Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bulldog lover

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Bulldog lover - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 4:51 pm

Hi Jay, I'm so so happy for you and your wife! You are both blessed. I had to watch my husband die from alcohol and pills...his liver gave out. I took this as a wake-up call for me to do something with my life or I was going to follow him. Jay, please remember to be humble and patient. I'm not saying you aren't, we just get too sure of ourselves and we forget things we should keep in check. I love you both and REAL HAPPY for you. How many kids do you have? All I have are animals for my kids and I treat them just like they were my kids. Well, I've got to say hi to everyone else and go lay back down. I cleaned some fish today and I think I'm doing too much too soon...but, I had to get up and see how you were. Keep up the good life. Your buddy, Ms. Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 7:45 pm

Hi Bulldog,
As you know, I am so happy for you as well as your wife!! What a relief she must be feeling, as well. It gives you both hope & in my case, was the only way that our relationship was going to go any further or work out with us still together!! We put alot of stress on these personal relationships & are very lucky to still have that person standing beside us! Blessings to the both of you!! I love you
Your Friend,
Beth
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male
Number of posts : 37
Humor : I try but fall short many tmes
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 10:23 pm

END OF DAY TWO AND STILL FEEL GOOD ICANT BELIVE I HAD NO DEPRESSION IN TWO DAYS. two days of peace i am so thankful i found this medicene my wife is happy I even had company over tonight first time in months an I was really glad to see them an converse. may even have the inlaws over tomorrow if i still feel ok
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 12:33 pm

Good morning Bulldog,
The in laws over for dinner. Exclamation Wow! What a great day.
I know that before you went on the subs, you were hoping and praying for relief from the hold that drugs had on you. I know that I did. And now that you feel this good, it is hard to believe that one little pill could make you feel human again. Just remember that if you have any questions or problems let us know and we will do what we can to help you.
Have a great day my friend sunny
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bulldoglover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 5:00 pm

Day 3,
I woke up and felt so good I thought maybe I dont even need this. I went ahead and took a 1/4 and just feel good. A friend came over last night he has been off OCs for 20 months he got a great job at a paper mill making 28.50 an hour. Last week a guy came buy an gave him 2 oxys he did 2 more this week and is freaking because they drug test. I told him about the suboxone Doctor and my brief experience and he was begging me for a pill. I would have given him one but my wife was here an she said Hell no if you want help go to the doctor like Jay did we aren't here to supply you with drugs of any kind. I guess she is right but it's hard for me to see someone hurting an knowing exactly how thay feel. When he left she locked my pills up an said she wasnt about to have to try an keep up with two addicts intake. He is gonna call an get an appointment. My wife dose't like him because he was a useing buddy an she dont even want this guy to drive by the house much less stop. I told him he could ride to the doctor with me but wife said I should go by myself worry about me it's not my job to help him get strait its my job to keep myself strait.
Back to top Go down
korbeshkie

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 5:54 pm

Bulldog....
remember, this is your recovery and treatment and the most important thing to do is to take care of yourself first. It's nice wanting to help your buddy, but if he was a using buddy he is still a using buddy.
The success of you relapsing is very high with anybody you use to use with. For me, my best friend of over 40 years uses and I try very hard to keep my distance.
Thank god my wife helps me with this. We still talk but I do not attempt to go over to his place to see him because I know it would be easy for me to start using again. Please be careful and think things out. Giving any of your medication to others could get you into big trouble. Think of it as this way...if you sold or gave a drug to someone and that person dies from a bad reaction from that drug, you'll probably be charged with a very serious offense. This would ruin you and your family's lives. Also, if your doctor finds out that you are giving your meds away, he will stop treatment because he is under very tight regulations by the DEA and he will not want to lose his license from this. This is a very serious situation.
Please don't take any of this the wrong way...all im trying to show you is the whole picture here.

Korbeshkie
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 6:24 pm

thanx Korbeshkie,
You are so right about everything I just dont play the tape through sometimes until someone points out what could happen. I just cant see the cosequences sometimes. Thanks for pointing some out an if he were to get caught he would roll on me no doubt he has roll on people in the past so I dont know why I think I would be different. my wife can see the sceming she knows adict behavior for sure.
Back to top Go down
korbeshkie

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 7:12 pm

That's good bulldog...keep an open mind on your surroundings. Your wife is your angel...i know this because my wife nis my angel....we all go thru the same senerios and it took some time for me to relieze why my wife was doing the things that i thought was wrong. There is no selfishness on her part because i finally see what she is trying to say and help me with. Sometimes it seems that evrything I say is wrong...it probably is wrong in my wife's eyes. Women have different instincts compared to us men and I am still learning as to why their point of view is different. The only think I do know is that my wife has been there for me thru all my past addictions and she has really put forth her life to make me live another day. She, herself never had the addiction problems like I have, but she has continued to show and believe in me that there will be a day that we both will be able to look back and appreciate what life has in store for us thru our recovery.
Let's not think this is a cakewalk from this point on because it isn't. We'll have days that will be very difficult to get thru but the only way to approach this is one day at a time. Each and every day is going to be a challange and it is up to us on how we will react to this. This is in no way a short journey to recovery, but a journey that is just the beginning of a new start.
Korbeshkie
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 8:55 pm

Hi Jay, I'm getting up long enough to reply to you and the rest of my family. Your wife is right. Where were these people when you needed a ride to the doctor? As I see it, they are up to no good and if you gave anybody YOUR MEDICATION and they happen to die, guess who they are coming to take to jail for premeditated murder? YOU! I think you are handling it very well and your wife is making sure she don't have to go through it again...plus your children. You never did tell me how many children you have. I like to hear about the little children.

I'm real happy for you and the longer you stay straight, the better your decisions will be.

Jay, it isn't safe for you to try dropping your meds without telling your doctor. You may feel like you've recovered, but you're not. I'm not being mean cause there's days when I can go without my meds, but the next day I start to feel it and the next day I'm in withdrawals. Brother, I'm here to help you and I do care. I want you to make it. I'll go for now. Take care. I'm here. Ms. Barbara
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2009, 12:59 am

thanks all for keeping my head on strait your right Barb where was he when I needed a ride? I have two kids Barb but they arent small anymore one is 20 and a sopomore in college carries a 4.0 a little daddy brag there. The other is a sophomore in highschool and is also a strait A student another little brag. I read somewher that people with Bi -polar dont think they need there meds anymore I've read about it and I have all the symptoms. I am going to see if the doctor can put me on 2 mg pills instead of 8 mg. 29 when I go back. I had a small craving this afternoon so i went ahead and took my afternoon dose and they were knocked out in about ten minites but I could eat a horse my appeitite has returned with a vengense.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2009, 2:09 am

Bulldog,
Bless your wife and her insight. She loves you with all that she has.
I am like you, I don't like to see people suffer. You have to think about YOU. If you would have given him that one sub, what would happen the next time that he needed one more, and then one more.... It is a never ending cycle. Not only could somethinghappend to him. But what if your doctor did a pill check on you? A lot of doctors do. You would be short, and it is just not worth it. If he really wants to stop and wants help, he will find a way. I hate to sound mean but, you can't help them who won't help themselves.
I see your a proud dad. You have done a great job with the kids. Feel free to brag all that you want. I got a late start tonight, it was a busy day. I'm off to read the other posts. Let me know if you need anything.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bulldoglover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2009, 10:52 pm

Im kinda lost deborah UUhhh im not taking klonopin. Ive had one very small craving in four days and it was a fleeting thought nothing I couldn't handle. It was time for or really hour past time for my afternoon dose I just sat and took my suboxone and it was gone shortly. The worst thing Ive seen so far is the way you take the med. I also was wondering my ears have been stopped up and having some pain in my ears anr ringing pretty bad. Is this common like I said its not a big deal but . I go back to doctor on 29 of jan.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 11:42 pm

Jay, I have a ringing in my ears, not as bad as it was when I first started, but it sure is bothersome. I went to get my ears checked out by a Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. He did all kinds of tests. Told me I have some hearing loss. He also told me to take B Complex vitamins. I found some liquid B Complex and you put it under you tongue like the subs for thirty seconds and swallow the rest. It has helped me a lot. I have to keep taking it or it comes back, but it is a relief for it to stop.

Well, I'm going to have to hang it up for tonight. I'm starting to ache and get tired. I have to say hey to Dee and call it a day.

Another good day done.
Ms. Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2009, 4:01 pm

Hi Jay,
How are you doing? I just saw this post & it had caught my eye when you brought up the ringing in your ears. That's something that I've also experienced with the Subs, as well as an almost "whooshing" sound?? Sounds horrible to say, but it reminds me of a feeling that I had while at a Grateful Dead concert & I'd inhaled part of a nitrous balloon. Kind of like helicopters in my ears?? Suspect I do want to tell you that it has subsided the longer that I've been on it, as has the ringing.. When I first started taking it, I experienced quite a few side effects, but I still felt better than I did while using.. But like I said, the longer that I've been on it, I notice those effects less & less. The main thing that I still have a hard time with is not being able to sleep very well & the constant headaches. Headaches are something that I've always struggled with, though. I don't necessarily know if the Subs are causing them, or if I can just feel them again due to not being on those super strong pain meds!! Idea Seems logical! Wink Anyways, I'd never known of anything that would help with that ringing, & by seeing this post & Ms. Barbara's recommendation of trying the Vitamin C, well, I thank you both, as I also plan on trying that out for myself!! Very Happy
Hope that you are well today. Keep in touch!
Your Friend,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2009, 3:38 am

Im still doing well I was reading a thread on another site kinda scared me so I called my doctor about swapping me from 8mg pills to 2 mg. I take 1/4 of an 8 two times a day I tried to cut the 1/4 to an 1/8 but it crumbled so i thought the 2 might be easier. The other poster said his doc would not beacause 2mg was not a theraputic dose. Mine told me no problem and is going to do so the next appointment. I still have had no cravings to amount to anything and my depression hasn't returned as of yet. My wife is finally getting some sleep when I get up at night she isnt wondering if Im snorting a pill. There was some orange powder in the restroom a few days ago and she thought I was snorting my suboxone but my daughter had used some cheese crackers to lure the pups in the bathroom so after me deniying it was mine as usual we found out where it came from seems I have all the luck sometimes. she ask me if I would have beleived it I was honest and would have thought it was a lye trust is going to take me some time to earn it back if I ever do.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2009, 11:01 am

Don't worry Jay, it's going to take time for trust to build in the whole family, but it will come. When I mentioned about the ringing in the ears...(Beth, I got that whooshing sound too and it only does it once in a while now, Thank God.) It's not viamin C; it's B Complex. The liquid if you can find it and it will tell you to hold it under your tongue for thirty seconds. Folic acid and some Magnesium would help alot. If you eat right, you don't really need to take a lot of vitamins.

Gotta to go...Fraizer is on.
Have a happy day.
Ms. Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bulldog lover
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2