Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bulldog lover

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 8:54 pm

Bulldog,
How are you today? I haven't heard from you and am wondering how your doing with your taper. How is your wife? Please let me know how you are even if it is only a couple of lines. I do care about you. We all do.
If you need us, we are here.
Yours
Dee

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 9:32 pm

Hey Bull Dog Lover, are you reading any of your private messages? You have quite a few you haven't answered from me and Dee. You just keep hanging on. It's normal for you to be depressed right now. Your mind and body is going through a lot of changes. Just don't change your mind. You said your wife is going to take you and you two have worked it out. I hope you two get real happy when you get started on this medicine. I've came in late and cooking supper, so I got to go. You just hang in there and try to relax. Your friend, Barbara
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male
Number of posts : 37
Humor : I try but fall short many tmes
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 10:09 pm

i just chunked my stash so wont be well for a few days ill try to check in wth yall. dont konw how im gonna feel for few days
Jay
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 12:25 am

That is okay bulldog,
just do the best that you can. We will be here when your need us. What made you decide to chuck it all instead of doing a slow taper? The day after tomorrow will be your day. Is your appointment in the morning or afternoon? If you don't post, at least I know what is up. But please try to let me know, okay. Even if it is one line.
I will be keeping you in my prayers
Dee
Bulldog lover Sendin10
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 3:09 pm

Bulldog,

I wanted to write a little bit to you to check in with you. I know that you said you probably wouldn’t be here much as you did chuck your stash, but I wanted to write still. Tomorrow is your first appointment for Suboxone, and you probably have so many questions running through your mind. I can't answer all of your questions, but I can tell you that after your first dose of Suboxone, your withdrawals should go away with in the first hour. Your cravings should subside as well. Suboxone is a miracle drug, and once on it many people wonder why it wasn't around so many years ago. The medical field has new breakthroughs every day, and thank goodness Suboxone was one of them.

Once your doctor gives you your first dose he will probably keep you in his office for a little bit to see how you react to your dose. Then he may either give you an appointment to come back the nest day for evaluation or give you medications to take home with instructions. Either way that he does it, pleas don’t hesitate to call him if you have any questions or are having any withdrawal symptoms. Suboxone is designed to take away withdrawals and cravings as well.

I will end this now. Please when you are up to it, let me know how you are.

Yours in Recovery

Dee
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 3:41 pm

im here barely feel like I fell out of a truck and the truck landed on me.. My appoinment is at 11:00 ILL check in let yall know how it went.
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:26 pm

Hello Bulldog,
I'm sorry to hear that your feeling so rough.. No What made you decide to flush your meds rather than continuing with a slow taper?? Are you handling this physically okay without medical supervision? Did you get my email last night as I am concerned about you just abruptly stopping altogether?!? Question I hope that I am not sounding like a nag to you as that is the last thing that you need right now, I know.. Wink Just worried about you! Idea Please continue to let me know that your hanging in there, only one night left until your appointment. cheers You will feel like a new person when your leaving there!! Exclamation Best of luck & please let me hear from you, how everything is going..
Yours,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 6:00 pm

Hey Bulldog,
It is a good thing that your appointment is ealrly in the day, but I am sure that it's not as early as you would like it to be.
Fell out of the truck huh? I wish there was something I could do to make it better. Rest assured tomorrow will be your day.
I'm here off and on if you need me.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
korbeshkie

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 9:11 pm

Sir Bulldog....Korbeshkie here..
I just went to my very first Suboxone treatment yesterday. The hardest part as you know is the wait before you see the doctor but once you see him its still a nightmare until you get your first pill.
Some others on this site seemed to have gotten their first pill in the doctor's office.
I wasn't so lucky. I was given a triplicate prescription form to take to the pharmacy to get my meds. That didn't help any either...just more time of waiting for the meds to be filled. If you have insurance make sure you take your insurance card with you just in case you end up going to a pharmacy you've never dealt with. I also checked with the pharmacy as to what the cash price might be if my insurance didn't cover it. I was quoted 16 tablets/8 mg. $147.50.
Luckly for me I only had to pay my co-pay of $40.00
This happen to me, my regular pharmacist didn't have any in stock so I had to go to the one my Doctor suggested. I would ask your Docotr as to where the closet one is from his office. That should help alot.
My prescription was filled within 20 minutes. My withdrawls were so bad I had to lay down in my truck while my wife was waiting to pick it up. Bless her soul.
As soon as she got the meds we both took ours on the way home and believe me gee!! it actually started working right away.
When we got home my wife and I just look'd at each other and gave each other a big hug. It was so unbelievable how quickly these meds work'd. All the withdrawls went away except I crave alittle.
The doctor was so cool when he asked me how many o.c.s i was taking. He explained to me that he had been treating patients taking over 800 mg. of o.c. a day. Unbelievable! Even though I was taking somewhere around 120-160 mg a day he stated that you can be hooked just as easily on my dose just as that other patient that was on 800 mg. The O.C.'s have no mercy on any soul.
Well time to go and the best of luck. You can beat the time...it may go by slow but you will get there.
Good Luck

Korbeshkie
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 9:23 pm

Thank you Korbeshkie!! Exclamation
What great inspiration you are sending out to others who need it!! cheers It's almost brought a tear to my eye watching you go through your ordeal as its such a superb reminder to me.. and the path that I want to stay on in my future!! Wink I am so happy to hear that you & your wife are both feeling better. I thank you so much for sharing, hoping that you will continue to do so as you go. As I said, its truly an inspiration for other people who may not have any hope left!!
Have a blessed, relaxing evening!!
Your Friend,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyThu 08 Jan 2009, 12:25 am

Thank you Korbeshkie for sharing your appointment with us.
Reading what you said brought back many memories to me, ones that I just like Beth don't ever want to have to repeat.
You have passed the days of using and now can concentrate on the future that you and your wife have together. How horrible to get to the pharmacy just to find out that they did not have any suboxone. I'm sure that by that time you were so frustrated. BUt you held on, and I am so glad that you did.
Blessings to you
Yours In Recovery
Dee
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 1:39 pm

All right here was the deal.i got up sick found a pill snorted it and went to the doctor. a guy in the waiting room was trying to sell me oc what a jerk. took two hours to see the doc. i was honest got my script an went home using all day. I woke this morning expecting the worse an was right. iwas sick hurting but waited till 9 to take a 1/4 of my sub pill. it was hard taking it under mt tounge and being sort of sick. well in about 10 mins i started feeling better ALOT better been an hour an half an i feel great better than I felt in along time. I have 0 cravings, 0 pain , im not sick at all. I CAN NOT BELIEVE how good i feel. My doctor was GREAT everything was good except the jerk in the waiting room an the wait itself. If this isnt a magic pill it comes damn close. I feel like a chain hes been unleashed from around my neck. thanks to every one for your help an support. Anyone whos wondering if this stuff is for you well I dont know but i sure think its for me.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 2:20 pm

cheers
Congratulations Bulldog,
Thats is wonderful news. You were smart to wait until today to take your first dose. I am sure the wait was a hard one, but worth it none the less. Today should be a great day for you, take it easy and don't try to do to much. Now that your on Suboxone, I do hope that you will stay with us and continue to share. It gives so many people still struggling hope to see that one little pill can makes a difference in someones life.
I feel the same way that you do, I know that Suboxone is for me. I'm sure that there are still alot of people that look down on me for taking it, although they wouldn't admit it. But that is their problem.
How stupid can one person get? Trying to sell you an oc right there in the waiting room, was he a patient as well. Did you tell the doctor about him? It shouldn't matter to me, but it does. People like him should not be around people that are trying to help themselves. Grrrrrr No
What are your plans for the day?
Keep us up to date. How does your wife feel about the program? Pleas invite her to share with us, I would like to see another point of view if she doesn't mind. It helps for us to see what goes through our families minds.
Time for me to get moving. Hope you day is a good one.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 2:31 pm

Dee,
the guy in the waiting room was horrible he jus kept on he said dude i see your hurting i got what you need in the car you dont need subs man let me give you my number call me and i willl hook you up. I got OCs, hydros, zannies what ever you want no need to hurt let me help you man. I was like dude why are you here. A forth i a nuff for me i am tired now ill check back in
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 2:47 pm

Hi Bulldog!! cheers
I've been waiting to hear from you & so excited to hear how you were feeling once you started on the Subs!! I'm very glad that your starting to feel so much better & want to encourage you that I am still feeling better & better everyday having been on it since May. (just wanting to continue sending encouragement in your direction!!) Wink It's great to hear the hope in your post & kudos on a new way of life, Bulldog! I love you Keep in touch.
Your Friend,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 2:55 pm

Bulldog,
I can just imagine how you felt sitting there with that idiot saying those things to you. But you got through it and a better person than he.
All we can do is pray that one day he wakes up as we all have and see's what his life is really like, but we cannot help those who refuse to help themselves.
Get your rest. It has been a very long week for you
Yours
Dee

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 4:18 pm

well here it is two oclock i so far have had no cravings since my first dose of a 1/4 a suboxone pill. I had a burst of energy after my pill but am tired now. I have no depression an mentally feel better than I can remember when. I cant believe this its like a miricale how many years has it been since i wasnt consumed by pills how many do I have, where do I have to go today to get more. The lying an trying to hide my use what a blessing this is. I wish I had done this years ago. If you are reading this and wondering PLEASE talk to some other people and read all you can Im not sugesting this to anyone in general. If someone says im still not clean an this is a crutch or something so be it i may never be able to live completely clean but this is living a normal life for me an if it stays this good I can maybe live happy do your research and I hope you to can find a peace of mind. My depression is completly gone todey I have had a shower shaved and it wasnt even a chore to do so,
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 5:54 pm

Hi Bulldog!
I'm so happy to hear that your starting to feel better!! cheers Suboxone is a miracle to me & hopefully you'll have the same results!! Wink When do you have to see your doctor again? Are you doing any type of counseling or groups as well? I'm just so glad that your doing well & it was great to hear the hope & positivity in your words today!! Exclamation Especially compared to how badly you felt yesterday.. Hold on, chin up!! Hope to continue hearing from you & how your days are going.. Thank you again for sharing as its very inspiring!! Have a great night Bulldog!
Your Friend,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 9:08 pm

Bulldog,
When I was reading your post, I couldn't help but to smile. I remember feeling that way. A big relief. For me there were so many days that I would wonder if I could ever be normal again. I would see a mother and her children in the grocery store casually shopping, and I would wish that I could be like them, They were only doing the normal everyday things that people do, but I was so used to using every penny that I had for pills or what ever I could get, that I never had the money to so grocery shopping. Now when I go to the grocery store, watch out. It's groceries I'm buying. LOL and loving every minute of it.
You will be amazed at how you will notice the simple little things, things that before, were just a nuisance to you.
Just think, you only took 1/4 of a Suboxone pill, that is only 2mg.
2mg of a miracle medicine, where as it would take how many mg.'s of hydro's to make you feel the way that you do now. I hope that your evening is a good one, I'm off to read the other posts.
Yours In Recovery
Dee
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 9:36 pm

dee,
thanx for your support i dont think i ever felt this good on hydros this is what i imagined other people felt like i cant describe the difference my. i picked up my girl from school which is always stressville because of the people an traffic and i always felt like she was embarrassed by me because i was in my robe hadnt shaved or showered an loked a mess. today i picked her up clean dressed smiling and she was so happy she was like yeah dad this is good you look great and i didnt even mind the long line.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 9:49 pm

Hey Jay! I told a lie to Deborah...I told her I had to go lay down, but I had to check and see how you are doing and my prayers for you have been answered! I'm so tickled you are doing well...so glad. Here's something no one has mentioned and I only found out because I was having a hard time getting the medicine to go into were it's suppose to go; I brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out so it's squeeky clean and it goes in a lot faster. Brother, you keep on track for me. I really have to go lay back down and rest my foot. I'll try to get back on tomorrow. Hi to everyone else and I miss you all very, very much. Yours in the struggle, Ms. Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 11:05 pm

Bulldog,
Lately, everytime that I read a post from you I get a big grin on my face, and it is probably the size of the grin that you had on your face at the school today. Making our children happy is the best feeling that a parent can have.
I hope that you have a good family filled weekend, with plenty of hugs, and love as well. sunny
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 3:47 am

im as jus up loking around slept a little and still feel real good I am still amazed how good. I tryed to take wife to the movies tonight but she sent the kids an we just had some alone time said she felt so much less lonly like she had me back. Oh what a change in her she was relaxed an didnt feel the need to follow me around to see if I was sneaking to snort up a pill. she is sleeping very sound I am so proud she has a little peace of mnind>
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 2:49 pm

Hi Bulldog,
I knew that you were on here last night, but couldn't seem to catch up with you. Your wife is enjoying the time that she has with you. She has a lot of time to make up for. Let her relax, and enjoy your recovery.
How are you feeling? Do you have any cravings? When is your next appointment with your doctor? Please if you have any questions for him, write them down so that you don't forget to ask him at your next appointment. A lot of time I think of things I want to ask my doctor and if I don't write them down, I forget altogether, and have to wait until next time.
We have some new members today, please go and welcome them. Also share with them your experience. When you feel up to it, you can share your story under, "Suboxone Stories". Enjoy your weekend, you deserve it.
Yours,
Dee
sunny
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 3:13 pm

2nd day
I still have 0 cravings an no depression. I am sort of tired. My next appointment is jan. 29. I took 1/2 pill yesterday slept till 10 this morning and woke up not craving feeling good I took 1/4 this morning an going to try an not ake anymore. Wife counted my pills today and said I was one short I told her NOWAY COUNT AGIN. She counted agin an to her surprise she had miss counted I had taken less than perscribed which is jus not in my addictive nature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bulldog lover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog lover   Bulldog lover Empty

Back to top Go down

Bulldog lover
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next