Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today's Thought 8/4/2011..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Today's Thought 8/4/2011.. Empty
PostSubject: Today's Thought 8/4/2011..   Today's Thought 8/4/2011.. EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 9:15 am

Today's Thought 8/4/2011.. Dog_an10

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once.
--Jennifer Unlimited

We all need a little humor in our lives and in the way we work the program. For example, one of the first things we learn in recovery is to "take one day at a time." This is very good advice, so we practice living that way. Most days it works pretty well.

But once in a while it seems like we can't even handle one day. We just can't handle everything that happens along the way, plus carry out our own plans for the day. Perhaps we have to stop and change a flat tire. Or a friend calls and needs help. Or one of our kids has a meltdown in the grocery store. Or maybe all those things happen in the same day! That kind of day used to be our perfect excuse to get high.

Now it's a perfect excuse to take a deep breath, call our sponsor or a friend, and have a good laugh about it. Now we realize that our days are not really ours. We can plan them, but we can't really control them. That's just the way it is, and it's okay.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, please help me to pay attention to the most important things today. And please, send a few good laughs my way.

Today's Action

I will find a few things to laugh about today.

Today's Thought is a reading from the book:
God Grant me, by Anonymous

Last edited by nannamom on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Source added)
Back to top Go down

Today's Thought 8/4/2011..
Page 1 of 1