Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today's Thought... What have you gotten from Recovery?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Today's Thought... What have you gotten from Recovery? Empty
PostSubject: Today's Thought... What have you gotten from Recovery?   Today's Thought... What have you gotten from Recovery? EmptyTue 22 Jun 2010, 11:55 am

Today's Thought... What have you gotten from Recovery? Flower10

If you go around thinking you are being cheated,
life becomes very unpleasant.
--Felix Salten

Sometimes we feel cheated that we have been given this darn disease to cope with. Why us? Why can't we just be like normal people? Why did we have to get into so much trouble and pain as a result of a disease that hit us and skipped over other people?

Another way to look at it is: Hey, I'm really lucky. I have a killer disease, and I'm beating the odds. I'm getting healthier every day. I got my life back.

Another way to look at it is: At least this is a disease I can recover (manage) from.

Let's try this exercise:
What are five good things that I have gotten from recovery? Ten? I will write these down and refer to them when I'm tempted to feel sorry for myself

Today's Thought comes from
Hazelden
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Today's Thought... What have you gotten from Recovery?
Page 1 of 1