Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Good night Empty
PostSubject: Good night   Good night EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 3:59 am

I stopped by before shutting down for the night. I wanted to tell everyone good night. Hope you are all doing well.
In the morning,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
alligirl

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Good night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night   Good night EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 5:56 am

Thank you for your kind words, it's not very often that you hear this anymore, good night!
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Good night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night   Good night EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 3:00 pm

Hi Alli,

This is morning for me...well, midmorning. I take advantage of sleeping in when I'm not working as I get up at four in the morning when I do. Some short timer on this forum said Suboxone would become my first cigarette and cup of coffee. I'm here to prove hime wrong. I can get half way through the day and I start feeling grouchie.
Don't worry darlin, people will treat you like dirt even when you're being a perfect angel. It depends on just what we let them get away with. Most times I just roll with it cause I know they are going to get back what they put out to others. At times, people don't want you to be straight. It loosens the hold THEY have on you. When you start taking care of your own business, it leaves them with a void they have to fill. They have to look at themselves.
Take care of just today. Tomorrow will be today soon enough.
Yours in the struggle,
Barbara Rue
Back to top Go down
alligirl

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Good night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night   Good night EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 5:13 pm

You are right about what goes around comes around . I still struggle with accepting that some people are just nasty no matter what you do. I wish it didn't bother me but it does. I try to always treat people the way I want to be treated but rarely does it seem like most other people do. Maybe I'm just pessimistic but it seems like the world gets uglier everyday. I work with kids and they have noone and the way some of the staff talk to them is unbelievable. I wish I could smack them sometimes. Maybe they don't realize the damage they are inflicting. Anyways its nice to know there are some good people out there.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Good night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night   Good night EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 8:10 pm

People complain everyday about our youth of today. But really, what chance did some of them have to begin with.
What we do and what we teach our younger generation will reap rewards for them later on down the line.
I think it is great that you work with the young ones.
I have taken in a lot of our families lost ones. Ones who parents just don't give a hoot beyond themselves.
I want to make a difference in their lives and hope that one day they can look back and remember that someone once cared enough to offer much more than just a bed to sleep in.
Sometimes I get frustrated and I often say, no more. This is the last one. Famous last words, how can I say no? I can't, if we give up on people what do we have left.
I believe there is a little good in all of us, as the saying goes. Sometimes it is just harder to find the goodness.

One thing you can do is to reassure the kids that no matter what they do or what they hear, they do matter and that someone does care about them. Remind them of their goals and dreams. Be that someone who makes a difference.
No harm in wishing you could just slap the people that you work with that just don't get it. I once told my counselor that some days' I feel like I could just choke some people when I see the things they do. (family members who just don't care) he told me if I did that, I'd probably spend my whole day choking people and wouldn't get anything else done. And he is right, it is okay to be angry but not to let the anger own us.

I hope that you both have a great weekend.
Barbara thanks for posting, you always have a kindness that shines. I don't think you realize how much of a difference that you make.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Good night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night   Good night EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 8:17 pm

Nanna,

You go deep...zoning in on my heart every time, well not every time because I couldn't let you. This time I let you and it works for me. I trust you and it's a trust that has grown to be as strong as it is. For me, women have given me good reason not to trust...it's nice to know there are some who are good as gold. That you are Sista. I've got some other work to do on here between fixing dinner. I'll be around cause just because I'm not using, doesn't mean my life is a rose garden. My life has taken more turns than I can add up at once.

Hello to all of you here whom has found this forum site who is run by the frailest, most delicate and a tremendous spirit of goodness you are in a safe and can believe in yourself and what you are about.

I'll be back,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night   Good night Empty

Back to top Go down

Good night
Page 1 of 1