recovery.
When you are ready to stop using, it is hard. It's hard to know what to do and where to go. How to obtain and hard to hold. Recovery is possible. It is not easy, nothing worth having rarely is. But there is hope for all of us. Sometimes it takes more than a little encouragement from someone on a forum and sometimes it is all we need.
Let me share this with you.

Recovery is civil war, but it is a war that can be won.
--Sister Imelda

How often do we hear people say, "Sure, I know it's the right thing to do - but it's easier said than done!'' But "it," whatever "it" is for each of us, is actually easier done than not done. As hard as it is to turn our will and our behavior toward recovery, failing to recover is much harder. Ultimately, any price we pay for recovery is far less than the cost of giving up everything we've gained.

Some of us have a very difficult time making phone calls. Others are scared to death of speaking at meetings, talking to strangers, or admitting that we have feelings. But the alternative has simply been too painful. Whatever we have to do is worth it. The payoff is immense. How many of us, when we did attend that meeting that frightened us, felt an enormous surge of self-confidence and happiness? How often, when we have stood our ground and found it did not kill us, have we felt that we could lick the world? The payoff is that we learn to like ourselves more, and that is as good as it gets.

I will make sure today that I am not forgetting the benefits of recovery and only considering the price of recovery.

Today's Thought is a reading from the book:
Days of Healing, Days of Joy by Earnie Larsen and Carol Larsen Hegarty

For those of you who do not attend meetings or groups this post is not meant to offend. Take what you can use and leave the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Today's Thought, a must read for newcomers to recovery!
Page 1 of 1