Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We Are Free to Reach for The Future

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

We Are Free to Reach for The Future Empty
PostSubject: We Are Free to Reach for The Future   We Are Free to Reach for The Future EmptySat 11 Jun 2011, 11:26 am

We Are Free to Reach for The Future Butter11

Having loosened our grip on the past, we are free to reach for the future.
--Ann D. Clark

Everyday of our lives we think of some situation we wish we had handled differently. Perhaps we left a job we now miss, disciplined a child needlessly, or responded rudely to a friend. Our inventory abundantly details our many regrets, but the past is gone. We can't take back the job or the punishment or the rude responses. However, we can make certain that when we go over our day every night, it is not filled with similar regrets.

Recovery has given us a second chance. Let's not waste this gift by hanging on to what can't be changed. We all know what we don't like about our behavior in the past. That's all we need to remember when we decide how to behave in the present. We won't be ashamed in the future, if we take charge of our present.

Today is a new beginning. Whatever happened in my past need not control what I do with today.

Today is mine to be proud of.

Today's Thought is a partial reading from the book,
A Woman's Spirit by Karen Casey

Last edited by nannamom on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add source)
Back to top Go down
grimmred

grimmred

Male
Number of posts : 17
Humor : Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: We Are Free to Reach for The Future   We Are Free to Reach for The Future EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

I don't know that I can emulate the initial thoughts I had about dealing with the past, but I'll try.

The guilt that we feel when thinking about the things that we have done, all the wrongs etc. can be absolutely devastating to face when trying to rebuild your life. For me, after two months into my suboxone treatment I was hit with a tidal wave of thoughts of the past couple years and I was crushed and crippled with guilt. I couln't look any one in the eye, I could barely function, and all I wanted to do was tear myself out of my own skin. My mind would race without end and just being in my skin was unbearable.

Therapy helped to a point, but it was not nearly enough to help cope. The only way I was able to not go insane was to write to myself. I would sit and write letters to myself and I would write a lot of questions to myself. Then I would sit and really ponder of the true nature of the questions and answer them as brutally honest and no holds barred as I could.

What I was able to do through that was tear down my fundamental foundations and rebuild from scratch; only using what I found to be absolute truths about myself. I looked at how I viewed myself and saw that the last few years had far to much deception and I could not build on top of that.

How I put it was, I write my story, and there has been a madman scribbling all over the pages of my life the last few years. I took my story back and it will only continue with the solid foundation of things I was sure about myself; no lies any more.
I hope that makes some sense. scratch

I repeatedly told myself this: "Don't think about where you should be right now. think about where you want to go from here. If you think about the past you will never see where you're headed." After all of that I was able to live in my own skin again.

Last edited by grimmred on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: We Are Free to Reach for The Future   We Are Free to Reach for The Future EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

We Are Free to Reach for The Future App_1_11

Hello Grimmred!!

Your response to this post has left me wondering & quite curious as to what you have to share with us regarding the above topic. I absolutely hate it when I lose those long posts that we put all of this time into writing & then "POOF!"- they are gone!! Something I know that a couple of us do is to write long posts on Word & then copy & paste it over to here on the forum. It also helps me with my spelling as well. Just thought that I would share that little tidbit of info with you BC it IS so very frustrating to lose a message that you spent all of that time on writing in the first place & then to lose it, well I completely understand your frustration. Mad

I am looking quite forward to hearing what you had to say & will be waiting anxiously for your newly written post! Like a Star @ heaven

Your Friend,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
grimmred

grimmred

Male
Number of posts : 17
Humor : Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: We Are Free to Reach for The Future   We Are Free to Reach for The Future EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

Usually i have an add on for my browser that saves my typing on forms and forums, but I was at work and didn't have my laptop. I do occasionally write posts in word as I am doing with my story that i will post here. Having the add on is great, but I am spoiled now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Are Free to Reach for The Future   We Are Free to Reach for The Future Empty

Back to top Go down

We Are Free to Reach for The Future
Page 1 of 1